View 2013 Mazda MX-5 Miata Car Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Paying for high-priced Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance can drain your savings account and force you to prioritize other expenses. Doing a price comparison is a great way to help make ends meet.
Drivers have multiple car insurance companies to pick from, and although it’s a good thing to have a selection, too many choices makes it more difficult to find the lowest cost provider.
Finding affordable coverage is easy if you know what you’re doing. Basically, everyone who is shopping for insurance coverage will more than likely be able to lower their premiums. Although car owners do need to learn the methods companies use to sell insurance online because it can help you find the best coverage.
Where Can I Get Cheap Car Insurance?
Comparing car insurance rates can be exhausting if you don’t understand the fastest way to get free quotes. You can waste a few hours (or days) driving to local insurance agents in your area, or you could use online quotes to quickly compare rates.
Many popular insurance companies belong to an insurance system where prospective buyers submit one quote, and every company provides a quote determined by their information. This saves time by eliminating form submissions for each company. To find out how much you’re overpaying now click here (opens in new window).
The single downside to getting quotes like this is you cannot specify which companies you want pricing from. So if you want to choose specific providers to compare, we put together a list of companies who write car insurance in your area. Click here for list of insurance companies.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just make darn sure you compare the exact same coverages and limits on every quote. If you enter different liability limits it will be next to impossible to decipher which rate is best. Slightly different coverage limits can mean a large discrepancy in price. And when comparison shopping, quoting more helps you find better pricing.
Best discounts on 2013 Mazda MX-5 Miata coverage
Companies don’t always publicize every discount very clearly, so here is a list some of the best known and the harder-to-find ways to save on insurance coverage.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off for MX-5 Miata insurance depending on your company.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for more than one vehicle on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a new car can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- No Charge for an Accident – Some insurance companies permit an accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a course teaching defensive driving skills could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck.
Insurance companies that possibly offer these benefits include:
Before buying, ask each company how you can save money. Discounts might not be offered in your state.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing coverage, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions might point out if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- How much liability coverage do I need in my state?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Pieces of the Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance rate puzzle
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that play a part in calculating car insurance rates. Understanding what determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower car insurance prices.
- More claims means more premium – If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Companies provide lower rates to people who do not file claims often. Auto insurance is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Safer cars cost less to insure – Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. These vehicles reduce injuries and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Mazda has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may be receiving lower rates.
- Proper usage rating affects rates – The more miles you rack up on your Mazda every year the higher your rate. Most insurance companies charge to insure your cars determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting receive lower rates than those used for commuting. Ask your agent if your car insurance policy shows how each vehicle is driven, because improper ratings can cost you money. If your policy improperly rates your MX-5 Miata may be costing you.
- Protect yourself with liability coverage – Liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if ever a court rules you are at fault for damages caused by your negligence. It provides for a legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
- Increase deductibles and save – Physical damage deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend before your car insurance pays a claim. Physical damage coverage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, insures against damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be colliding with a building, damage caused by hail, and burglary. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the less your company will charge you for insurance for MX-5 Miata insurance.
- Traffic violations increase rates – Just one moving violation can boost insurance rates by twenty percent. Careful drivers have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who have severe citations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with the DMV in their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Never go without insurance – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a sure-fire way to bump up your car insurance costs. And not only will insurance be more expensive, failure to provide proof of insurance will get you a revoked license or a big fine.
- Rates may be lower depending on your job – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for car insurance? Occupations like judges, executives and financial analysts are shown to have higher average rates due to job stress and long work days. Conversely, occupations such as scientists, engineers and performers pay the least for MX-5 Miata insurance.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Detailed coverages of your auto insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of your auto insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are typical coverages found on most auto insurance policies.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for immediate expenses like dental work, chiropractic care, doctor visits, funeral costs and rehabilitation expenses. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
This coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things like damage from a tornado or hurricane, rock chips in glass and damage from flooding. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for collisions
This pays for damage to your MX-5 Miata resulting from a collision with another car or object. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims like crashing into a ditch, rolling your car and damaging your car on a curb. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Liability insurance can cover damage that occurs to a person or their property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 50/100/50 that translate to $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and property damage coverage for $50,000.
Liability insurance covers things like legal defense fees, attorney fees, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and medical services. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This protects you and your vehicle when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your 2013 Mazda MX-5 Miata.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
More quotes. Lower rates.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price.
Affordable 2013 Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance is possible both online and with local insurance agents, so compare prices from both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
Much more information about auto insurance can be found at the links below
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area