Lower Your 2012 Mazda MX-5 Miata Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 23, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for cheaper insurance rates for your Mazda MX-5 Miata? If you are a novice to online insurance shopping, you can be overwhelmed due to the large number of online companies selling insurance.
It is always a good idea to price shop coverage periodically since insurance rates change frequently. Even if you think you had the best deal for MX-5 Miata insurance on your last policy other companies may now be cheaper. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because you’re about to find out one of the best ways to find better coverage at a better price.
Pay less for Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance
Auto insurance companies don’t always list every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find both well-publicized and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Anti-theft System – Anti-theft and alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Senior Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for better car insurance rates for MX-5 Miata insurance.
- Claim Free – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Sign Early and Save – A few companies offer discounts for switching to them before your current policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Accident Waiver – A handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before raising your premiums as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates for MX-5 Miata insurance than drivers with accidents.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver’s ed class in high school.
Drivers should understand that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck.
For a list of companies with the best car insurance discounts, click here to view.
Quick Auto Insurance Quotes
All the larger auto insurance companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO give pricing online. Getting online rates doesn’t take much effort as you simply type in the coverages you want as detailed in the form. Upon sending the form, their rating system will obtain credit information and your driving record and returns a price determined by many factors.
Being able to quote online makes it a lot easier to compare rates but the time required to go to multiple sites and type in the same information is repetitive and time-consuming. Unfortunately, it is important to perform this step in order to find the best price on auto insurance.
The easy way to compare rates
The preferred way to find lower prices uses one simple form to return rates from more than one company. It saves time, eliminates repetitive work, and makes online quotes a lot less work. Immediately after you send the form, it gets priced and you can choose any or none of the price quotes you receive. If the quotes result in lower rates, it’s easy to complete the application and purchase the new policy. This process just takes a couple of minutes and could lower your rates considerably.
To find out what other companies charge, click here to open in a new tab and enter your vehicle and coverage information. To compare your current rates, we recommend you copy deductibles and limits exactly as they are listed on your policy. This makes sure you will be getting comparison quotes for the exact same coverage.
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
For example, these questions may help highlight whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Should I rate my 2012 Mazda MX-5 Miata as pleasure use or commute?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Insurance coverage breakdown
Having a good grasp of insurance can be of help when determining appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Insurance terms can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Medical costs insurance – Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses for things like chiropractic care, EMT expenses, surgery, ambulance fees and prosthetic devices. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
UM/UIM Coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Mazda MX-5 Miata.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Collision – Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things such as rolling your car, hitting a parking meter, hitting a mailbox and crashing into a building. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Liability car insurance – This coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see values of 100/300/100 which stand for $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims like repair costs for stationary objects, funeral expenses, emergency aid and court costs. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – This will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like rock chips in glass, theft, hail damage, a broken windshield and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
When buying insurance coverage, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that they should have had better coverage. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
People switch companies for any number of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, lack of trust in their agent, delays in paying claims or unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right car insurance provider can be pretty painless.
Discount 2012 Mazda MX-5 Miata insurance is possible from both online companies and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies may not provide online quoting and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
Additional detailed information can be read by following these links:
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area