How Much Does 2013 Nissan 370Z Insurance Cost?
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Finding low-cost insurance for a Nissan 370Z can normally be difficult, but you can learn the following methods to make it easier.
There are both good and bad ways to compare car insurance rates and we’ll show you the quickest way to compare rates on a Nissan and obtain the best price possible either online or from local insurance agents.
If you have a policy now or need a new policy, you can use these tips to cut your premiums while maximizing coverage. Finding more affordable insurance coverage can be fairly easy. Vehicle owners just need to understand the most efficient way to compare company rates online.
These discounts can lower your rates
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there are discounts available that can drop the cost substantially. Most are applied when you purchase, but less common discounts must be requested specifically in order for you to get them. If you’re not getting every credit available, you are throwing money away.
- Good Student – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more off your medical payments premium.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you may be able to get better insurance coverage rates for 370Z coverage.
- Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles could qualify for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Sign Early and Save – A few companies offer discounts for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given the whole policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way. But any discount will bring down the amount you have to pay.
To see a list of insurance companies who offer insurance coverage discounts, click here to view.
Why your Nissan 370Z insurance rates may be high
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that come into play when calculating auto insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what impacts premium levels enables informed choices that will entitle you to better auto insurance rates.
- Safer cars cost less to insure – Safer cars tend to have better insurance rates. The safest vehicles protect occupants better and lower injury rates means lower claim amounts passed on to you as lower rates. If the Nissan 370Z scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may be receiving lower rates.
- Rural vs Urban Areas – Residing in a rural area is a positive aspect when talking about auto insurance. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. City drivers have more traffic problems and longer commute times. More time commuting can result in more accidents.
- Theft deterrents lower rates – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft devices like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can help prevent car theft.
- Men fork out a little more – Statistics demonstrate that women are safer drivers than men. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. They both tend to get into accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species have costlier accidents. Men also tend to have more aggressive citations like reckless driving and DUI. Young males are most likely to cause an accident and therefore have the most expensive auto insurance rates.
- Where do you drive? – Driving more miles each year the more you will pay for auto insurance. The majority of insurers apply a rate based on their usage. Autos not used for work or commuting can get a lower rate as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. An improperly rated 370Z may be costing you. Ask your agent if your auto insurance coverage shows the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money.
Different people need different coverages
When buying coverage, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For instance, these questions might point out if your situation may require specific advice.
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Specific coverages for a Nissan 370Z
Understanding the coverages of your policy helps when choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Insurance terms can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your 2013 Nissan 370Z.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Normally these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Coverage for collisions
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your 370Z resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as hitting a parking meter, sideswiping another vehicle, crashing into a ditch and colliding with a tree. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like hitting a deer, theft, a broken windshield and rock chips in glass. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Coverage for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for bills for things like doctor visits, nursing services and funeral costs. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Liability auto insurance
Liability coverage can cover damage that occurs to a person or their property in an accident. It protects you from legal claims by others. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against things like legal defense fees, loss of income, funeral expenses and repair costs for stationary objects. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
Saving money is sweet as honey
Insureds switch companies for a number of reasons such as delays in responding to claim requests, being labeled a high risk driver, poor customer service and even denial of a claim. Whatever your reason, switching auto insurance companies is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Affordable 2013 Nissan 370Z insurance can be purchased from both online companies and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. There are still a few companies who may not provide online price quotes and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
We’ve covered some good ideas how to reduce insurance prices online. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company.
Much more information about auto insurance is located below:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area