Cheapest 2013 Toyota Prius c Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Sick and tired of being strong-armed to buy car insurance? Your situation is no different than many other consumers.
Companies like State Farm and GEICO all promote huge savings with TV and radio ads and consumers find it hard to see past the corporate glitz and take the time to shop coverage around.
If you have car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to save some money using this strategy. Finding affordable coverage is easy if you know what you’re doing. But drivers do need to understand how big insurance companies sell online and take advantage of how the system works.
Vehicle Insurance Comparison
There are multiple methods to shop for 2013 Toyota Prius c car insurance, but there is one way that is less time-consuming than others. You could spend the better part of a day discussing policy coverages with insurance companies in your area, or you can utilize online quotes to quickly compare rates.
The majority of car insurance companies enroll in a system where insurance shoppers only type in their quote data once, and each company can provide price quotes based on the submitted data. This prevents consumers from doing quote requests to every company. To find out how much you’re overpaying now click here to start a free quote.
The one disadvantage to doing it this way is that you can’t choose the insurers you want to price. So if you want to select specific providers to request quotes from, we have a listing of car insurance companies in your area. Click here to view list.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just ensure you’re using identical coverages on every quote. If each company quotes different liability limits it will be impossible to make a fair comparison for your Toyota Prius c. Quoting even small variations in insurance coverages may result in a large different in cost. Keep in mind that more quotes helps locate a lower rate.
Toyota Prius c rates influenced by many factors
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that go into determining your auto insurance rates. Knowing what controls the rates you pay empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with lower auto insurance prices.
Listed below are a few of the “ingredients” used by your company to calculate rates.
- Don’t let your coverage lapse – Driving your car without having proper coverage is illegal and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage have a gap. Not only will you pay more, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in a steep fine or even jail time.
- Women pay lower rates – Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women have accidents in similar percentages, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also statistically have more aggressive citations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Being married is a good thing – Getting married helps lower the price on your policy. Having a spouse is viewed as being more mature and responsible and it’s proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Frequent auto insurance claims increase rates – Auto insurance companies give cheaper rates to people who file claims infrequently. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to higher rates. Auto insurance is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Don’t skimp on liability – The liability section of your policy will protect you in the event that you are found liable for personal injury or accident damage. Liability provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability is cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Younger drivers pay higher rates – Teenage drivers have a tendency to be more careless when behind the wheel so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Older insureds are viewed as being more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and receive fewer citations.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Safe vehicles result in less severe injuries and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and lower rates for you. If your Toyota Prius c has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you are probably receiving a discount.
- Where you live can impact rates – Being located in a small town can save you money when insuring your vehicles. Drivers in populated areas regularly have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Fewer people translates into fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
Discounts to lower Toyota Prius c insurance rates
Car insurance companies don’t list all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list some of the best known and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Having multiple cars or trucks on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Distant Student – Children living away from home attending college and don’t have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course in school.
- Sign Early and Save – Select companies give a discount for switching policies before your current policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off for Prius c insurance with certain companies.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
It’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
To see a list of providers with the best insurance coverage discounts, click here to view.
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying coverage, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s needs are different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Auto insurance coverages 101
Learning about specific coverages of your auto insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. These are the usual coverages available from auto insurance companies.
Coverage for medical expenses
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for bills for things like rehabilitation expenses, chiropractic care, nursing services, doctor visits and pain medications. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision coverage pays for damage to your Prius c resulting from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things like backing into a parked car, colliding with a tree, crashing into a ditch, driving through your garage door and hitting a mailbox. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive auto insurance
This pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as fire damage, damage from a tornado or hurricane, a broken windshield, damage from flooding and hitting a deer. The maximum payout a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Toyota Prius c.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
This protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people. It protects you against claims from other people. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have liability limits of 50/100/50 which means $50,000 bodily injury coverage, $100,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as attorney fees, structural damage, funeral expenses, court costs and pain and suffering. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
Be Smart and Buy Smart
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits and discovered at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
In this article, we presented many ideas to get a better price on 2013 Toyota Prius c insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may discover the most savings is with a small mutual company. These smaller insurers can often provide lower rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
More tips and info about insurance coverage is located by following these links:
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area