2014 Acura TSX Sport Wagon Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 24, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for cheaper auto insurance rates for your Acura TSX Sport Wagon? No one in their right mind likes paying for auto insurance, especially knowing the cost is too high.
Popular companies such as GEICO, Progressive and Allstate all claim big savings with ad campaigns and consumers find it hard to ignore the propoganda and take the time to shop coverage around.
How to Get Insurance Coverage Comparison Quotes
When shopping for insurance coverage there are multiple ways to compare rate quotes from local insurance coverage companies. The recommended way to find the cheapest 2014 Acura TSX Sport Wagon insurance rates is simply to get online rate quotes. This can be done in several different ways.
- The recommended way to find low rates is to use a rate comparison form (click to open form in new window). This easy form eliminates the need for repetitive form submissions to each individual insurance coverage company. A single form will get you rate comparisons from insurance coverage companies with the best prices.
- A harder way to get comparison quotes is spending the time to visit the website of each company to complete their respective quote request forms. For instance, let’s say you want to compare Farmers, Progressive and Travelers. You would have to go to every website and enter your policy data, which is why the first method is more popular. For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
- The least efficient method to get comparison rates is driving to insurance agents’ offices. The ability to buy insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you prefer the professional advice of a licensed agent. You can, however, get the lowest quotes online but buy from a local insurance agent and we’ll talk about that later.
It’s up to you which method you use, but compare apples-to-apples information on every quote you get. If you use higher or lower deductibles you can’t possibly truly determine the lowest rate. Just a small difference in coverage limits can make a big difference in price. It’s important to know that obtaining a wide range of quotes provides better odds of finding better pricing.
Best discounts on 2014 Acura TSX Sport Wagon coverage
Car insurance is not cheap, buy you may qualify for discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some trigger automatically at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Own a Home – Owning a home can save you money because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- Seat Belts Save – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more off your medical payments premium.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Keeping the miles down on your Acura could qualify for a substantially lower rate.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids living away from home attending college and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Accident Forgiveness – Some insurance companies permit an accident without raising rates as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- No Accidents – Drivers who don’t have accidents can earn big discounts compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Discount for New Cars – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can be considerably cheaper since new cars are generally safer.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky. But all discounts will cut the cost of coverage.
Car insurance companies that may offer these money-saving discounts are:
Check with each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts might not be offered in your state.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying coverage, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required minimum liability coverage?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Acura TSX Sport Wagon insurance rates have many determining factors
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that play a part in calculating auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with lower auto insurance prices.
Shown below are some of the factors companies use to determine rates.
- Safe vehicles cost less to insure – Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. The safest vehicles result in less severe injuries and lower injury rates translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims passed on to you as lower rates. If your Acura TSX Sport Wagon earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Better credit scores mean better rates – Your credit history is a big factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. So if your credit rating is not that good, you could save money insuring your 2014 Acura TSX Sport Wagon by spending a little time repairing your credit. Drivers who have good credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with lower credit scores.
- Cautious drivers pay less – Your driving citation history impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Just one moving violation can boost insurance rates by twenty percent. Careful drivers receive lower rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who have severe citations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state DMV in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- High numbers of claims are not good – Companies award discounts to insureds who file claims infrequently. If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Car insurance is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Are you male or female? – Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Both sexes are in accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species cause more damage. Men also tend to get more serious tickets such as reckless driving. Teenage male drivers are the most expensive to insure and are penalized with high auto insurance rates.
- Where you reside plays a part – Living in a rural area can be a good thing when insuring your vehicles. Fewer people translates into fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Urban drivers regularly have much more traffic to deal with and a longer drive to work. Higher commute times means more change of being in an accident.
Are insurance coverage companies telling the truth?
Insurance coverage providers like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO continually stream ads in print and on television. They all make the same claim about savings after switching your policy. How do they all make almost identical claims?
Different companies have a certain “appetite” for the right customer that is profitable for them. An example of a preferred risk could possibly be between 25 and 40, has no prior claims, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A customer getting a price quote who meets those qualifications will get the preferred rates and is almost guaranteed to save when they switch companies.
Potential customers who don’t measure up to this ideal profile will have to pay more money and ends up with business not being written. The ads state “customers that switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save money. This is how insurance companies can confidently make those claims.
Because of the profiling, it’s extremely important to get a wide range of price quotes. It’s impossible to know which company will give you the biggest savings on Acura TSX Sport Wagon insurance.
Coverages available on your insurance policy
Learning about specific coverages of a insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are the usual coverages available from insurance companies.
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like a broken windshield, hitting a deer and theft. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Liability coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to other people or property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 100/300/100 that means you have a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against claims like repair costs for stationary objects, funeral expenses and loss of income. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked. Most of the time the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for expenses for hospital visits, EMT expenses, rehabilitation expenses, surgery and funeral costs. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
This coverage covers damage to your TSX Sport Wagon caused by collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things like hitting a parking meter, backing into a parked car, sideswiping another vehicle and rolling your car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Best coverage at the best price
In this article, we covered a lot of ways to get a better price on 2014 Acura TSX Sport Wagon insurance. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from the least-expected company. Regional companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
The cheapest insurance can be purchased online in addition to many insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Insitute)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area