Cheapest 2012 Acura TSX Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 4, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find the cheapest car insurance rates for your Acura TSX? Are you tired of trying to scrape together enough money to insure your Acura every month? You are in the same boat as millions of other consumers.
Online insurance companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO promote their brand names with advertising and it can be hard to ignore the flashy ads and take the time to shop coverage around.
Are you getting all your discounts?
Auto insurance companies don’t always list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so we researched both the well known as well as the least known savings tricks you should be using.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings up to 30%.
- Paperless Signup – Certain companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy over the internet.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems help deter theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking part in a driver safety course could save 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy life insurance.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, insurance coverage companies aren’t that generous.
For a list of insurers with discount insurance coverage rates, follow this link.
When might I need an agent?
When choosing the best car insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. These are some specific questions may help you determine if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Are my friends covered when driving my 2012 Acura TSX?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Insurance coverage breakdown
Learning about specific coverages of your insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Listed below are the usual coverages found on the average insurance policy.
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Acura TSX.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
This coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to people or other property in an accident. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see values of 50/100/50 which stand for a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims like legal defense fees, medical expenses, structural damage and bail bonds. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Medical costs insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for bills for things like ambulance fees, rehabilitation expenses, doctor visits, X-ray expenses and nursing services. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as fire damage, damage from a tornado or hurricane, rock chips in glass and vandalism. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Collision coverage protection
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against claims like damaging your car on a curb, crashing into a building, hitting a mailbox, sideswiping another vehicle and colliding with a tree. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Power to the consumer
Affordable 2012 Acura TSX insurance can be bought from both online companies and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. Some companies may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
While you’re price shopping online, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest price.
More detailed auto insurance information is available in the articles below:
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest insurance for my 2012 Acura TSX?
To find the cheapest insurance for your 2012 Acura TSX, consider the following steps:
- Shop around: Obtain quotes from multiple insurance providers to compare rates and coverage options.
- Opt for higher deductibles: Choosing a higher deductible can lower your insurance premium, but make sure you can afford to pay the deductible if you need to make a claim.
- Maintain a clean driving record: Having a history of safe driving can help you secure lower insurance rates.
- Explore available discounts: Inquire about any discounts you may be eligible for, such as multi-policy, multi-vehicle, or good driver discounts.
- Consider usage-based insurance: Some insurance companies offer programs where your rates are based on your driving habits, potentially resulting in lower premiums if you have good driving behavior.
What factors influence the cost of insurance for a 2012 Acura TSX?
Several factors can affect the cost of insurance for a 2012 Acura TSX, including:
- Age and driving experience: Younger and inexperienced drivers typically pay higher insurance premiums.
- Location: Insurance rates can vary based on your location due to factors like crime rates and accident frequency in the area.
- Vehicle usage: The intended use of your car, such as personal or business, can impact insurance rates.
- Coverage and deductible: The type and level of coverage you choose, as well as your deductible amount, can affect your insurance premium.
- Driving record: A history of accidents or traffic violations can result in higher insurance rates.
- Credit history: Some insurance providers consider credit history when determining premiums.
- Safety features: The presence of safety features in your 2012 Acura TSX, such as anti-lock brakes, airbags, or an anti-theft system, can potentially lower your insurance costs.
Are there any specific insurance providers known for offering affordable rates for a 2012 Acura TSX?
While specific insurance rates can vary based on individual circumstances, it’s generally a good idea to consider obtaining quotes from various insurance providers. Some well-known insurance companies often offer competitive rates for auto insurance, including:
- State Farm
- USAA (for military personnel and their families)
Are there any insurance discounts available specifically for a 2012 Acura TSX?
Insurance discounts can vary depending on the insurance provider, but some common discounts that may apply to a 2012 Acura TSX (or any vehicle) include:
- Multi-policy discount: If you insure your Acura TSX and other policies, such as home or renters insurance, with the same provider, you may qualify for a discount.
- Multi-vehicle discount: If you insure multiple vehicles on the same policy, you may be eligible for a discount.
- Good driver discount: Maintaining a clean driving record with no accidents or traffic violations can often lead to discounted rates.
- Safety features discount: If your 2012 Acura TSX is equipped with safety features like anti-lock brakes, airbags, or an anti-theft system, you may qualify for a discount.
- Low mileage discount: If you don’t drive your Acura TSX extensively, you may be eligible for a discount.
- Good student discount: If you’re a student with good grades, you may qualify
Are there any additional tips to lower the cost of insurance for my 2012 Acura TSX?
Here are some additional tips to potentially reduce the cost of insurance for your 2012 Acura TSX:
- Take a defensive driving course: Successfully completing a defensive driving course can sometimes qualify you for discounted rates.
- Maintain a good credit score: Some insurance companies consider credit history when determining premiums, so maintaining a good credit score may help lower your rates.
- Remove unnecessary coverage: Review your insurance policy to ensure you’re not paying for coverage you don’t need, but be cautious to maintain adequate protection.
- Avoid filing small claims: Consider handling minor damages out of pocket instead of filing a claim, as multiple claims can lead to higher premiums.
- Regularly review your policy: As your circumstances change, such as moving or adding safety features, update your insurance provider to see if it affects your rates.
- Bundle insurance policies: If you have multiple insurance needs, bundling them with one provider may result in discounted rates.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area