Cheapest 2014 Chevrolet Equinox Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 7, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want the cheapest car insurance rates for your Chevrolet Equinox? Saving money on car insurance is a challenge for beginners to comparing rates online. People have so many options that it can be a real challenge to find the best price.
You need to price shop coverage on a regular basis since insurance rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you got the best price for Equinox coverage six months ago a different company probably has better rates today. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because we’re going to demonstrate one of the quickest ways to get good coverage at a lower rate.
If you currently have car insurance, you stand a good chance to be able to save some money using this strategy. Pricing the best auto insurance coverage is simple if you know the tricks. Nevertheless, car owners do need to know the way companies market insurance on the web and take advantage of how the system works.
Finding Car Insurance
Shopping for lower car insurance rates can take time and effort if you don’t utilize the fastest way to get free quotes. You can spend your afternoon talking to agents in your area, or you can stay home and use the web to achieve your goal.
Many popular insurance companies enroll in a system where insurance shoppers enter their coverage request one time, and at least one company can provide price quotes determined by their information. This prevents consumers from doing repetitive form submissions for each company you want a rate for. To find out how much you can save on car insurance click here to start a free quote.
One minor caveat to using this type of system is buyers cannot specifically choose which insurance companies you want pricing from. If you wish to select from a list of companies to compare, we have assembled a list of car insurance companies in your area. Click here to view list.
Whichever method you choose, make sure you use exactly the same information for each comparison quote. If you enter unequal deductibles or liability limits you can’t possibly make an equal comparison. Having just a slight variation in limits can make a big difference in price. And when comparing car insurance rates, know that comparing a large number of companies will increase your chances of finding better pricing.
Your Chevy Equinox insurance rate is a complex equation
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that play a part in calculating auto insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what influences your rates enables informed choices that could result in big savings.
- The more you drive the more you pay – Driving more miles every year the higher your rate. Almost all companies price each vehicle’s coverage determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars not used for work or commuting can get a lower rate as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Ask your agent if your auto insurance coverage is rated on the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money. If your policy improperly rates your Equinox can cost quite a bit.
- Bump up deductibles to save – Your deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before your auto insurance pays a claim. Coverage for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers damage that occurs to your car. A few examples of covered claims could be colliding with a building, damage from fire, and burglary. The higher the amount you have to pay, the bigger discount you will receive for Equinox coverage.
- Safer cars are cheaper to insure – Vehicles with high crash test scores get lower rates. These vehicles result in less severe injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims passed on to you as lower rates. If your Chevy earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Pay less if you’re married – Having a spouse actually saves money on your policy. Having a significant other means you’re more mature and it’s proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Add-on coverages can add up – There are many extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t careful. Insurance for roadside assistance, accidental death and additional equipment coverage may be costing you every month. These coverages may sound good when talking to your agent, but now you might not need them so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Do you qualify for a discount?
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but companies offer discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Most are applied when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- Use Seat Belts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new car can save up to 30% because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Life Insurance Discount – Larger companies have better rates if you take out life insurance.
- Good Students Pay Less – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Federal Government Employee – Employees or retirees of the government may qualify you for a discount for Equinox coverage with a few insurance coverage companies.
- Own a Home – Owning a home can save you money because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
It’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck. But any discount will bring down the amount you have to pay.
To see a list of companies who offer insurance coverage discounts, follow this link.
What coverages do I need?
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- When should I remove comp and collision on my 2014 Chevy Equinox?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Is my 2014 Chevy Equinox covered for flood damage?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Having a good grasp of auto insurance can help you determine which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Comprehensive insurance – This will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like damage from a tornado or hurricane, hitting a deer, hitting a bird, a broken windshield and falling objects. The highest amount your auto insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision coverages – Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Equinox from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as driving through your garage door, damaging your car on a curb and crashing into a ditch. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Chevy Equinox.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Usually these limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for immediate expenses like nursing services, prosthetic devices, chiropractic care and X-ray expenses. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover you and your occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Liability coverage – This will cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property in an accident. It protects you against other people’s claims. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 100/300/100 which means $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers claims such as bail bonds, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and medical expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
Shop smart and save
Insureds change insurance companies for any number of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, denial of a claim or being labeled a high risk driver. No matter why you want to switch, finding the right insurance coverage provider is not as difficult as it may seem.
Lower-priced 2014 Chevy Equinox insurance can be sourced on the web and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers may not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
We just presented a lot of ways to save on insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. You may even find the lowest premiums are with a lesser-known regional company.
More detailed insurance coverage information is located by following these links:
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area