Cheapest 2014 Kia Rio Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find low-cost insurance for a Kia Rio can be difficult, but you can use the following methods to make it easier.
There is a better way to shop for auto insurance and you need to know the quickest way to compare rates on a Kia and obtain the lowest possible price from local insurance agents and online providers.
Shopping for the lowest cost coverage is quite easy. If you have insurance now or are looking for a new policy, you can use these tips to find better prices while maximizing coverage. Vehicle owners just need to know the most efficient way to compare rates over the internet.
How to Get Insurance Comparison Quotes
Finding a lower price on 2014 Kia Rio insurance is not a difficult process. The only requirement is to invest a few minutes to get quotes online from several insurance companies. This can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- One of the simplest ways to get quotes is an all-inclusive rate comparison (click to open form in new window). This form prevents you from having to do separate quotes for each company. Completing one form will return price quotes direct from many companies.It’s the quickest way to get rates.
- A different way to compare rate quotes consists of going to the website for every company you want to comare to complete a price quote. For example, we’ll assume you want comparison quotes from Farmers, Allstate and GMAC. To get rate quotes you would need to spend time on each company’s site to input your insurance information, which is why the first method is quicker. For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
- The hardest method of getting rate comparisons is driving to different agent offices. Shopping for insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you prefer the professional guidance only provided by licensed agents. It is possible to comparison shop your insurance online and get advice from an agent in your area and we’ll cover that in a bit.
Whichever method you choose, make absolute certain that you use identical information with each company. If you are comparing different liability limits it will be very difficult to determine the lowest rate for your Kia Rio.
Discounts to lower 2014 Kia Rio insurance rates
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there could be available discounts that you may not know about. A few discounts will automatically apply when you quote, but less common discounts must be specially asked for in order for you to get them. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you are throwing money away.
- 55 and Retired – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10% for Rio insurance.
- Auto/Life Discount – Some companies give lower rates if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts up to 30%.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one insurance company you may save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers may save up to 50% more for Rio insurance than drivers with accident claims.
- Paperless Signup – A few companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application over the internet.
- Seat Belts Save – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky. But any discount will help reduce your overall premium however.
To see a list of providers offering insurance coverage discounts, click here.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Every situation is different.
For example, these questions could help you determine whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Should I rate my 2014 Kia Rio as pleasure use or commute?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- If my 2014 Kia Rio is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Parts of your insurance policy
Having a good grasp of your insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Collision coverage protection
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for claims like backing into a parked car, rolling your car and colliding with another moving vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
This coverage protects you and your vehicle when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Kia Rio.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
Medical costs insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for bills for things like chiropractic care, funeral costs and surgery. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Auto liability insurance
Liability insurance can cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 50/100/50 which stand for $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and property damage coverage for $50,000. Another option is a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against claims like funeral expenses, loss of income and legal defense fees. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like damage from a tornado or hurricane, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and damage from flooding. The most a insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
One last thing about your coverage
Drivers leave their current company for many reasons like high rates after DUI convictions, policy cancellation, not issuing a premium refund and even being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new insurance company is easier than you think.
Budget-conscious 2014 Kia Rio insurance is attainable both online in addition to many insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who do not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
When trying to cut insurance costs, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that it was a big error on their part. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price.
More learning opportunities
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area