Cheapest 2014 Mazda CX-5 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Sep 2, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Finding cheaper insurance for your Mazda CX-5 can normally be a painful process, but you can use a few tricks and make it easy.
There is a better way to shop for auto insurance and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to quote coverages for a new or used Mazda and find the cheapest rates from local insurance agents and online providers.
You should take the time to do rate comparisons occasionally since rates are constantly changing. Even if you got the best price on CX-5 coverage six months ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re about to learn the right way to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
Pricing affordable insurance coverage is not that difficult. If you have a policy now or are just looking to switch companies, you can learn to find better prices while maximizing coverage. Drivers only need an understanding of the proper methods to find the lowest price online.
How to Get Car Insurance
Getting better 2014 Mazda CX-5 car insurance pricing can be surprisingly simple. Drivers just need to spend a few minutes on the computer getting comparison quotes from different insurance companies. This is very easy and can be done in a couple of different ways.
- The fastest way to get quotes is an all-inclusive rate comparison click to view form in new window. This method keeps you from doing boring form submissions to each individual car insurance company. In just a few minutes this one form gets you price quotes from multiple low-cost companies. It’s definitely the quickest method.
- A different way to compare rate quotes requires you to visit the website for each individual company and complete a new quote form. For instance, we’ll assume you want comparison quotes from Allstate, Liberty Mutual and GMAC. To get each rate you have to spend time on each company’s site and enter your information, which is why the first method is more popular. For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
- The most time-consuming method of comparing rate quotes is to drive around to insurance agents’ offices. The internet has reduced the need for local agents unless you have a need for the personal advice of a licensed agent. You can, however, compare online quotes and still use a local agent.
Whichever way you use, ensure you’re using identical quote information for every company. If you are comparing mixed coverages it will be impossible to find the best deal for your Mazda CX-5.
Misconceptions in insurance coverage advertisements
Drivers get pounded daily by advertisements that promise big savings from the likes of State Farm and Allstate. All the companies have a common claim that you’ll save big after switching your coverage to them.
But how can every company say the same thing?
Different companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of customer that is profitable for them. For instance, a profitable customer might be between the ages of 40 and 55, has no tickets, and drives newer vehicles. Any driver who matches those parameters is entitled to the best price and most likely will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Consumers who don’t qualify for the requirements will be charged higher premiums which usually ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads state “customers that switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much money. That is how insurance companies can claim big savings.
That is why you absolutely need to get a wide range of price quotes. It’s just too difficult to predict which insurance coverage company will give you the biggest savings on Mazda CX-5 insurance.
Do you qualify for a discount?
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you can get discounts that you may not know about. Some trigger automatically at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be requested specifically in order for you to get them. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Drivers Education – Have your child successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Driver Safety – Taking part in a course in driver safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total premium.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Life Insurance Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give better rates if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying insurance for more than one vehicle on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
It’s important to note that most credits do not apply the whole policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies aren’t that generous. But all discounts will bring down the cost of coverage.
Companies that possibly offer some of the above discounts include:
Double check with all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts may not apply in your state.
What coverages do I need?
When choosing coverage, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s needs are different.
For instance, these questions may help you determine whether you might need professional guidance.
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Insurance coverages and their meanings
Having a good grasp of your insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Insurance terms can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – This protects you and your vehicle when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Mazda CX-5.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like damage from flooding, rock chips in glass and theft. The maximum payout your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Medical expense insurance – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for expenses like ambulance fees, rehabilitation expenses, nursing services and pain medications. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. They cover you and your occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision coverage – Collision coverage covers damage to your CX-5 from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things like crashing into a ditch, sustaining damage from a pot hole, scraping a guard rail and colliding with a tree. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Auto liability insurance – This protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property by causing an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against things such as bail bonds, medical services and structural damage. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
Have money to burn
Insureds switch companies for a number of reasons such as policy cancellation, delays in paying claims, lack of trust in their agent and poor customer service. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new company is actually quite simple.
Lower-priced 2014 Mazda CX-5 insurance can be purchased online as well as from independent agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
We’ve covered a lot of ways to lower your insurance rates. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. Consumers may even find the best prices are with a small local company.
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area