Cheapest 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 5, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want better insurance coverage rates for your Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class? Scraping up a payment for overpriced Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class insurance can take a big chunk out of your savings account and put a big crunch on your finances. Shopping your coverage around is a great way to make sure you’re not throwing money away.
Consumers have many insurers to pick from, and though it is a good thing to have a choice, it can be more difficult to locate the cheapest rates.
It’s a great practice to take a look at other company’s rates periodically because rates are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you found the lowest rates on CLA-Class coverage a year ago there may be better deals available now. There is too much inaccurate information about insurance coverage online, so I’m going to show you some of the best ways to quit paying high insurance coverage rates.
Shopping for more affordable coverage is easy if you know what you’re doing. Essentially anyone who buys auto insurance stands a good chance to be able to find lower rates. Although consumers need to have an understanding of the way insurance companies sell online and take advantage of how the system works.
The easiest way to compare rates is to know all the major auto insurance companies provide online access to give rate comparisons. All consumers are required to do is provide a little information including the make and model of your vehicles, level of coverage desired, whether you are single or married, and whether your vehicle is owned or leased. Your information is then submitted to many of the top insurers and they return quotes immediately.
How to reduce 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class insurance rates
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, buy you may qualify for discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you quote, but some must be requested specifically in order for you to get them.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more off your medical payments premium.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Mercedes-Benz could qualify for a substantially lower rate.
- Auto/Life Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy life insurance from them.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Driver Safety – Taking part in a course teaching defensive driving skills could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Employee of Federal Government – Employees or retirees of the government could cut as much as 10% off on CLA-Class coverage with a few auto insurance companies.
- Paperless Signup – A handful of insurance companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application on their website.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being a member of a professional or civic organization may earn a discount on auto insurance on CLA-Class coverage.
- One Accident Forgiven – Certain companies allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims for a certain period of time.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply the whole policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky. But all discounts will reduce the cost of coverage.
A partial list of companies that may offer these benefits are:
- Farmers Insurance
- State Farm
Check with each insurance company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts might not be offered in your area.
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying coverage, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Every situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For instance, these questions could help you determine if you will benefit from professional help.
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Pieces of the Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class insurance rate puzzle
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that help determine the rates you pay for insurance. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with lower insurance prices.
- Battle of the sexes – Statistics demonstrate that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn’t mean men are worse drivers. Both sexes are in accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. Men also tend to get more serious tickets like DUI and reckless driving.
- Big city or small town – Being located in less populated areas can be a good thing when talking about insurance. Drivers who live in large cities have much more traffic and longer commute times. Lower population means a lower chance of having an accident as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- You might want pay the small claims yourself – Companies give discounts to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you frequently file small claims, you can look forward to either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Theft deterrents lower rates – Choosing a vehicle with an alarm system can get you a discount on your insurance. Theft prevention devices such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart auto theft.
Can you really save $450 a year?
Insurance companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO continually stream television and radio advertisements. They all seem to say the same thing of big savings after switching your coverage to them. But how can every company claim to save you money?
Different companies can use profiling for the type of customer that is profitable for them. An example of a preferred risk might be profiled as over the age of 40, has no prior claims, and has excellent credit. A customer getting a price quote who matches those parameters will get very good rates and most likely will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential insureds who are not a match for this ideal profile will have to pay higher premiums which leads to the customer not buying. Company advertisements say “customers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much money. That’s why companies can truthfully claim big savings.
Because of the profiling, you absolutely need to compare many company’s rates. It is impossible to predict which insurance company will give you the biggest savings on Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class insurance.
Specific coverage details
Understanding the coverages of a insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are the normal coverages offered by insurance companies.
This coverage covers damage to your CLA-Class from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for things like hitting a mailbox, sustaining damage from a pot hole, backing into a parked car and rolling your car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses for things like X-ray expenses, ambulance fees, chiropractic care, pain medications and doctor visits. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
This pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as theft, damage from flooding, damage from getting keyed and vandalism. The maximum amount your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Liability auto insurance
Liability insurance will cover damage that occurs to people or other property in an accident. This coverage protects you against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 100/300/100 that translate to a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000. Occasionally you may see one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against things like legal defense fees, bail bonds, structural damage, pain and suffering and medical services. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and damage to your 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Usually these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
More choices the merrier
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced full coverage only to regret at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. The aim is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price.
We covered many ways to save on 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may be surprised to find that the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Cost effective insurance can be purchased on the web and also from your neighborhood agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some companies may not provide online price quotes and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Even more information can be found in these articles:
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I reduce my 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class insurance rates?
The price of auto insurance can be high, but there are ways to lower your rates. One effective method is to shop around and compare quotes from different insurance companies. Additionally, you may qualify for various discounts offered by insurers. Some common discounts include safe driver discounts, multi-policy discounts, and good student discounts. By tailoring your coverage to your specific needs and taking advantage of available discounts, you can potentially reduce your insurance rates.
What factors affect the cost of Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class insurance?
Insurance companies consider several factors when determining the cost of insurance for a Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class. These factors may include your age, driving record, location, credit history, the model and year of your vehicle, and the coverage options you choose. Additionally, your insurance rates can vary among different insurance providers, as each company has its own rating criteria. It’s advisable to compare quotes from multiple insurers to find the most affordable rates for your specific circumstances.
How do insurance companies offer big savings when switching coverage?
Insurance companies often advertise significant savings when you switch coverage to them. These savings claims are based on the profiling of preferred risk customers who are considered more profitable for the insurance company. Factors such as age, claims history, and credit score can influence whether you fall into the preferred risk category. However, it’s important to compare quotes from multiple insurance companies to find the best savings for your Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class insurance. Different insurers have different rating criteria, and you may find that another company offers better rates based on your individual profile.
What are the common types of coverage for Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class insurance?
When selecting insurance coverage for your Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class, it’s essential to understand the different types of coverage available. Common coverage options include:
- Collision insurance: Covers damage to your vehicle from colliding with another object or vehicle.
- Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP): Provides coverage for immediate medical expenses resulting from an accident, such as doctor visits, X-rays, and ambulance fees.
- Comprehensive insurance: Protects against damage to your vehicle from incidents other than collisions, such as theft, vandalism, or natural disasters.
- Liability auto insurance: Covers damage to other people or their property in an accident where you are at fault.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) coverage: Provides protection if you’re involved in an accident with an uninsured or underinsured driver.
Understanding these coverage options can help you make informed decisions about the level of protection you need for your vehicle.
Where can I find companies with the cheapest auto insurance rates for my area?
To find companies with the cheapest auto insurance rates in your specific area, you can use online resources and comparison tools. Enter your ZIP code on a reliable insurance comparison website, and it will generate a list of companies offering coverage in your location. By comparing quotes from multiple insurers, you can identify the ones with the most affordable rates for your Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class. It’s important to note that rates can vary based on your location, driving history, and other personal factors, so it’s recommended to obtain quotes from several companies to ensure you’re getting the best rates available.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area