How Much Does 2016 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class Insurance Cost?
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for cheaper insurance coverage rates for your Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class? No car owner likes paying for insurance coverage, especially when they are aware that they could find better prices if they shop around.
Due to the fact that there are so many insurance coverage companies to choose from, it is very difficult to find the lowest cost insurance company.
It is always a good idea to compare premium rates before your policy renews because insurance coverage rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you got the best rate for CLA-Class insurance a couple years back there is a good chance you can find better prices now. Ignore everything you know about insurance coverage because you’re about to find out the things you must know in order to get good coverage at a lower rate.
Choosing the best insurance company for you is easy if you know what you’re doing. Essentially everyone who carries car insurance will be able to lower their premiums. Although drivers must know the methods companies use to price online insurance and use this information to your advantage.
Lower the price of auto insurance with these tips
Lots of things are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious like your driving record, but other criteria are less obvious such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.
- Getting married is a good thing – Walking down the aisle helps lower the price when shopping for auto insurance. Having a spouse translates into being more financially stable and statistics prove married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- lapses raise rates – Having an insurance coverage lapse is a fast way to trigger a rate increase. In addition to paying higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance could earn you a revoked license or a big fine. You may then have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with your state department of motor vehicles.
- High credit scores save money – Having a bad credit history is a large factor in your rate calculation. If your credit score can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your 2016 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class by improving your credit score. Consumers who have excellent credit scores tend to be more responsible than drivers who have poor credit.
- If you don’t need it don’t buy it – There are many optional add-on coverages that may not really be needed when buying auto insurance. Add-on coverages like coverage for rental cars, high-cost glass coverage, and extra life insurance coverage may be costing you every month. These coverages may sound good when buying your policy, but your needs may have changed so think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Compare rates if you bundle your policies – Some insurers will award better rates for people who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, it’s in your best interest to compare other insurance prices to guarantee you are still saving the most.
Free insurance coverage quotes
Performing a rate comparison can be a lot of work if you aren’t aware of the best way to get rate quotes. You can waste a few hours (or days) talking to insurance companies in your area, or you can utilize the internet to quickly compare rates.
Many companies participate in an industry program where insurance shoppers submit one quote, and every company can give them a price for coverage. This system prevents you from having to do quotation requests to each company.
To use this form to compare rates click here to start a free quote.
The only drawback to pricing coverage this way is that you can’t choose which providers to get pricing from. So if you want to select from a list of companies for rate comparison, we have a listing of low cost insurance coverage companies in your area. Click here for list of insurance companies.
Whichever way you use, ensure you’re using apples-to-apples quote information for every company. If your comparisons have different values for each quote you will not be able to make a fair rate comparison. Slightly different coverage limits can mean a large discrepancy in price. Just remember that comparing a large number of companies helps increase your odds of locating a better price. Some companies don’t provide price estimates online, so it’s important to compare rates from them, too.
Auto insurance discounts help lower rates
Companies do not advertise their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we took the time to find both the well known as well as some of the hidden discounts that may be available. If you do not double check each discount possible, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Good Grades Discount – Being a good student may save as much as 25% on a insurance quote. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not a discount per se, but companies like State Farm and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll and complete driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a small discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Distant Student – College-age children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not have a car could get you a discount.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Forcing all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
Remember that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck.
Larger auto insurance companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-policy, homeowner, and good student.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for good student, defensive driver, bundle, anti-theft, and driver training.
- Mercury Insurance has savings for good driver, ease of repair, accident-free, good student, location of vehicle, age of vehicle, and multi-policy.
- GEICO discounts include multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, military active duty, five-year accident-free, seat belt use, and membership and employees.
- AAA may offer discounts for AAA membership discount, good student, anti-theft, multi-car, pay-in-full, education and occupation, and multi-policy.
- State Farm offers discounts including defensive driving training, passive restraint, driver’s education, good student, and multiple policy.
When comparing rates, check with all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies in your area.
Which is the best auto insurance?
When buying coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Each situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. These are some specific questions can help discover whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- When should I drop full coverage on my 2016 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my 2016 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Car insurance policy specifics
Knowing the specifics of car insurance can help you determine the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find typical coverages available from car insurance companies.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as theft, damage from a tornado or hurricane and rock chips in glass. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Liability coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people. This coverage protects you from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 50/100/50 which stand for $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000.
Liability coverage protects against things like loss of income, repair costs for stationary objects, medical expenses, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and court costs. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for expenses for things like rehabilitation expenses, pain medications, funeral costs and ambulance fees. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover both the driver and occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your CLA-Class resulting from a collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims like sustaining damage from a pot hole, driving through your garage door and hitting a parking meter. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This provides protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Do the work, save more money
We just presented many ways to get a better price on 2016 Mercedes-Benz CLA-Class insurance. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced insurance coverage comes from some of the smallest insurance companies. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower rates compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
Cheaper insurance coverage is attainable from both online companies and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies do not provide online quoting and these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent agencies.
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area