Cheapest 2014 Toyota Prius c Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 5, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Finding low-cost insurance for a Toyota Prius c can turn out to be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our insurance buying tips to save time.
There are more efficient ways to find insurance online and we’ll show you the quickest way to compare rates for your Toyota and obtain the best price possible from both online companies and local agents.
Smart consumers take time to shop coverage around quite often because prices change quite often. Just because you found the lowest price for Prius c coverage six months ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because you’re about to find out one of the best ways to find better coverage at a better price.
Finding Auto Insurance Deals
Finding cheaper 2014 Toyota Prius c auto insurance prices is actually quite simple. You just need to spend a few minutes comparing rate quotes provided by online insurance companies. This can be accomplished in several different ways.
One of the simplest ways to get quotes for comparison is to use a rate comparison form (click to open form in new window). This easy form eliminates the need for boring form submissions for each company. One simple form will get you price quotes direct from many companies. This is by far the quickest method.
A different way to compare rate quotes requires you to visit each company website and complete a new quote form. For instance, let’s say you want rates from Allstate, GEICO and American Family. You would have to visit each site to input your insurance information, which is why the first method is more popular. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
Whichever method you choose, make darn sure you compare exactly the same coverage limits with every price quote. If you have unequal deductibles or liability limits it will be next to impossible to determine the best price for your Toyota Prius c.
Save money by taking advantage of these ten discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there could be available discounts to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about before being credited. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can pay as much as 50% less for Prius c coverage than their less cautious counterparts.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house can help you save on auto insurance because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same company you may earn at least 10% off all policies.
- One Accident Forgiven – Certain companies will forgive one accident before your rates go up so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with lower rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Resident Student – Youth drivers who are attending college and do not have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to take driver’s ed class in school.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Organization Discounts – Being a member of a qualifying organization may earn a discount on auto insurance for Prius c coverage.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way. Any amount of discount will help reduce the amount you have to pay.
A partial list of companies who might offer these benefits may include but are not limited to:
- American Family
- Farm Bureau
- State Farm
- The Hartford
Double check with each insurance company which discounts they offer. Discounts may not be available in your area.
When should I use an insurance agent?
When choosing the best auto insurance coverage, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if your situation may require specific advice.
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in my state?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my 2014 Toyota Prius c?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
The coverage is in the details
Learning about specific coverages of your policy helps when choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Toyota Prius c.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
Liability coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people in an accident. It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 100/300/100 that translate to a limit of $100,000 per injured person, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for things such as funeral expenses, pain and suffering, bail bonds and loss of income. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
This coverage pays for damage to your Prius c resulting from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims such as backing into a parked car, colliding with a tree, scraping a guard rail and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
This coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as damage from flooding, a broken windshield and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The most your car insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses for funeral costs, rehabilitation expenses, prosthetic devices and chiropractic care. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Save your cold hard cash
Drivers leave their current company for any number of reasons including denial of a claim, unfair underwriting practices, questionable increases in premium and policy non-renewal. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
Cost effective 2014 Toyota Prius c insurance can be bought both online in addition to many insurance agents, so compare prices from both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who do not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of information how to reduce insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may be surprised to find that the lowest rates come from a smaller regional carrier.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
What factors contribute to the cost of insurance for a 2014 Toyota Prius c?
Several factors affect the cost of insurance for a 2014 Toyota Prius c. Some of the primary factors include the driver’s age, driving history, location, coverage options selected, deductibles, and the overall insurance market conditions.
Is the 2014 Toyota Prius c generally considered an affordable car to insure?
Yes, the 2014 Toyota Prius c is generally considered an affordable car to insure. It falls into the compact car category, which tends to have lower insurance rates compared to larger or luxury vehicles. Additionally, the Toyota Prius c is known for its fuel efficiency and safety features, which can further contribute to lower insurance premiums.
Are there any specific features or factors that make the 2014 Toyota Prius c insurance cheaper?
Yes, there are several features of the 2014 Toyota Prius c that can contribute to cheaper insurance rates. These include its fuel efficiency, which can result in lower overall mileage and potentially fewer accident risks. Additionally, the Prius c is equipped with safety features such as stability control, anti-lock brakes, and airbags, which can help lower the risk of accidents and potentially reduce insurance costs.
How can I find the cheapest insurance rates for a 2014 Toyota Prius c?
To find the cheapest insurance rates for a 2014 Toyota Prius c, you can follow these steps:
- Shop around: Obtain quotes from multiple insurance companies to compare rates and coverage options.
- Maintain a clean driving record: Avoid accidents and traffic violations, as a clean driving record can help lower insurance premiums.
- Increase deductibles: Consider raising your deductible amount, as a higher deductible often leads to lower premiums. However, make sure you can afford the deductible in case of a claim.
- Bundle policies: Inquire with your insurance provider about bundling your car insurance policy with other insurance policies, such as homeowner’s insurance, as this can often result in discounts.
- Inquire about discounts: Ask insurance companies about any available discounts that you may qualify for, such as multi-car discounts, safe driver discounts, or discounts for safety features in the vehicle.
Are there any specific insurance companies known for offering affordable rates for a 2014 Toyota Prius c?
Insurance rates can vary depending on several factors, including location and individual circumstances. While specific insurance companies may offer competitive rates for a 2014 Toyota Prius c, it is recommended to compare quotes from multiple insurance providers to find the best rates and coverage for your specific needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area