Cheapest 2014 Volkswagen Passat Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Feb 22, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Most folks can’t think of a single person who likes paying for insurance, particularly when the cost is too high.
Drivers have multiple insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and although it’s a good thing to have a selection, so many choices can make it hard to compare rates. If you don’t know where to start, how can you save on the cost of 2014 Volkswagen Passat insurance?
Compare Insurance Coverage Today
There are several ways to get quotes from local insurance coverage companies. One of the best ways to find the cheapest 2014 Volkswagen Passat insurance rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online. This can be done in a couple of different ways.
- One of the simplest ways to find the lowest comparison rates is an all-inclusive rate comparison click here to open the form in a new window. This form keeps you from doing boring form submissions to each individual insurance coverage company. One simple form gets rate comparisons from several companies.
- Another way to find lower rates is to spend the time visiting the website of each company to complete their respective quote request forms.
- The hardest method to compare rates is to drive around to insurance agents’ offices. Buying insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you have a need for the personal advice of a licensed agent. Drivers can comparison shop online and get advice from an agent in your area and we’ll touch on that later.
Whichever method you choose, double-check that you are using the exact same coverage limits with every price quote. If each company quotes different deductibles it will be next to impossible to truly determine the lowest rate. Just a small difference in insurance coverages can result in a big premium difference. Keep in mind that more quotes help locate a lower rate.
Lower Rates By Qualifying For Discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always publicize every available discount very clearly, so we researched both the well-known and also lesser-known ways to save on auto insurance.
- Bundle and Save – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Memberships – Participating in certain professional organizations may earn a discount when buying auto insurance on Passat insurance.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
- Student in College – Any of your kids who live away from home and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching prior to their current policy’s expiration. This can mean you save 10% or more.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big markdowns will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Car Insurance is Unique Just Like You
When buying coverage, there really is not a cookie-cutter policy. Every situation is different so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- When should I drop full coverage on my 2014 Volkswagen Passat?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent.
Coverages for a 2014 Volkswagen Passat
Knowing the specifics of your policy aids in choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you’ll find typical coverages found on most insurance policies.
Medical Payment and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for bills for surgery, X-ray expenses, hospital visits, EMT expenses, and chiropractic care. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Liability – Liability coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property that is your fault. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident, and property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for claims like emergency aid, court costs, and legal defense fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – This protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Comprehensive – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as rock chips in glass, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and hitting a bird. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision – Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or another vehicle. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers things like driving through your garage door, sustaining damage from a pothole, and scraping a guard rail. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. You can also increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Whether an Online Purchase Or Local, The Savings Are There
We’ve delved into discounts, coverage options, and other details on how to save on your auto insurance for your 2014 Volkswagon Passat. Reaching out to an agent, researching companies online, and having a thorough understanding of what factors determine the rate you pay for coverage will all help you on your quest to find savings.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area