Nissan Nissan Pathfinder Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 27, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want the cheapest auto insurance rates for your Nissan Pathfinder? Sick and tired of scraping the payment together to make your auto insurance payment? Your situation is no different than the majority of other vehicle owners.
Companies like GEICO and Progressive constantly bombard you with advertising and consumers find it hard to see through the deception and find the best price available.
If you have car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to cut down costs considerably using this strategy. Choosing the best insurance company for you is quite easy. But vehicle owners do need to know how big insurance companies determine prices and use this information to their advantage.
The Nissan Pathfinder Insurance Premium Equation
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing the factors that are used to determine the rates you pay for car insurance. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that can help you get lower premium levels.
- Traffic violations inflate rates – Drivers who don’t get tickets pay less for auto insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Only having one chargeable violation can boost insurance rates by 40% or more. People who have flagrant violations like DUI or willful reckless driving may face state-mandated requirements to file an SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to keep their license.
- Married drivers get cheaper rates – Getting married actually saves money compared to being single. Marriage translates into being more mature and insurance companies like those drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Eliminate add-on coverages – There are a ton of optional add-on coverages that can waste your money on your Pathfinder policy. Coverages like vanishing deductibles, towing coverage, and membership fees are some examples. They may sound like good ideas when buying your policy, but if you don’t need them, you may want to eliminate some of them to save money.
- Drivers with good credit save on car insurance – Credit rating is a big factor in determining premium rates. Therefore, if your credit history leaves room for improvement, you could be paying less to insure your 2017 Nissan Pathfinder by spending a little time repairing your credit. Drivers who have excellent credit tend to be better risks to insure than drivers with lower credit ratings.
- Combine policies and save money – Lots of car insurance companies provide discounts to policyholders that have more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even if you qualify for this discount already, you may still want to compare other insurance prices to guarantee you are still saving the most. Drivers may still save money by buying car insurance from a different company.
- City dwellers may pay more – Living in a small town can save you money when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers on the road mean fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate. City drivers have to deal with congested traffic and much longer commute distances. More time commuting statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
- Does your job cost you more? – Did you know your car insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Careers like military generals, business owners, and emergency personnel generally pay higher average rates in part from intense work-related stress and long work hours. Other jobs like professors, athletes, and performers generally pay rates lower than average on Pathfinder insurance coverage.
- Driver age impacts prices – Teenage drivers tend to be easily distracted by other occupants in the car and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher. Mature drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, file fewer claims, and usually have better credit.
When shopping for insurance there are multiple ways of comparing price quotes from companies that offer insurance in your state. The best way to compare rates is to use the internet to compare rates. It’s really quite simple and can be done in a couple of minutes as outlined below.
- The recommended way to find the lowest comparison rates is an all-inclusive rate comparison click here to open the form in a new window. This easy form eliminates the need for a different quote for each price estimate. Filling out one form will get you rate comparisons from many national carriers.
- A different way to find more affordable insurance requires a trip to the website for each individual company and repeating the quote process again and again. For sake of this example, let’s assume you are doing a rate comparison from Progressive, Esurance, and Allstate. In order to get each rate, you would have to take the time to go to each site and repeatedly type in your coverage information, and that explains why we recommend the first method. For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
- The most difficult way to get rate quotes is going to different agent offices. The fact that you can get quotes online makes this process obsolete unless you have a need for the extra assistance of a local agency. Although, it is a possible price shop your coverage online and still use a local agent.
How you compare quotes is your choice, just make sure you use the exact same coverage limits and deductibles for every quote you compare. If you have different deductibles it will be impossible to make an equal comparison. Even a minor difference in insurance coverages or limits may result in large price differences. Just remember that comparing more rates from different companies helps locate a lower rate than you’re paying now. Not every company allows you to get quotes online, so it’s important to compare quotes from them, too.
Find Hidden Discounts On Insurance
Companies offering auto insurance don’t necessarily list the entire discount list very clearly, so the next list breaks down some of the more common and the more hidden discounts that may be available. If you do not double-check each discount you deserve, you may be paying too high a price.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning your own home or condo can save you money because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- College Student – College-age children who live away from home at college and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with airbags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts as much as 30%.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few insurance companies offer discounts for signing up prior to your when current policy expires. It could save around 10% when you buy auto insurance online.
- Buy Now and Save – Putting coverage on a new car may earn a small discount since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but certain companies permit an accident before raising your premiums with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to monitor their driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive may get a rate reduction if they are good drivers.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower premium rates.
Just know that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way.
A few popular companies and a selection of discounts are:
- Progressive includes discounts for continuous coverage, homeowner, online quote discount, online signing, and good student.
- SAFECO has savings for multi-car, safe driver, drive less, teen safe driver, anti-theft, and teen safety rewards.
- American Family offers premium reductions for early bird, multi-vehicle, mySafetyValet, bundled insurance, airbags, and good student.
- MetLife may offer discounts for being accident-free, multi-policy, claim-free, good driver, defensive driver, and a good student discount.
- GEICO may include discounts for membership and employees, anti-theft, daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, multi-policy, and a good student.
- The Hartford offers discounts for airbags, vehicle fuel type, driver training, good student, defensive driver, and anti-theft.
Before buying, ask all the companies which discounts they offer. Some discounts may not be available in your area. To find providers that offer some of these discounts, follow this link.
Tailor Your Car Insurance Coverage To You
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and a cookie-cutter policy won’t apply. Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- Is my Nissan Pathfinder covered if I use it for business?
- Is motor club coverage worth it?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier.
Specific Coverage Details
Having a good grasp of insurance can be of help when determining the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are the normal coverages offered by insurance companies.
This protects you from damage that occurs to other people or property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 100/300/100 which means you have a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability can pay for things such as loss of income, structural damage, and medical expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
Medical Payments and Personal Injury Protection
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for short-term medical expenses such as doctor visits, funeral costs, and EMT expenses. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. They cover you and your occupants in addition to if you are hit a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision insurance covers damage to your Pathfinder from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims like colliding with another moving vehicle, damaging your car on a curb, colliding with a tree, rolling your car, and backing into a parked car. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your 2017 Nissan Pathfinder.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
This coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism, and other events. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as rock chips in glass, falling objects, hitting a bird, vandalism, and fire damage. The maximum payout your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Buy Online Or Local, You Save
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of techniques to save on 2017 Nissan Pathfinder insurance. The key concept to understand is the more you quote auto insurance, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies. Regional companies may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
Cheaper insurance coverage can be purchased both online and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance coverage companies do not offer online price quotes and many times these smaller providers sell through local independent agencies.
For more information, consider these resources:
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area