Cheapest 2015 BMW 5 Series Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 5, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for better auto insurance rates for your BMW 5 Series? Overpriced BMW 5 Series insurance can overdraw your checking account and put the squeeze on your family’s finances. Doing a price comparison is a great way to slash your bill and have more diposable income.
Multiple insurers compete for your insurance dollar, so it can be very hard to choose a provider to discover the definitive best rates possible.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you should be able to lower your premiums substantially using these tips. Buying car insurance is quite easy. But consumers do need to know the way insurance companies market on the web.
Save on BMW 5 Series insurance
Car insurance companies don’t always publicize every discount very well, so the following is a list of both the well known and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new car can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
- Payment Method – If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total premium.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Good Student Discount – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Military Rewards – Having a family member in the military could mean lower rates.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of more than 20%.
- Early Signing – A few companies offer discounts for switching to them before your current policy expires. This can save 10% or more.
A little note about advertised discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck.
A partial list of companies that may offer these benefits include:
It’s a good idea to ask each company which discounts they offer. Savings might not apply in your state.
Compare Quotes for Insurance Coverage
All the larger insurance coverage companies allow you to get price estimates directly from their websites. Obtaining pricing is quite simple as you just enter the amount of coverage you want into a form. When complete, their rating system will obtain information on your driving record and credit history and gives you a price quote based on these factors. Online quotes makes it a lot easier to compare rates but the work required to visit several different sites and enter the same data into a form is monotonous and tiresome. But it is imperative to get many rate quotes if you want to find the best price possible.
There is an easier way!
An easier way to locate the lowest prices uses one simple form that analyzes rates from many companies. It saves time, requires much less work on your part, and makes online shopping a little more enjoyable. Immediately after you send the form, your coverage is rated and you are able to buy your choice of the pricing results. If you find a better price you simply finish the application and purchase coverage. The entire process just takes a couple of minutes and can result in significant savings.
To save time and compare rates using this form now, click here to open in new window and enter your information. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you enter deductibles and limits exactly as they are listed on your policy. Doing this assures you will have a price comparison based on identical coverages.
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. These are some specific questions can help discover whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Specific coverage details
Knowing the specifics of your policy can be of help when determining the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Insurance terms can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. These are typical coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Coverage for medical payments – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for short-term medical expenses for EMT expenses, chiropractic care, dental work, rehabilitation expenses and pain medications. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – This gives you protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your BMW 5 Series.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Liability coverages – Liability insurance provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property in an accident. It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 50/100/50 which means a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000.
Liability can pay for claims such as legal defense fees, emergency aid and bail bonds. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Comprehensive coverages – This pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like falling objects, fire damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from getting keyed and vandalism. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Collision coverage – This coverage pays for damage to your 5 Series from colliding with another car or object. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things such as scraping a guard rail, crashing into a ditch, rolling your car and hitting a parking meter. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
More choices the merrier
We just showed you a lot of ways to shop for 2015 BMW 5 Series insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Drivers may discover the lowest rates come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Regional companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
When shopping online for insurance coverage, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
Lower-priced insurance is attainable on the web and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
Additional detailed information can be found at these sites:
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I save on BMW 5 Series insurance?
Take advantage of available discounts from insurance companies. Consider factors such as your driving record and credit history when obtaining quotes. Use an online form that analyzes rates from multiple companies to find the best price.
What are some discounts that may be available for BMW 5 Series insurance?
It’s a good idea to ask each company about the discounts they offer, as they may vary. Some common discounts include:
- Safe driver discounts
- Multiple policy discounts
- Good student discounts
- Anti-theft device discounts
How can I compare insurance quotes?
You can visit individual insurance company websites to obtain quotes, but this can be time-consuming. Alternatively, you can use an online form that analyzes rates from many companies and provides you with multiple quotes to compare. This saves time and effort.
How do I tailor my coverage to my needs?
Consider your specific insurance needs and ask yourself relevant questions to determine the right coverage for you. If you’re unsure, it may be helpful to consult with a licensed insurance agent who can provide personalized advice.
What are some typical coverages found in an insurance policy?
- Medical payments coverage: Pays for short-term medical expenses resulting from an accident.
- Uninsured and underinsured coverage: Provides protection when other motorists don’t have enough liability coverage.
- Liability coverage: Protects against injuries or damage caused to others in an accident.
- Comprehensive coverage: Pays for damage not covered by collision coverage, such as fire damage or vandalism.
- Collision coverage: Pays for damage to your vehicle from colliding with another car or object.
How can I find the best insurance rates?
Shop around and obtain quotes from multiple insurance companies. Consider both national and regional insurance providers, as regional companies may offer competitive rates. Avoid reducing coverage to reduce premiums, as it may cost you more in the long run.
Where can I find more information about auto insurance?
You can visit our website, which serves as a free online resource for auto insurance information. We strive to be an objective, third-party resource for all things auto insurance related. Our site is regularly updated, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area