Cheapest 2015 Dodge Durango Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 5, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Are you a victim of an underperforming, overpriced car insurance policy? Trust us when we tell you there are lots of people in the same boat. Big companies like State Farm and GEICO increase brand awareness with TV and radio ads and it is difficult to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
It’s smart to compare rates occasionally due to the fact that insurance rates are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you got the best rates on Durango insurance a couple years back you will most likely find a better rate today. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the only way to find great coverage at a great price.
Comparison of Insurance
Cutting your insurance rates is not rocket science. You just need to spend a little time to compare rate quotes provided by online insurance companies. This is very easy and can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The easiest and least time consuming way to get the best comparison quotes is a comparison rater form click to view form in new window. This method keeps you from doing boring form submissions for each company you want a rate for. Taking the time to complete one form will get you price quotes from multiple low-cost companies.
- A more time consuming way to find lower rates requires a visit to each company website and complete a new quote form. For example, let’s say you want to compare rates from Allstate, Farmers and Liberty Mutual. To get each rate you have to visit each site and enter your information, which is why the first method is quicker.For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
- The most time-consuming way to get comparison rates is to waste gas driving to different agent offices. Buying insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you have a need for the personal advice of a licensed agent. However, consumers can get prices online and still use a local agent and we’ll cover that in a bit.
Whichever way you use, compare apples-to-apples quote information for each comparison quote. If you use unequal deductibles or liability limits it will be impossible to determine the best price for your Dodge Durango.
Verify you’re getting all your discounts
Companies don’t always publicize every discount very clearly, so we break down some of the best known as well as the least known car insurance savings. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you are throwing money away.
- Paperwork-free – A few companies will give a small break for buying your policy digitally online.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- Employee of Federal Government – Employees or retirees of the government can save as much as 8% on Durango insurance with select insurance companies.
- Claim Free – Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Student in College – Children who are attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, you’re out of luck.
To see a list of providers with the best car insurance discounts, click here.
When should I talk to an agent?
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions might point out whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Dodge Durango insurance rates consist of many parts
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that help determine the rates you pay for insurance coverage. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates enables informed choices that can help you get lower insurance coverage prices.
- Rates may be lower depending on your job – Careers like lawyers, social workers and stock brokers tend to have the highest rates due to high stress and long work days. On the other hand, professions such as farmers, students and retirees receive lower rates on Durango insurance.
- How many coverages with the same company – Most insurers will award you with lower prices to policyholders who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s in your best interest to comparison shop to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Small claims can cost you – If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Companies generally give better rates to policyholders who are claim-free. Car insurance is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Your location is important – Residing in a small town is a positive aspect when it comes to insurance coverage. Drivers who live in large cities regularly have more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. Fewer people means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Mature drivers pay less – Mature drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to cause fewer accidents and tend to be better behind the wheel. Teen drivers have a tendency to get distracted easily in a vehicle therefore insurance coverage rates are much higher.
- Drive less and save money – Driving more miles every year the higher your rates will be. Most insurance companies apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles not used for work or commuting can get a lower rate than vehicles that are driven to work every day. An improperly rated Durango can result in significantly higher rates. Ask your agent if your insurance coverage coverage is rated on the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money.
- Do you need the policy add-ons? – There are a lot of add-on coverages that you can buy on your insurance coverage policy. Insurance for personal injury protection, towing coverage and motor club memberships are examples of these. They may seem like a good idea at first, but if you don’t need them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Battle of the sexes – Statistics demonstrate that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes cause accidents at a similar rate, but the males cause more damage. They also receive more costly citations such as DWI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers tend to get in the most accidents and are penalized with high insurance coverage rates.
Educate yourself about insurance coverages
Learning about specific coverages of your insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Listed below are the usual coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Auto liability insurance
Liability insurance provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people in an accident. It protects you from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show limits of 100/300/100 that translate to a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000.
Liability can pay for claims such as loss of income, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, legal defense fees and funeral expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
Auto collision coverage
This will pay to fix damage to your Durango resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers things such as crashing into a ditch, hitting a parking meter, colliding with another moving vehicle and scraping a guard rail. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This protects you and your vehicle when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and damage to your 2015 Dodge Durango.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like vandalism, hitting a deer, hail damage, a broken windshield and theft. The highest amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Insurance for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for expenses for prosthetic devices, funeral costs, dental work, doctor visits and surgery. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
A penny earned…
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price.
In this article, we covered a lot of information how to shop for 2015 Dodge Durango insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the best price on insurance is with a lesser-known regional company. Regional companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
More information can be read at these links:
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find cheap auto insurance rates for a 2015 Dodge Durango in 2023?
To find cheap auto insurance rates for a 2015 Dodge Durango in 2023, you can enter your zip code in the provided tool on this page. It will show you a list of companies that offer cheap auto insurance rates in your area.
What factors should I consider when comparing insurance quotes for my Dodge Durango?
When comparing insurance quotes for your Dodge Durango, it’s important to consider factors such as coverage limits, deductibles, and liability limits. Make sure you’re comparing quotes with the same coverage options to get an accurate comparison.
Are there any discounts available for car insurance?
Yes, many car insurance companies offer discounts that can help you save on your premiums. Some common discounts include safe driver discounts, multi-policy discounts, and good student discounts. It’s important to ask your insurance provider about the available discounts and see if you qualify for any of them.
When should I talk to an insurance agent?
If you’re unsure about your insurance needs or have specific questions, it can be helpful to talk to a licensed insurance agent. They can provide personalized advice and help you determine the best coverage options for your vehicles. You can fill out a short form or check the provided link to find an agent in your area.
What are the different types of coverage options for auto insurance?
Auto insurance typically includes liability insurance, collision coverage, uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance, comprehensive coverage, and medical payments coverage. Each of these coverages serves a different purpose and provides protection for various situations. It’s important to understand these coverages to choose the right options for your needs.
Should I prioritize price over coverage when buying car insurance?
It’s not recommended to prioritize price over coverage when buying car insurance. While it’s important to find affordable rates, it’s equally important to ensure that you have adequate coverage. Cutting corners on coverage to save money could leave you vulnerable to financial risks in case of an accident. It’s essential to find a balance between price and coverage.
How often should I compare auto insurance rates?
It’s a good idea to compare auto insurance rates periodically, as insurance rates can vary and change over time. Even if you found the best rates a few years ago, you may be able to find a better rate now. By comparing quotes from different insurance companies, you increase your chances of finding great coverage at a competitive price.
Can regional insurance companies provide lower rates than big-name companies?
Yes, regional insurance companies often provide lower rates in certain areas compared to big-name companies. It’s worth considering regional companies in your comparison shopping, as they may offer competitive prices and tailored coverage options for your specific location.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area