Cheapest 2015 Scion FR-S Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 5, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Tired of being strong-armed to buy car insurance? You are in the same boat as most other car owners. Multiple insurers compete to insure your vehicles, so it’s not easy to compare every insurance company to get the lowest rate
Quick Car Insurance Quotes
There are multiple methods to shop for 2015 Scion FR-S car insurance, but there is one way that is more efficient than others. You could spend the better part of a day talking about coverages with agents in your area, or you could use online quotes to accomplish the same thing much quicker.
Most major companies participate in a marketplace that allows shoppers to complete one form, and each participating company then gives them pricing based on the submitted data. This prevents consumers from doing quotation requests for every car insurance company. To find out what other companies charge for 2015 Scion FR-S insurance click to open in new window.
One minor caviat to doing it this way is you are unable to specify which companies you will receive quotes from. If you prefer to choose from a list of companies to compare prices, we put together a list of low cost car insurance companies in your area. View list of insurance companies.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just ensure you are comparing the exact same coverages and limits for each comparison quote. If you have unequal deductibles or liability limits you can’t possibly make a fair comparison for your Scion FR-S.
The fine print in insurance coverage ads
Consumers can’t ignore all the ads for the lowest price auto insurance from companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. All the companies say the same thing about savings if you switch your policy.
How do they all make the same claim?
Insurance companies can use profiling for the right customer they prefer to insure. For instance, a desirable insured might be profiled as a mature driver, is a homeowner, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. Any driver who matches those parameters will get very good rates and most likely will save when they switch companies.
Potential insureds who fall outside the “perfect” profile will be quoted higher rates which usually ends up with business not being written. The ads state “drivers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much money. That’s why insurance companies can confidently claim big savings. This emphasizes why drivers should get a wide range of price quotes. It’s not possible to predict which insurance coverage company will provide you with the cheapest Scion FR-S insurance rates.
What determines your Scion FR-S insurance premium
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that play a part in calculating insurance rates. Understanding what determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to big savings.
Shown below are a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate prices.
- Having a spouse can save you money – Having a spouse actually saves money when buying insurance. Marriage means you’re more mature than a single person and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Where you live is a factor – Living in a rural area has it’s advantages when it comes to insurance. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Urban drivers have to deal with congested traffic and a longer drive to work. More time on the road translates into higher accident risk.
- Frequent insurance claims increase rates – If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on higher rates. Auto insurance companies provide cheaper rates to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Insurance coverage is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- How credit affects insurance rates – Credit history is a important factor in determining what you pay for insurance. Therefore, if your credit history is not that good, you could save money insuring your 2015 Scion FR-S by improving your credit score. People with high credit scores tend to be more responsible than drivers with lower credit scores.
- Allowing your policy to lapse raises rates – Driving your car without having proper coverage is against the law and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage lapse. Not only will you pay more, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in a revoked license or a big fine.
- Where do you drive? – Driving more miles in a year’s time the more you will pay for insurance. Most insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks left parked in the garage qualify for better rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. If your policy improperly rates your FR-S can result in significantly higher rates. Make sure your insurance coverage is rated on the proper vehicle usage.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – Many insurance companies will give a discount to insureds who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. If you currently are using one company, it’s in your best interest to compare rates to ensure the best deal.
- Do you work long hours in a high stress job? – Jobs such as real estate brokers, social workers and financial analysts tend to pay higher average rates in part from job stress and long work hours. Conversely, occupations like pilots, engineers and retirees have the lowest average rates for FR-S insurance.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Do you qualify for a discount?
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list both well-publicized and also the lesser-known auto insurance savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Scion could qualify for better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Save over 55 – Mature drivers may receive reduced rates for FR-S insurance.
- Federal Government Employee – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% for FR-S insurance depending on your company.
- Driver’s Ed – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully complete driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- E-sign – Certain companies will give a small break for buying your policy on their website.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new car can save up to 30% because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates for FR-S insurance than their less cautious counterparts.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring multiple cars or trucks on the same auto insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less compared to frequent claim filers.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
Insurance companies who might offer these money-saving discounts are:
It’s a good idea to ask all companies you are considering how you can save money. Some discounts may not be available in your state.
What coverages do I need?
When buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is a little different so your insurance needs to address that. These are some specific questions may help highlight if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in my state?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Car insurance 101
Understanding the coverages of a insurance policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are the normal coverages offered by insurance companies.
Liability car insurance – This protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 100/300/100 which means a limit of $100,000 per injured person, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for claims such as court costs, emergency aid, funeral expenses, repair costs for stationary objects and attorney fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your 2015 Scion FR-S.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Comprehensive coverages – Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as falling objects, damage from getting keyed and hitting a deer. The maximum amount your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision coverage – This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for claims like damaging your car on a curb, sustaining damage from a pot hole, crashing into a ditch and crashing into a building. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Coverage for medical payments – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for bills such as pain medications, funeral costs, nursing services, dental work and surgery. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Save for a rainy day
We just covered a lot of techniques to reduce 2015 Scion FR-S insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from the smaller companies. Regional companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Low-cost insurance can be sourced both online as well as from independent agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some car insurance companies don’t offer you the ability to get quotes online and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
For more information, link through to the resources below:
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest auto insurance rates for a 2015 Scion FR-S in 2023?
To find the cheapest auto insurance rates for a 2015 Scion FR-S, you can use online quote tools that allow you to submit your information once and receive pricing from multiple insurance companies. This saves time compared to contacting agents individually. Additionally, you can check a list of low-cost car insurance companies in your area for comparison.
Why do insurance companies claim to offer the lowest prices?
Insurance companies can claim to offer the lowest prices because they use profiling to target desirable customers who fit specific criteria, such as mature drivers, homeowners, or those who drive less. These customers are more likely to receive favorable rates and save money when switching insurance providers. It’s essential to get quotes from multiple companies to find the one that offers the cheapest rates for your specific situation.
What factors determine my Scion FR-S insurance premium?
Several factors are used to calculate insurance rates, including your driving record, age, location, type of vehicle (such as a 2015 Scion FR-S), coverage options, deductibles, and liability limits. It’s important to understand these factors as they can affect your insurance premium.
What discounts are available for auto insurance?
Auto insurance companies offer various discounts that can help you save money. Some well-known discounts include safe driver discounts, good student discounts, multi-policy discounts (when you have multiple insurance policies with the same company), and anti-theft device discounts. However, not all discounts apply to every policy, so it’s best to ask insurance companies about the available discounts and which ones you qualify for.
What coverages do I need for my Scion FR-S?
The specific coverages you need for your Scion FR-S depend on your individual circumstances. However, there are some essential coverages to consider, such as liability insurance (which protects you from injuries or damage caused to others), uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage (protection when other drivers don’t have sufficient liability coverage), comprehensive coverage (covers damage from events other than collision), collision coverage (pays for vehicle damage from collisions), and medical payments coverage (reimburses medical expenses). It’s advisable to consult with a licensed agent to determine the coverages that best suit your needs.
How can I save on auto insurance?
To save on auto insurance, you can compare quotes from multiple insurance companies, take advantage of available discounts, consider raising deductibles (if financially feasible), and maintain a good driving record. It’s also a good idea to review your coverage regularly to ensure you have the right amount of protection for your needs.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area