View 2016 Scion FR-S Car Insurance Cost
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want cheaper insurance coverage rates for your Scion FR-S? No one likes paying for insurance coverage, particularly when their premiums are too high.
With so many options, it can be hard to choose the right insurer.
Consumers should take time to check insurance coverage prices at least once a year since insurance rates change regularly. Just because you had the lowest price on FR-S insurance two years ago other companies may now be cheaper. You can find a lot of wrong information about insurance coverage on the web, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some great ideas on how to put money back in your pocket.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of both well-publicized and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more.
- Government Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify you for a discount on FR-S insurance with select insurance companies.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers may receive better insurance coverage rates on FR-S insurance.
- Early Switch Discount – A few companies offer discounts for signing up before your current expiration date. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- New Car Discount – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- No Accidents – Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts as compared to frequent claim filers.
- Accident Waiver – A handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Seat Belts Save – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could save 15% off your medical payments premium.
- Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Scion can earn better rates on cars that stay parked.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Car insurance companies that may offer some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
Before buying, ask every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts may not be available in every state.
How to Get Cheap Insurance
There are multiple methods you can shop for 2016 Scion FR-S insurance but one way is less labor-intensive and much quicker. You can waste a lot of time discussing policy coverages with local insurance agents in your area, or you could use online quoting to maximize your effort.
Most major companies belong to an insurance system where prospective buyers send in one quote, and every company returns a rated price. This system prevents you from having to do quote requests to each company.
To compare 2016 Scion FR-S rates using this form now click here (opens in new window).
The only downside to doing it this way is you cannot specify which providers to get quotes from. So if you want to choose individual companies to compare rates, we have a listing of low cost insurance companies in your area. Click to view list.
Whichever way you use, ensure you are comparing identical coverage information with each company. If you have different liability limits it’s not possible to determine the best price for your Scion FR-S. Just a small difference in coverage limits can make a big difference in price. And when quoting insurance, remember that quoting more will increase your chances of finding better pricing.
Factors that can influence Scion FR-S insurance rates
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for insurance. Knowing what determines base rates enables informed choices that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
The list below includes some of the items insurance companies consider when setting prices.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention devices like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can thwart car theft.
- Do you have a high stress job? – Careers like real estate brokers, social workers and stock brokers tend to have the highest rates attributed to stressful work requirements and lengthy work days. On the other hand, professions such as pilots, students and the unemployed receive lower rates on FR-S insurance.
- Pay less after the wedding – Having a spouse can actually save you money on your policy. Marriage usually means you are more mature and responsible it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Better crash test results mean better rates – Safer cars can get you lower premiums. The safest vehicles reduce injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates into savings for insurance companies passed on to you as lower rates. If the Scion FR-S has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you are probably receiving a discount.
- Don’t get talked into coverage you don’t need – There are many extra bells and whistles you can purchase if you aren’t careful. Coverages like personal injury protection, better glass coverage and motor club memberships are some examples. They may seem like a good idea when you first buy your policy, but if you don’t need them get rid of them and save.
- Do men or women drive better? – The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn’t mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes are in accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. Men also tend to get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – Most insurance companies provide better rates to customers who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s in your best interest to compare other company rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. You may still be able to find a better deal by buying insurance from more than one company.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Car insurance is unique, just like you
When buying proper insurance coverage, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Every insured’s situation is different and your policy should reflect that. For instance, these questions could help you determine whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in my state?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Insurance coverages and their meanings
Learning about specific coverages of a insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are the usual coverages available from insurance companies.
Comprehensive insurance – Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from getting keyed and hitting a deer. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses such as pain medications, surgery, dental work, hospital visits and rehabilitation expenses. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers you and your occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Liability – This coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property by causing an accident. It protects you from claims by other people. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see values of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as loss of income, medical expenses, structural damage, emergency aid and pain and suffering. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as much as you can afford.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – This coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your Scion FR-S.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Collision coverage – Collision insurance covers damage to your FR-S resulting from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against things like crashing into a ditch, sustaining damage from a pot hole, hitting a mailbox and crashing into a building. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
We’ve covered a lot of techniques to compare 2016 Scion FR-S insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Drivers may discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced collision coverage only to find out that they should have had better coverage. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area