How Much Does 2013 Scion FR-S Insurance Cost?
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 18, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for better Scion FR-S insurance costs doesn’t have to be difficult.
Having to pay for overpriced Scion FR-S insurance can empty your savings account and make it impossible to make ends meet. Comparing price quotes is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to lower your insurance cost for a Scion FR-S.
Drivers have so many insurance companies to choose from, and even though it’s nice to be able to choose, too many choices make it more difficult to find cheap car insurance rates for your Scion.
Buying car insurance is not that difficult. If you have insurance now or need a new policy, you can use these tips to find better prices and still get good coverage. Vehicle owners only need an understanding of the proper way to get comparison rates online.
Scion FR-S Car Insurance Coverage Options
Learning about specific coverages of your car insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need and the proper limits and deductibles. Car insurance terms can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. These are the usual coverages available from car insurance companies.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage
This protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or do not have enough. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your 2013 Scion FR-S.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Liability insurance will cover damage that occurs to a person or their property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see limits of 50/100/50 which means $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage of $50,000.
Liability can pay for things like pain and suffering, repair costs for stationary objects, court costs, and medical expenses. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
This pays for damage to your FR-S caused by a collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against things like damaging your car on a curb, sideswiping another vehicle, and driving through your garage door. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from lower-value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Coverage for Medical Expenses
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for bills such as chiropractic care, nursing services, prosthetic devices, dental work, and hospital visits.
The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers you and your occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like theft, hail damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and damage from flooding. The maximum amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
How much auto insurance coverage do you need?
When it comes to buying coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Every driver’s situation is different and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions that can help discover whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Is my 2013 Scion FR-S covered for flood damage?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed agent.
Factors That Influence Scion FR-S Insurance Rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. Understanding what influences your rates enables informed choices that could result in better auto insurance rates.
- Lower rates come with age – Teenage drivers have a tendency to be less responsible behind the wheel so auto insurance rates are higher. Parents adding a teen driver to your policy can be quite pricey. Older drivers tend to be more responsible, file fewer claims and receive fewer citations.
- Better crash test results mean better rates – Vehicles with high crash test scores get lower rates. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer injuries translate into savings for insurance companies and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Scion has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may be receiving lower rates.
- Rate your vehicle for proper use – The higher the mileage driven in a year’s time the more you will pay for auto insurance. Almost all companies charge to insure your cars based on how the vehicle is used. Vehicles not used for work or commuting get more affordable rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. An improperly rated FR-S may be wasting your money. Ask your agent if your auto insurance declarations sheet properly reflects the correct usage for each vehicle.
- Being married is a good thing – Having a wife or husband can actually save you money on your policy. It translates into being more responsible and it’s proven that being married results in fewer claims.
- Where you live – Residing in a rural area is a positive aspect when insuring your vehicles. Drivers who live in large cities have to deal with more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. A lower population means a lower chance of having an accident as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Careful drivers pay lower rates – Your driving citation history impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Just one citation can increase rates forty percent or more. Drivers who have severe citations like DWI, reckless driving, or hit and run convictions may need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) to the state department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Never let your coverage lapse – Letting your insurance expire will be a fast way to pay more for auto insurance. And not only will your rates increase, but failure to provide proof of insurance may also earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You may have to submit proof of financial responsibility or an SR-22 with your state motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- More claims mean more premium – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance companies award better rates to policyholders who are claim-free. Car insurance is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Affordable Scion FR-S Auto Insurance
Lower-priced 2013 Scion FR-S insurance can be found both online and with local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
When you buy insurance online, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced collision coverage only to regret that it was a big error on their part. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
Available Scion FR-S Auto Insurance Discounts
Auto insurance companies do not list every discount very well, so we break down some of the best known and the harder-to-find ways to save on auto insurance. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks on the same auto insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Senior Citizens – Older drivers may receive a small decrease in premiums for FR-S coverage.
- Auto/Life Discount – Some companies give a discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Accident-Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially when compared with bad drivers.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Scion could be rewarded with a substantially lower rate.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
It’s important to note that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way.
A partial list of companies that may offer these discounts are:
- Auto-Owners Insurance
- American Family
- State Farm
Check with each insurance company how you can save money. Discounts may not apply in your state.
Finding Scion FR-S Insurance Quotes Online
All major insurance companies provide price estimates on their websites. Obtaining pricing is fairly straightforward as you simply enter the coverage amounts you desire as detailed in the form. Once you submit the form, their rating system obtains your credit score and driving record and quotes a price determined by many factors.
Online price quotes help simplify price comparisons, but having to visit each company’s website and repetitively complete many quote forms can get tiresome after a while. But it’s absolutely necessary to compare as many rates as possible in order to find better prices.
Isn’t there an easier way to compare rates?
The preferred way to find cheaper rates uses one simple form that gets prices from several different companies. The form is fast, eliminates form submissions, and makes rate comparisons much simpler. After sending your information, it is quoted and you can select any or none of the resulting price quotes.
If you find a better price you can simply submit the application and purchase coverage. The whole process can be completed in a matter of minutes and you’ll know if lower rates are available.
If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you complete the form with your coverages identical to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will have comparison quotes based on similar coverages.
Car Insurance Company Advertising Tactics
Consumers can’t get away from ads for car insurance savings from companies such as Allstate and Progressive. They all make the same claim that you’ll save big after switching your policy.
But how can every company claim to save you money? It’s all in the numbers.
All the different companies are able to cherry-pick the type of customer that makes them money. For instance, a preferred risk might be profiled as between the ages of 30 and 50, insures multiple vehicles, and has a short commute.
A prospective client who fits that profile receives the best rates and therefore will save when switching.
Drivers who don’t measure up to the “perfect” profile must pay a higher premium and this can result in the customer not buying. The ad wording is “customers that switch” not “people who quote” save that much.
That’s the way insurance companies can state the savings. This illustrates why you absolutely need to compare as many rates as you can. It’s not possible to predict which insurance companies will give you the biggest savings on Scion FR-S insurance.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area