BMW BMW 4-Series Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 20, 2019
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
If shopping for car insurance quotes online is new to you, you can easily be baffled by the confusing number of insurers all offering big savings.
You need to compare rates periodically since insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. If you had the best deal for 4 Series insurance on your last policy there may be better deals available now. There are lots of tips to save on auto insurance online but we’re going to give you some good information on how to lower your auto insurance premiums.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Insurance coverage is not an enjoyable expense, but you might find some hidden discounts to cut the cost considerably. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of quoting, but occassionally some discounts must be requested specifically before you will receive the discount.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less when compared to bad drivers.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your BMW could qualify for cheaper premium rates.
- Membership in Organizations – Participating in qualifying employment or professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums when getting a car insurance quote.
- Good Driver Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% for 4 Series insurance as compared to drivers with claims.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can combine your home and auto policy with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of up to 20% and get you the cheapest car insurance.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for all your vehicles on the same insurance coverage policy qualifies for this discount.
- Drivers Education – Teen drivers should participate in a local driver’s education class in school.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are less likely to be stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your car insurance quote.
- Homeowners Discount – Simply owning a home can save a few bucks because owning a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Sign Early and Save – Select insurance coverage companies give a discount for buying a new policy before your current policy expires. This discount can save up to 10%.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
A few of the larger companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are:
- Travelers offers premium reductions for IntelliDrive, payment discounts, home ownership, early quote, multi-policy, and student away at school.
- 21st Century offers discounts for student driver, automatic seat belts, driver training, theft prevention, anti-lock brakes, and homeowners.
- State Farm offers discounts including Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, good driver, good student, driver’s education, passive restraint, and accident-free.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including military active duty, multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, membership and employees, emergency military deployment, federal employee, and driver training.
- SAFECO has discounts for teen safety rewards, drive less, safe driver, homeowner, and anti-lock brakes.
- AAA includes discounts for pay-in-full, multi-policy, multi-car, good student, and education and occupation.
Before buying, ask each insurance company how you can save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered in your state. If you would like to see a list of companies that offer the discounts shown above, follow this link.
Informed consumers can reduce their insurance rates
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that go into determining the price you pay for insurance coverage. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find cheaper rates.
- Your credit score is important – Credit score will be a significant factor in your rate calculation. Consumers who have high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with lower ratings. Therefore, if your credit history can be improved, you could potentially save money when insuring your 2016 BMW 4 Series by improving your rating.
- You might want pay the minor insurance coverage claims yourself – Car insurance companies award cheaper rates to people who file claims infrequently. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can definitely plan on much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Insurance coverage is designed for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Pleasure use or commuting – The more miles you rack up on your BMW each year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Most companies calculate rates based on their usage. Vehicles that are left in the garage can get a lower rate than cars that get driven a lot. It’s always a good idea to double check that your insurance coverage policy correctly shows the right rating data. An improperly rated 4 Series may be costing you higher rates.
- Safer the car lower the rate – Safe vehicles tend to have better insurance rates. The safest vehicles reduce injuries and better occupant protection translates directly to fewer claims which can result in lower premiums. If the BMW 4 Series scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may be receiving lower rates.
- Job stress can make you pay more – Careers such as judges, executives and dentists usually pay the highest average rates attributed to high stress and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, careers such as professors, historians and performers have the lowest average rates for 4 Series insurance.
- What are your deductibles? – Insurance for physical damage, also called ‘full coverage’, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some examples of covered claims are a windshield shattered by a rock, damage caused by hail, and rolling your vehicle. The deductibles you choose are the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The more you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive for 4 Series insurance.
- Rates can change based on your address – Choosing to live in smaller towns and rural areas of the country has definite advantages when buying insurance coverage. City drivers have more auto accidents and longer commute times. Lower population means a lower chance of having an accident and lower theft and vandalism rates.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Don’t assume everyone needs the same insurance coverage coverage
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether or not you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- What are the best liability limits?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
Auto insurance coverages
Having a good grasp of your policy helps when choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Medical expense insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for bills like funeral costs, EMT expenses, hospital visits, nursing services and ambulance fees. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This coverage provides protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your BMW 4 Series.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Normally these coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as a broken windshield, hitting a deer, damage from a tornado or hurricane, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and rock chips in glass. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Auto collision coverage
This pays for damage to your 4 Series from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things like backing into a parked car, hitting a mailbox, colliding with another moving vehicle, damaging your car on a curb and sideswiping another vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
This coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to people or other property that is your fault. It protects YOU against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see policy limits of 50/100/50 that means you have $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and property damage coverage for $50,000. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers things like medical services, structural damage and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
In the end, you save
In this article, we covered a lot of techniques to reduce 2016 BMW 4 Series insurance rates online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest car insurance. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates come from a small local company.
More affordable auto insurance is attainable online and with local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. Some companies may not offer rate quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers work with independent agencies.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many instances, an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost.
Even more information is available in the articles below:
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area