Cheapest 2016 Chevrolet Malibu Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 1, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want better car insurance rates for your Chevrolet Malibu? Finding the lowest cost car insurance on the internet can seem to be rather challenging for consumers new to online price comaprisons. With dozens of online companies available, how can drivers even start to compare every one to find the cheapest available price?
You should make it a habit to compare rates quite often since rates are constantly changing. Despite the fact that you may have had the best deal on Malibu coverage six months ago you will most likely find a better rate today. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you’re about to learn the proper way to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money.
Comprehensive Insurance Coverage Comparison
All the larger insurance coverage companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO give price estimates directly from their websites. The process doesn’t take much effort as you simply type in the amount of coverage you want into a form. When the form is submitted, the company’s rating system obtains your credit score and driving record and generates a price.
Quoting online makes it a lot easier to compare rates but having to visit a lot of sites and fill out multiple forms can be a bit tiresome and repetitive. But it is imperative to compare as many rates as possible if you want to find lower prices.
The preferred way to compare insurance coverage pricing is to use a quote form that gets prices from several different companies. This type of form saves time, requires much less work on your part, and makes rate comparisons much more enjoyable. As soon as the form is sent, your coverage is rated and you can select any of the quote results. If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you can click and sign and purchase coverage. It just takes a couple of minutes and may save quite a bit of money.
If you want to find out how much you can save on insurance coverage, click here to open in new window and submit the form. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you replicate the insurance coverages just like they are on your policy. This way, you will receive a price comparison for similar coverage.
Get lower rates on 2016 Chevy Malibu insurance
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list all their discounts very well, so we took the time to find some of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving.
- Life Insurance – Larger companies have lower rates if you buy life insurance from them.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or retired federal employment may qualify you for a discount on Malibu coverage with certain companies.
- Accident Waiver – A handful of insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower rates.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a course in driver safety could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers may save up to 50% more on Malibu coverage than less cautious drivers.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with a qualifying organization may earn a discount on insurance on Malibu coverage.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same insurance company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- New Car Discount – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
It’s important to note that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think you could get a free insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying the best insurance coverage coverage, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions may help highlight whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Are my friends covered when driving my 2016 Chevy Malibu?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
Insurance coverages explained
Understanding the coverages of insurance helps when choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Liability coverage protects you from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 bodily injury coverage, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims like emergency aid, attorney fees, loss of income, court costs and structural damage. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This provides protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Chevy Malibu.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things like backing into a parked car, hitting a mailbox, damaging your car on a curb and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as hitting a deer, hitting a bird and a broken windshield. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical expense insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for short-term medical expenses such as X-ray expenses, funeral costs, doctor visits, pain medications and prosthetic devices. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area