Finding the Best 2016 Ford Escape Insurance Costs
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 27, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Are you confused by the sheer number of car insurance choices? Many other consumers are too. There are so many choices that it can turn into a real challenge to find the perfect company for you.
That’s why we’re here to help. In this review, we’ll cover all the ways that you can cut down on your 2016 Ford Escape insurance costs. Finding cheap car insurance can be easy as long as you have information at your disposal.
What discounts should you be asking about?
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always advertise all their discounts very well, so we break down both well-publicized and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving.
- One Accident Forgiven – A handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven’t had any claims for a certain period of time.
- Sign Online – A few companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up online.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids who are attending college and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% on Escape insurance depending on your company.
- Military Rewards – Having a deployed family member could mean lower rates.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Good Students Pay Less – Getting good grades can be rewarded with savings of up to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
Drivers should understand that most of the big markdowns will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Insurance companies that possibly offer these benefits are:
- State Farm
- 21st Century
- American Family
- The Hartford
Double check with all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Discounts may not be available everywhere.
The quickest method to compare policy rates is to understand that all the major auto insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to provide you with a free rate quote. All you need to do is give the companies some data such as an estimate of your credit level, distance driven, which vehicles you own, and if it has an alarm system. That information is instantly submitted to multiple different insurance companies and you receive quotes instantly.
Factors That Might Impact 2016 Ford Escape Insurance Costs
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that help determine the rates you pay for car insurance. Knowing what determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get big savings.
The following are a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate your rates.
- Always keep insurance in force – Letting your insurance expire is a sure-fire way to trigger a rate increase. Not only will you pay more, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in a revoked license or a big fine.
- Pleasure use or commuting – The higher the mileage driven each year the more you will pay for car insurance. Almost all companies apply a rate based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate than those used for commuting. Having the wrong rating on your Escape may be wasting your money. Double check that your car insurance declarations sheet shows the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money.
- High numbers of claims are not good – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Insurance companies generally give better rates to drivers who file claims infrequently. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
- Extra add-on coverages are wasting money – There are quite a few additional coverages that you can buy when buying car insurance. Things like personal injury protection, towing coverage, and additional equipment coverage may be wasting your money. They may seem like a good idea when talking to your agent, but now you might not need them so remove them from your policy.
Why are auto insurance policies so different?
When buying coverage, there is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- When should I not file a claim?
- What is the minimum liability in my state?
- What if I total my 2016 Ford Escape and owe more than it’s worth?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
What to Expect From Car Insurance Advertisements
State Farm, Allstate and GEICO consistently run ads in print and on television. All the companies have a common claim of big savings if you change your policy. How can each company make almost identical claims?
Different companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of customer that makes them money. A good example of a driver they prefer might be between the ages of 30 and 50, a clean driving record, and has excellent credit. Any new insured who meets those qualifications is entitled to the best price and most likely will save when they switch companies.
Consumers who don’t meet these standards will be charged a higher premium which leads to the customer not buying. Company advertisements say “drivers who switch” not “people who quote” save that much money. That is how insurance companies can confidently state the savings. That is why you absolutely need to get as many comparisons as possible. Because you never know which insurance company will provide you with the cheapest Ford Escape insurance rates.
Coverage Types You May Want to Consider
Understanding the coverages of your policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. Car insurance terms can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Liability Car Insurance
Liability insurance protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see limits of 100/300/100 that means you have $100,000 bodily injury coverage, $300,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000.
Liability insurance covers things such as structural damage, medical services, repair costs for stationary objects, attorney fees and funeral expenses. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but buy as much as you can afford.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist Insurance
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Auto Collision Coverage
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Escape resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims like sustaining damage from a pothole, rolling your car and backing into a parked car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive Coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as damage from getting keyed, hitting a bird, damage from flooding, hail damage and falling objects. The most your car insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Insurance For Medical Payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for short-term medical expenses for things like EMT expenses, pain medications and hospital visits. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and may carry a deductible.
Reducing Your 2016 Ford Escape Insurance Cost: Summary
Low-cost 2016 Ford Escape insurance is definitely available online in addition to many insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who do not provide online price quotes and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
Insureds leave their current company for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, being labeled a high risk driver, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or even lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company can be easier than you think.
We just showed you a lot of techniques to compare insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. You may even discover the lowest rates come from a small local company.
Much more information about auto insurance is located below:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area