Cheapest 2016 Kia Rio Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 20, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Having to pay for overpriced Kia Rio insurance can sap your savings account and possibly require postponing other expenditures. Doing a price comparison is a great way to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket.
Multiple insurers compete to insure your vehicles, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurance companies and uncover the absolute lowest rate.
It’s important to do price comparisons before your policy renews because insurance prices are constantly changing. Just because you found the best deal for Rio insurance a couple years back, doesn’t mean you won’t be able to find a better premium rate today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because you’re about to learn the fastest and easiest way to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
Why should you compare quotes for auto insurance?
To find cheap insurance coverage quotes, there are several ways to get quotes from many different insurance companies. The recommended way to do a complete rate comparison involves getting comparison quotes online. This is very easy and can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
One of the simplest ways to find the lowest comparison rates is to use a rate comparison form. This quick form saves time by eliminating separate quote forms for every company. Completing one form gets you coverage quotes from multiple low-cost companies.
A more difficult way to get comparison quotes is to take the time to go to each company website and request a quote. For an example, let’s say you need rates from State Farm, Progressive and GMAC. You would be required to go to each individual site to enter the same coverage data repeatedly, which is why the first method is quicker.
Want to compare auto insurance companies to find the best rates? Just enter your ZIP code into our free comparison tool to get started.
The least recommended method to get rate quotes is to drive around to all the different insurance agencies. The ability to get quotes online makes this process obsolete unless you prefer the professional guidance that only a licensed agent can provide. Drivers can price shop online but still have the advice of a local agent.
You can choose any of those ways to find more affordable coverage, but try to use apples-to-apples quote data on every price quote you get. If you compare unequal deductibles or liability limits you will not be able to determine the lowest rate for your Kia Rio. Just slight variations in limits may result in large price differences. And when comparison shopping, obtaining a wide range of quotes will enable you to find a lower rate than you’re paying now. Not every company does quotes online, so it’s important to compare prices from them, too.
Should you question auto insurance advertisements?
Big name companies like Allstate and Progressive seem to constantly run ads on television and other media. All the ads advertise the message that you can save just by moving to them. How does each company lower your prices?
Many companies have specific characteristics for the type of customer that will not have excessive claims. For example, a desirable risk might have to be over the age of 50, has a clean driving record, and insures a new vehicle. Any driver that matches those criteria will get a cheap rate quote and will probably save some money.
People who fall short of those standards may be forced to pay higher premiums and the driver buying from a lower-cost company. If you listen to the ad wording, they say “drivers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” will save that kind of money. That’s why insurance companies can make those claims.
This illustrates why you really need to get insurance coverage quotes as often as possible. It is impossible to guess which insurance companies will fit you best based on your risk profile.
What factors are used to determine what you pay for car insurance?
Many things are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, but other criteria are less apparent such as your credit history or your financial responsibility.
- Eliminate unneeded add-on coverages – There are a lot of additional coverages that can waste your money if you don’t pay attention. Add-on coverages like roadside assistance, better glass coverage, and extra life insurance coverage are examples of these. They may seem good when deciding what coverages you need, but now you might not need them so think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Occupation stress can affect rates – Careers like fire fighters, social workers and stock brokers usually pay higher premiums than the average policyholder attributed to high stress and lengthy work days. On the other hand, occupations such as scientists, engineers and retirees have the lowest average rates for Rio insurance.
- Liability protection limits are a factor – Liability insurance kicks in if ever you are responsible for personal injury or accident damage. It will provide legal defense starting from day one. This coverage is relatively inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Vehicle options that cut rates – Choosing to buy a car with an alarm system can earn a premium discount. Theft prevention features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
- Maintain auto insurance coverage – Not maintaining insurance is against the law and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance lapse. And not only will insurance be more expensive, the inability to provide proof of insurance might get you a revoked license or a big fine.
- Raising physical damage deductibles lowers prices – Coverage for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. A few examples of covered claims would be colliding with a building, flood damage, and burglary. The deductibles you choose are the amount of money you are required to pay if the claim is covered. The more money you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance for Rio insurance.
- Credit ratings can impact auto insurance rates – Having a bad credit score will be a significant factor in your rate calculation. Drivers with very good credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with lower credit ratings. If your credit rating can be improved, you may save money insuring your 2016 Kia Rio by improving your rating.
- Battle of the sexes – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women are more cautious behind the wheel. This data doesn’t prove that females are better drivers. Both genders have accidents at about the same rate, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men get cited for more serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI). Youthful male drivers tend to get in the most accidents so it costs more to insure them.
What are some discounts you should ask about?
Insurance can be pricey, but you may be missing some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. A few discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but a few must be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Accident Waiver – This isn’t a discount exactly, but a handful of insurance companies allow you one accident without raising rates so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a vehicle that is new can cost up to 25% less since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Resident Student – College-age children living away from home attending college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Drivers who insure primary and secondary vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
- Organization Discounts – Joining a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break on your next renewal.
We need to note that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Insurance companies that may offer policyholders some of the discounts shown above may include but are not limited to:
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- The Hartford
Check with every prospective company which discounts they offer. Savings may not be available in your area. For a list of providers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts, click here.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor Your Insurance Coverage Coverage to Your Personal Needs
When choosing coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Every insured’s situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions might help in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- What is the ISO rating for a 2016 Kia Rio?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent.
If you need to compare insurance companies, we offer a free online comparison tool that can help you and all it takes is your ZIP code to begin.
What types of coverage should you consider?
Learning about specific coverages of your policy aids in choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are the usual coverages available from car insurance companies.
This coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have liability limits of 50/100/50 which stand for $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and property damage coverage for $50,000. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers things like pain and suffering, emergency aid, funeral expenses, bail bonds and medical expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Rio resulting from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for claims such as crashing into a building, crashing into a ditch, hitting a parking meter and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Med Pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for immediate expenses for funeral costs, pain medications and doctor visits. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, rock chips in glass and falling objects. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Kia Rio.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
How to Save On Your Kia Rio Car Insurance: Summary
Low-cost 2016 Kia Rio insurance is available online as well as from insurance agents, so you need to quote insurance coverage with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers may not provide online price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent agents.
We’ve covered quite a bit of information on how to save on 2016 Kia Rio insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get premium rates for, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable insurance coverage. You may even find the lowest auto insurance rates come from the smaller companies. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
More tips and info about car insurance is located in these articles:
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area