How Much Does 2016 Kia Soul Car Insurance Cost?
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 30, 2019
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find lower car insurance rates for your Kia Soul? If you’re trying to find more affordable insurance on the web, are you confused by the dozens of car insurance choices available to you? Vehicle owners have so many choices to choose from that it can be a difficult challenge to lower your car insurance rates.
Finding affordable coverage is not that difficult. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you should be able to save some money using this strategy. Nevertheless, consumers do need to learn the way insurance companies market insurance on the web and apply this information to your search.
How to get free insurance quotes online
There are a variety of methods to shop for insurance, but some are easier and takes less work. You can spend countless hours talking to local insurance agents in your area, or you could use the internet to quickly compare rates.
Many popular insurance companies belong to an insurance system that enables customers to complete one form, and every company returns a competitive quote based on the submitted data. This prevents consumers from doing quote forms for each company you want a rate for. To access this free quoting program, click here to open in new window.
One minor caviat to using this type of form is you cannot specify the providers you want to price. If you wish to select specific providers to compare, we put together a list of insurance companies in your area. Click here for list of insurance companies.
It’s up to you which method you use, but try to use exactly the same coverage limits on every quote you get. If each company quotes mixed coverages it’s impossible to make an equal comparison. Just a small difference in coverages can make a big difference in price. Just remember that comparing all the rates in your area helps locate the best price.
Get cheaper insurance with discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there may be some discounts that you may not even know about. A few discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be asked for before being credited.
- Sign Early and Save – Select insurance companies give a discount for buying a new policy before your current coverage expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use a seat belt can save 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts as much as 30%.
- Membership in Organizations – Being a member of a civic or occupational organization could earn you a nice discount on your next renewal.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Successfully completing a safe driver class could earn you a small percentage discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Paperless Signup – Certain insurance companies will provide an incentive for buying your policy digitally online.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may save up to 50% more on Soul insurance compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
You can save money using discounts, but some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
To choose providers that offer the discounts shown above, click here.
Tailor your insurance coverage coverage to you
When it comes to buying adequate coverage, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Is my 2016 Kia Soul covered for flood damage?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Which is better, split liability limits or combined limits?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Components of your Kia Soul insurance rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the factors that help calculate your auto insurance rates. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with much lower annual insurance costs.
- Buy a safe car and pay less – Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Safer cars reduce injuries and fewer injuries translates directly to fewer claims which can mean better rates for you. If your Kia Soul has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may qualify for a discount.
- Gender impacts rates – Statistics demonstrate women are more cautious behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean females are better drivers. Females and males are responsible for fender benders in similar numbers, but the male of the species cause more damage. They also get ticketed for serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI).
- File a auto insurance claims and pay more – If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can pretty much guarantee much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Companies give discounts to drivers who file claims infrequently. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of more catastrophic claims.
- Premiums drop with age – Older, more experienced drivers are shown to be more cautious, tend to cause fewer accidents .Teen drivers have been known to be more careless in a vehicle and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Get hitched and get cheaper prices – Being married may earn you lower rates on your auto insurance policy. Having a significant other generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and it’s statistically proven that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
Do insurance companies bend the truth?
Well-known insurance companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm constantly bombard you with television and radio advertisements. They all seem to say the same thing that drivers will save a bundle just by moving your insurance policy to them. How does every company make the same claim? Here is the trick they use.
Insurance companies require specific criteria for the type of customer that makes them money. An example of a profitable customer may need to be between 25 and 40, carries full coverage, and the vehicle is rated for pleasure use. Anybody who matches those parameters will get very good rates as well as save quite a bit of money when switching.
Insureds who may not quite match those standards may be forced to pay higher prices and this can result in the customer buying from a different company. If you pay attention, the ads say “people who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that kind of money. That’s why companies can truthfully advertise the way they do. Because of this risk profiling, you need to compare as many free insurance coverage quotes as you can. You cannot predict which insurance company will have the lowest rate quotes.
Car insurance coverages for a 2016 Kia Soul
Understanding the coverages of your policy helps when choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Liability coverages – Liability coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against things like pain and suffering, funeral expenses, structural damage and attorney fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
Comprehensive auto coverage – This coverage covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like damage from getting keyed, vandalism and rock chips in glass. The most your insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for bills such as dental work, surgery and EMT expenses. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover you and your occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with another car or object. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things like damaging your car on a curb, scraping a guard rail and hitting a mailbox. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Insureds switch companies for a number of reasons such as unfair underwriting practices, delays in paying claims, delays in responding to claim requests or being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right insurance coverage provider is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
We just presented some good ideas how you can reduce 2016 Kia Soul insurance rates online. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the lowest priced insurance coverage comes from a lesser-known regional company.
As you restructure your insurance plan, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where an insured cut physical damage coverage and learned later that it was a big mistake. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Additional detailed information is available by following these links:
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area