Cheapest 2012 Kia Soul Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 5, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Overwhelmed by the number of insurance coverage company choices? Lot’s of other consumers are too. Consumers have so many choices that it can be a real challenge to locate the lowest price.
Cheap Auto Insurance Comparisons
There are a variety of methods to shop for 2012 Kia Soul auto insurance, but some are less time-consuming than others. You can waste a lot of time talking to agents in your area, or you could use the internet to accomplish the same thing much quicker.
Most major companies enroll in a system that allows shoppers to send in one quote, and each participating company returns a rated price. This eliminates the need for repetitive form submissions to every company.
To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now click to open in new window.
The one disadvantage to pricing coverage this way is you can’t choose which companies you will receive quotes from. If you wish to select from a list of companies to compare rates, we have assembled a list of auto insurance companies in your area. Click here to view list.
However you get your quotes, ensure you are comparing identical coverage information for each comparison quote. If your comparisons have mixed coverages it’s impossible to decipher which rate is best. Having just a slight variation in limits could mean much higher rates. Just remember that getting more free quotes will enable you to find the best price.
Save big with these discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always publicize every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so we break down both well-publicized and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization could qualify you for a break when buying insurance on Soul coverage.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Employee of Federal Government – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can save as much as 8% on Soul coverage with certain companies.
- Good Student – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts well after school through age 25.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course if offered at their school.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates on Soul coverage than drivers with accidents.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Kia can qualify you for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- 55 and Retired – If you’re over the age of 55, you may receive a discount up to 10% on Soul coverage.
Consumers should know that most credits do not apply the whole policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Car insurance companies that possibly offer these money-saving discounts include:
It’s a good idea to ask each company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts may not be available in your state.
But I don’t know anything about car insurance
When buying the right insurance coverage, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if you could use an agent’s help.
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- What is the minimum liability in my state?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Auto insurance policy coverages for a 2012 Kia Soul
Knowing the specifics of auto insurance helps when choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. Auto insurance terms can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Collision coverage protection
This coverage covers damage to your Soul from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as scraping a guard rail, sustaining damage from a pot hole, crashing into a building and damaging your car on a curb. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Coverage for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for expenses for pain medications, surgery and rehabilitation expenses. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your 2012 Kia Soul.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Liability car insurance
This coverage will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show values of 25/50/25 that translate to $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things such as bail bonds, funeral expenses and medical expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, fire damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and hitting a bird. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest auto insurance rates for a 2012 Kia Soul in 2023?
To find the cheapest auto insurance rates for a 2012 Kia Soul in 2023, you can use the internet to compare multiple rates quickly. Many major companies participate in a system where you can submit one quote request, and each company will return a rated price. This saves you time compared to contacting agents individually. However, keep in mind that this method may not allow you to choose which companies you receive quotes from. If you prefer to select from a list of companies to compare rates, you can find a list of auto insurance companies in your area. Make sure you compare quotes with identical coverage information to determine the best price.
What discounts are available for auto insurance?
Car insurance companies offer various discounts that can help you save money on your premiums. These discounts may include safe driver discounts, multi-policy discounts, good student discounts, low mileage discounts, and more. It’s a good idea to ask each company about the discounts they offer, as not all discounts may be available in your state. Remember that most credits or discounts do not apply to the entire policy but rather to specific premium components.
How do I know which insurance coverage is right for me?
There isn’t a “best” method to buy insurance coverage because everyone’s needs are different. To determine the right insurance coverage for you, consider your personal circumstances and ask yourself some questions. For example, do you have health insurance coverage that could overlap with certain auto insurance coverages? Are you comfortable with a higher deductible to save money on premiums? If you’re unsure about these questions or others related to coverage, it may be helpful to speak with a licensed insurance agent who can provide guidance based on your specific situation.
What are the different types of auto insurance coverages for a 2012 Kia Soul?
Auto insurance policies typically consist of various coverages that protect you and your vehicle in different scenarios. Some common coverages for a 2012 Kia Soul include:
- Collision coverage: This coverage pays for damage to your Soul resulting from a collision with an object or another car. A deductible applies.
- Medical payments coverage (or Personal Injury Protection – PIP): This coverage pays for medical expenses related to injuries sustained in an accident, including pain medications, surgery, and rehabilitation expenses.
- Uninsured and underinsured coverage (UM/UIM): This coverage protects you if you’re involved in an accident with a driver who is uninsured or doesn’t have sufficient coverage to pay for damages or injuries.
- Liability car insurance: This coverage pays for damages or injuries you cause to others in an accident. It doesn’t cover your own injuries or vehicle damage.
- Comprehensive coverage: This coverage pays for damage to your vehicle that is not caused by a collision, such as damage from natural disasters, fire, theft, or vandalism.
What is comprehensive coverage for auto insurance?
Comprehensive coverage is an optional auto insurance coverage that pays for damage to your vehicle that is not caused by a collision. It covers a wide range of incidents, including damage from natural disasters, fire, theft, vandalism, falling objects, and hitting an animal. However, comprehensive coverage is subject to a deductible, which is the amount you must pay out of pocket before the insurance company covers the remaining damage. It’s important to consider the value of your vehicle and the cost of the comprehensive coverage when deciding whether to include it in your policy.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area