Cheapest 2016 Lexus IS 200t Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 6, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for the cheapest insurance rates? Shoppers have a choice when shopping for affordable Lexus IS 200t insurance. They can either waste time calling around trying to get quotes or use the internet to compare rates.
There is a better way to buy insurance and we’ll show you the proper way to price shop coverage on a Lexus and find the best price possible from local insurance agents and online providers.
Quote insurance coverage online
Most companies allow you to get pricing from their websites. Getting online rates can be done by anyone because it’s just a matter of typing in the amount of coverage you want into a form. Once you submit the form, the company’s rating system gets your credit score and driving record and returns a price quote.
This makes comparing rates easy, but the work required to visit each company’s website and repetitively enter the same data into a form is repetitive and time-consuming. But it’s very important to get many rate quotes in order to find a better rate.
The easiest way to locate the lowest prices makes use of a single form to return rates from a lot of companies. This type of form saves time, eliminates form submissions, and makes online shopping a lot less work. As soon as the form is sent, it is rated and you can choose any one of the quotes returned.
If a lower price is quoted, you can click and sign and purchase coverage. It can be completed in a matter of minutes and you will find out if you’re overpaying now.
If you want to use this form to compare rates, click here to open in new window and begin entering your coverage information. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you type in your coverages exactly as they are listed on your policy. Doing this guarantees you’re receiving rate quotes for similar coverage.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Some insurance providers don’t always advertise every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so we break down some of the best known and also the lesser-known auto insurance savings.
- Driving Data Discount – Policyholders that allow companies to look at where and when they drive through the use of a telematics system such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could see a rate decrease as long as the data is positive.
- Full Payment Discount – By paying your policy upfront rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid the installment charge.
- Professional Organizations – Joining a civic or occupational organization can get you a small discount on your next renewal.
- Drivers Education – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers sucessfully take a drivers education course if offered at their school.
- Federal Government Employee – Simply working for the federal government may qualify for a discount when you quote car insurance for IS 200t coverage depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Homeowners Discount – Owning your own home or condo can help you save on auto insurance because owning a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Drivers who insure all your vehicles on the same auto insurance policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a vehicle that is new can get you a discount because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- 55 and Retired – Seniors can get better auto insurance rates for IS 200t coverage.
A quick disclaimer, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it’s just not the way it works. But all discounts should help lower your policy premiums.
A list of companies and some of the discounts are:
- GEICO has discounts for driver training, membership and employees, five-year accident-free, good student, and daytime running lights.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include low natural disaster claims, type of vehicle, good driver, ease of repair, multi-car, and annual mileage.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include teen driver, multi-car, business and professional, distant student, bundle discounts, and alternative fuel.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may offer discounts for mature driver, safe vehicle, air bags, anti-theft, student away at school, multi-policy, and teen driver.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for new move discount, exclusive group savings, teen driver discount, new vehicle discount, good student, hybrid vehicle, and newly retired.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including teen safety rewards, safe driver, homeowner, drive less, multi-car, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, good student, online signing, and online quote discount.
- USAA includes discounts for military installation, family discount, good student, multi-policy, and safe driver.
When getting free car insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every insurance company to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered in your area. To find auto insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts, click here.
Four tips to get cheap insurance premiums
One of the most helpful ways to save on auto insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the elements that aid in calculating auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that can help you get lower premium levels.
- Lower rates by increasing comp and collision deductibles – Insurance for physical damage to your car, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers damage that occurs to your Lexus. Some coverage claims could be a dented fender, hitting a deer, and windstorm damage. The deductibles you choose are the amount of money you are required to pay before your auto insurance pays a claim. The higher the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be for IS 200t coverage.
- Rates increase with driving citations – Having just one citation can bump up the cost forty percent or more. Careful drivers receive lower rates as compared to those with violations. People who have multiple tickets such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find they need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive.
- Lower rates for married couples – Getting married helps lower the price on your policy. It means you’re more mature than a single person and it’s proven that being married results in fewer claims.
- More policies can equal more savings – Most major auto insurance companies will give a discount for people that purchase more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. If you currently are using one company, it’s in your best interest to compare other company rates to guarantee you are still saving the most.
Insurance coverage is unique, just like you
When it comes to buying the best insurance coverage coverage for your vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions can help discover whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Car insurance coverages for a 2016 Lexus IS 200t
Knowing the specifics of your insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Medical expense insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for immediate expenses for EMT expenses, chiropractic care and X-ray expenses. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your 2016 Lexus IS 200t.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Usually the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as hail damage, a broken windshield, vandalism and hitting a deer. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Auto collision coverage
This coverage pays for damage to your IS 200t resulting from colliding with an object or car. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as colliding with another moving vehicle, hitting a mailbox and hitting a parking meter. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Auto liability insurance
This coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property in an accident. It protects you against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 100/300/100 which means $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for things like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, pain and suffering and court costs. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Have the Midas touch
While you’re price shopping online, never reduce needed coverages to save money. In many instances, someone dropped collision coverage only to find out that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Throughout this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on 2016 Lexus IS 200t insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote car insurance, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest car insurance. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies.
Some insurance companies may not offer online price quotes and these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through local independent agencies. Cheap 2016 Lexus IS 200t insurance is attainable online and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture.
Additional auto insurance information can be found on the following sites:
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I get free auto insurance rates?
You can get free auto insurance rates by entering your ZIP code on our website. We provide a free quote tool that allows you to compare rates from different companies.
Are the rates provided on your website the cheapest for a 2016 Lexus IS 200t?
We strive to provide you with the most competitive rates available. However, we cannot guarantee that the rates provided on our website are the absolute cheapest. It’s always a good idea to compare quotes from multiple companies to ensure you get the best price.
Can I get insurance quotes online?
Yes, most insurance companies allow you to get pricing from their websites. You can enter your coverage information into a form, and the company’s rating system will provide you with a price quote based on your credit score and driving record.
Is it important to get multiple rate quotes?
Yes, it’s important to get multiple rate quotes in order to find the best rate. By comparing quotes from different companies, you increase your chances of finding a lower price for your insurance coverage.
How can I qualify for discounts and lower my insurance premiums?
Insurance providers offer various discounts that can help lower your insurance premiums. Some of the commonly available discounts include safe driver discounts, multi-policy discounts, and good student discounts. It’s recommended to check with each insurance company to apply every possible discount.
What are some tips to get cheap insurance premiums?
Here are four tips to help you get cheap insurance premiums:
- Maintain a good driving record
- Consider raising your deductibles
- Bundle your insurance policies
- Ask about available discounts
Do I need an agent’s assistance to buy insurance coverage for my vehicles?
The need for an agent’s assistance depends on your personal situation. If you have specific questions or need guidance in choosing the right coverage, it’s advisable to talk to an insurance agent who can provide expert advice tailored to your needs.
What are the different car insurance coverages for a 2016 Lexus IS 200t?
The car insurance coverages for a 2016 Lexus IS 200t include:
- Medical expense insurance
- Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
- Comprehensive coverage
- Auto collision coverage
- Auto liability insurance
What does comprehensive coverage pay for?
Comprehensive coverage pays for damage to your vehicle that is not covered by collision coverage. This can include damage from incidents such as hail, vandalism, or hitting a deer. The coverage requires you to pay a deductible, and the insurance company will cover the remaining damage.
What does auto liability insurance cover?
Auto liability insurance covers the damage or injury you cause to other people or their property in an accident. It does not cover your own injuries or damage to your vehicle. Liability coverage consists of three different limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident, and property damage.
Should I reduce coverage to save money?
While it’s important to find the best coverage for the lowest cost, it is not advisable to reduce necessary coverages just to save money. Cutting back on coverage may leave you unprotected in case of an accident or other incidents. It’s essential to strike a balance between cost and adequate coverage.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area