Lexus Lexus IS-200T Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 9, 2019
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find cheaper car insurance rates for your Lexus IS 200t? I really doubt anyone likes buying car insurance, especially when they are aware that their premiums are through the roof.
There are many auto insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and even though it’s nice to be able to choose, having more insurers makes it harder to compare rates.
It’s smart to price shop coverage before your policy renews because insurance prices change quite often. Even if you think you had the lowest quotes for IS 200t coverage a year ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you’re going to learn the quickest way to find lower rates on car insurance.
Buying car insurance is not that difficult. Basically, anyone who shops for auto insurance will most likely be able to save money. Although car owners must comprehend the way companies determine prices and take advantage of how the system works.
Informed drivers can cut their insurance rates
The best way to find cheaper insurance coverage is to take a look at the factors that aid in calculating the price you pay for insurance coverage. If you know what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in cheaper rates. Lots of things are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, but other criteria are less apparent such as your marital status and annual miles driven.
- Credit rating impact insurance coverage costs – Having a bad credit rating can be an important factor in determining premium rates. If your credit history is not that good, you could pay less to insure your 2017 Lexus IS 200t by repairing your credit. Insureds that have very good credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than those with lower credit scores.
- GPS tracking and theft deterrents lowers insurance coverage rates – Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Theft prevention devices like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- Discounts for multiple policies – The majority of companies provide a discount to people that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, consumers should still check prices from other companies to verify if the discount is saving money. You may still save money by insuring with multiple companies.
- High deductibles reduce costs – Protection for physical damage, aka comp and collision, protects your Lexus from damage. A few examples of covered claims are colliding with a building, vandalism, and damage caused by flying debris. Physical damage deductibles are how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. The larger the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be for IS 200t coverage.
Save a ton by applying discounts
Car insurance companies don’t always list every policy discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of both well-publicized as well as the least known discounts that you may qualify for. If you do not check that you are getting every discount available, you could be saving more on your insurance coverage.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying a policy with primary and secondary vehicles with one company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Accident Waiver – Not necessarily a discount, but a handful of insurance companies allow you one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you are claim-free before the accident.
- Professional Memberships – Being in qualifying clubs or civic groups could earn you a nice discount when shopping for insurance coverage.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking part in a course in safe driver is a good idea and can lower rates if you qualify.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the medical payments premium.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance coverage coverage on a new car can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles are generally safer.
- Paperless Signup – A few insurance coverage companies will give you a small discount get insurance on your computer.
- Good Grades Discount – Excelling in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Senior Citizens – Mature drivers may receive a slight reduction on a insurance quote for IS 200t coverage.
Don’t be surprised that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, early bird, bundled insurance, TimeAway discount, good student, and air bags.
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for safe driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, renewal discount, and good student.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for multiple autos, multiple policy, accident-free, anti-theft, good driver, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Travelers has savings for hybrid/electric vehicle, continuous insurance, new car, multi-policy, payment discounts, save driver, and IntelliDrive.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, driver training, good student, and bundle.
- GEICO has discounts for air bags, driver training, federal employee, good student, and five-year accident-free.
- Progressive discounts include multi-vehicle, homeowner, good student, online signing, and continuous coverage.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If you need cheap insurance quotes, ask every insurance company to apply every possible discount. Discounts may not be offered in your state. To see insurance coverage companies who offer online insurance coverage quotes, follow this link.
Your auto insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if you might need professional guidance.
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Insurance coverage breakdown
Knowing the specifics of a insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you’ll find the usual coverages available from insurance companies.
Coverage for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for bills such as hospital visits, prosthetic devices, X-ray expenses and pain medications. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims like backing into a parked car, sideswiping another vehicle, scraping a guard rail, damaging your car on a curb and colliding with another moving vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as hitting a bird, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a deer and damage from getting keyed. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Liability auto insurance
This provides protection from damage or injury you incur to people or other property by causing an accident. It protects you from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 100/300/100 which means a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage protects against things such as medical expenses, pain and suffering, bail bonds and structural damage. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your 2017 Lexus IS 200t.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important.
A penny earned…
When buying insurance coverage, never buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Cheap 2017 Lexus IS 200t insurance can be bought from both online companies and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies don’t offer rate quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through local independent agencies.
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area