2016 Lincoln MKZ Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 4, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2016 Lincoln MKZ are $1,580 a year with full coverage. Comprehensive costs approximately $282, collision insurance costs $618, and liability insurance costs around $500. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $560 a year, and high-risk insurance costs around $3,454. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at up to $6,050 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,580
Rate estimates for 2016 Lincoln MKZ Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2016 Lincoln MKZ models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a driver in their 40's, prices range range from as low as $560 for a discount liability-only rate to the much higher price of $3,454 for a driver who has had serious violations or accidents.
These differences demonstrate why everyone should compare prices using their specific location and risk profile, rather than relying on average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2016 Lincoln MKZ Insurance
Have you fallen victim to an underperforming, overpriced insurance policy? Believe me, there are a lot of people just like you who feel imprisoned by their insurance policy.
Since consumers have many companies and agents to choose from, it is very difficult to choose the lowest cost insurer.
Consumers need to get comparison quotes before your policy renews due to the fact that insurance rates fluctuate regularly. If you had the lowest rates for MKZ insurance six months ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Ignore everything you know about insurance because you’re about to find out the things you must know in order to get good coverage at a lower rate.
Buying car insurance is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you are paying for car insurance now, you should be able to cut costs considerably using these techniques. Although drivers must comprehend how companies market insurance on the web and take advantage of how the system works.
Don’t miss these discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list all their discounts very clearly, so here is a list both the well known and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving.
- Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Homeowners Discount – Owning a house may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Accident Forgiveness – A few companies allow you one accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Student in College – Children who are attending college and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with a discount if you purchase life insurance from them.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can receive discounts of 20% or more.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To see a list of providers offering car insurance discounts, click here to view.
These factors can influence what you pay for Lincoln MKZ insurance
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that play a part in calculating auto insurance rates. Understanding what impacts premium levels allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get lower auto insurance prices.
Shown below are a partial list of the pieces companies use to determine your rates.
- Pay less if you’re married – Being married can actually save you money when buying auto insurance. Having a significant other is viewed as being more responsible and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Men fork out a little more – Statistics demonstrate that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean men are WORSE drivers than women. They both tend to get into accidents at about the same rate, but men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also get more serious tickets like DUI and reckless driving.
- Clean credit earns discounts – Credit rating is a important factor in your rate calculation. Drivers who have excellent credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with poor credit. So if your credit can use some improvement, you could pay less to insure your 2016 Lincoln MKZ by improving your credit score.
- Increase deductibles and save – Deductibles for physical damage represent how much money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. Physical damage coverage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are colliding with a building, damage from fire, and rolling your vehicle. The more money you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be for MKZ insurance.
- Liability coverage protects you – Your policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you in the event that you are found to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It will provide for a legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability is cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- More people means more accidents – Choosing to live in a small town is a positive aspect when talking about auto insurance. Less people living in that area means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. Drivers in populated areas have more traffic problems and longer commute times. More time commuting can result in more accidents.
When might I need help?
When it comes to buying the best car insurance coverage, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether you might need professional guidance.
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in my state?
- Who is covered when they drive my 2016 Lincoln MKZ?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Save $462 a year. For real?
Companies like Allstate and Progressive regularly use ads on television and other media. All the ads say the same thing about savings if you move to their company. How do they all say the same thing? This is how they do it.
All companies can use profiling for the type of customer they prefer to insure. A good example of a driver they prefer might be profiled as over the age of 40, has no tickets, and has great credit. A propective insured that hits that “sweet spot” will get very good rates and is almost guaranteed to save a lot of money.
Drivers who don’t meet the “perfect” profile will be charged more money which leads to business not being written. The ads state “customers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save money. That’s the way companies can truthfully advertise the savings. That is why it’s extremely important to compare many company’s rates. It’s impossible to know which company will have the lowest Lincoln MKZ insurance rates.
Insurance coverages explained
Learning about specific coverages of your policy aids in choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring. Below you’ll find the usual coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Liability auto insurance
This coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property in an accident. This coverage protects you against claims from other people. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see values of 100/300/100 that translate to $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against things such as loss of income, pain and suffering, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, structural damage and funeral expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as much as you can afford.
Medical costs insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for immediate expenses for things like surgery, chiropractic care, dental work and funeral costs. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your 2016 Lincoln MKZ.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance covers damage to your MKZ resulting from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for claims like damaging your car on a curb, sustaining damage from a pot hole and colliding with another moving vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like falling objects, rock chips in glass, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from flooding and a broken windshield. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Shop Smart and Save
Cost effective 2016 Lincoln MKZ insurance can be purchased both online and with local insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. A few companies do not offer online quoting and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
We just presented many ideas to compare insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier. Some small companies often have lower prices on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
For more information, take a look at the articles below:
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Insitute)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,493|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,697|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$119|
|5-yr Claim Free||$104|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$73|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.