Cheapest 2008 Lincoln MKZ Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 4, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want better car insurance rates? Drivers have lots of choices when trying to find the lowest priced Lincoln MKZ insurance. You can either waste hours struggling with agents trying to get quotes or save time using the internet to make rate comparisons.
There are more efficient ways to compare car insurance rates and you need to know the best way to get price quotes for a new or used Lincoln and locate the cheapest rates from both online companies and local agents.
Smart consumers take time to get comparison quotes occasionally because insurance rates tend to go up over time. Just because you had the lowest price for MKZ coverage a couple years back there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to how to use the internet to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
Get lower rates on 2008 Lincoln MKZ insurance
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you may find discounts to cut the cost considerably. Most are applied when you purchase, but a few must be specifically requested before they will apply. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few companies offer discounts for buying a policy before your current expiration date. The savings is around 10%.
- Military Rewards – Having a family member in the military could mean lower rates.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Driver Safety – Completing a defensive driving course could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Senior Discount – Mature drivers may receive reduced rates for MKZ coverage.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way. But any discount will cut your overall premium however.
To see a list of insurance companies with the best auto insurance discounts, click here.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether you may require specific advice.
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my 2008 Lincoln MKZ?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- What happens if I owe more than my 2008 Lincoln MKZ is worth?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Insurance coverages 101
Knowing the specifics of your policy can help you determine the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This gives you protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Lincoln MKZ.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Frequently these coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
This coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to other people or property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see values of 50/100/50 that translate to $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for claims like structural damage, funeral expenses, medical expenses, pain and suffering and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Medical expense insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for bills for things like ambulance fees, rehabilitation expenses and pain medications. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Auto collision coverage
Collision coverage covers damage to your MKZ resulting from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things like hitting a mailbox, damaging your car on a curb, driving through your garage door, sustaining damage from a pot hole and crashing into a ditch. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like hitting a bird, damage from a tornado or hurricane and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Quote often and quote early
You just learned many tips how you can get a better price on 2008 Lincoln MKZ insurance. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from an unexpected company.
People who switch companies do it for many reasons like delays in paying claims, extreme rates for teen drivers, high rates after DUI convictions and even denial of a claim. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new company is actually quite simple.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where an insured cut physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price.
Additional detailed information is available in the articles below:
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
Use our FREE quote tool to compare rates now!
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest auto insurance rates for a 2008 Lincoln MKZ in 2023?
To find the cheapest auto insurance rates for a 2008 Lincoln MKZ in 2023, you can follow these steps:
- Enter your ZIP code: Start by entering your ZIP code on the provided page to access the free quote tool.
- Compare quotes: Utilize the free quote tool to compare rates from different insurance companies. Comparing multiple quotes gives you a better chance of finding the best price.
- Consider discounts: Insurance companies offer various discounts that can help lower your rates. Make sure to inquire about any discounts you may be eligible for, such as safe driver discounts or multi-policy discounts.
- Adjust coverage: Evaluate your coverage needs and consider customizing your coverage to suit your situation. You can adjust deductibles, liability limits, and other factors to find the right balance between coverage and cost.
How can I save money on car insurance?
Here are some tips to save money on car insurance:
- Compare quotes: Obtain quotes from multiple insurance companies to compare rates and find the best price.
- Take advantage of discounts: Ask your insurance provider about available discounts, such as safe driver discounts, multi-policy discounts, or good student discounts.
- Increase deductibles: Consider raising your deductibles, which can lower your premiums. However, be sure you can afford to pay the higher deductible if you need to file a claim.
- Maintain a good driving record: Safe driving habits can help you avoid accidents and traffic violations, which can lead to lower insurance premiums.
- Bundle policies: If you have multiple insurance needs, consider bundling them with one provider. Many companies offer discounts for bundling auto, home, and other insurance policies.
- Evaluate coverage: Regularly review your coverage to ensure it aligns with your needs. Adjust coverage and limits as necessary to optimize your savings.
What factors determine the price of auto insurance?
Several factors influence the price of auto insurance, including:
- Age and gender: Younger drivers and male drivers often pay higher premiums.
- Driving record: A clean driving record with no accidents or violations can lead to lower rates.
- Location: Insurance rates can vary based on your ZIP code, as areas with higher crime rates or accident rates may have higher premiums.
- Vehicle make and model: The type of vehicle you drive, such as a 2008 Lincoln MKZ, can impact your insurance rates.
- Coverage and deductibles: The level of coverage and deductibles you choose can affect your premiums.
- Credit history: In some states, insurance companies consider credit history when determining rates.
- Insurance history: Continuous insurance coverage and a history of timely payments can lead to lower premiums.
- Annual mileage: The number of miles you drive annually can impact your rates.
What discounts are available for car insurance?
Car insurance companies often offer various discounts to help lower premiums. Some common discounts include:
- Safe driver discount: Offered to drivers with a clean driving record and no accidents or violations.
- Multi-policy discount: Available when you bundle multiple policies, such as auto and home insurance, with the same company.
- Good student discount: Offered to students who maintain good grades.
- Anti-theft device discount: Given to vehicles equipped with anti-theft devices or security systems.
- Defensive driving course discount: Available to drivers who complete an approved defensive driving course.
- Low mileage discount: Offered to drivers who travel fewer miles annually.
These are just a few examples, and discounts may vary by insurance company and location. It’s best to inquire with your insurance provider about the specific discounts they offer.
Is it necessary to adjust coverage and deductibles?
Adjusting coverage and deductibles can help you find a balance between adequate coverage and affordable premiums. It’s essential to evaluate your coverage needs and consider factors such as the age of your vehicle, your financial situation, and your risk tolerance.
Increasing deductibles can lower your premiums but also means you’ll have to pay a higher amount out of pocket in the event of a claim. Adjusting coverage limits should be done carefully to ensure you have sufficient protection.
Consult with your insurance provider or an insurance agent to determine the appropriate coverage and deductibles for your specific needs. They can provide guidance based on your circumstances and help you make an informed decision.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area