How Much Does 2009 Lincoln MKZ Insurance Cost?
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 4, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Are you a victim of an underperforming, overpriced insurance coverage policy? Trust us when we tell you there are lots of people in the same boat. Popular companies such as State Farm and GEICO constantly blast consumers with ads and consumers find it hard to ignore the propoganda and find the best price available.
If you are insured now or are looking for a new policy, you will benefit by learning to find better prices and possibly find even better coverage. Finding affordable coverage is easy if you know what you’re doing. Consumers only need an understanding of the most effective way to get comparison quotes on the web.
Your Lincoln MKZ insurance rate is a complex equation
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that come into play when calculating your insurance coverage rates. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels enables informed choices that can help you get lower insurance coverage prices.
- Low deductibles can be expensive – The deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. Coverage for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims are running into the backend of another car, collision with an animal, and windstorm damage. The higher the amount you have to pay, the lower your rates will be for MKZ coverage.
- Policy add-ons can waste money – There are quite a few extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your insurance coverage policy. Things like rental car reimbursement, accidental death and membership fees may be wasting your money. These coverages may sound good at first, but your needs may have changed so remove them from your policy.
- Men are more aggressive – Statistics demonstrate that women are safer drivers than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are better drivers. Women and men cause accidents in similar percentages, but the men cause more damage. Men also statistically get more serious tickets such as reckless driving. Youthful male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Do you work long hours in a high stress job? – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Jobs such as real estate brokers, business owners and financial analysts have higher average rates in part from high stress and lots of time spent at work. Conversely, occupations like scientists, engineers and performers get better rates for MKZ coverage.
How to Lower Your Auto Insurance Cost
Performing a rate comparison is a ton of work if you don’t utilize the best way to get rate quotes. You can spend countless hours discussing policy coverages with insurance companies in your area, or you could use the web to get the quickest rates.
Most of the larger companies take part in a program where prospective buyers send in one quote, and each company then gives them pricing based on that information. This eliminates the need for quotation requests for each company.
To get comparison pricing now click here (opens in new window).
The one disadvantage to pricing coverage this way is that you can’t choose which insurance companies you want pricing from. So if you prefer to pick individual companies to compare prices, we put together a list of the cheapest auto insurance companies in your area. Click to view list.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just make sure you use apples-to-apples coverages and limits for each comparison quote. If the quotes have different values for each quote you will not be able to determine the lowest rate for your Lincoln MKZ.
Companies offer discounts so take them!
Auto insurance companies don’t always list all their discounts very well, so we took the time to find some of the more common and the harder-to-find insurance coverage savings. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being a member of certain professional organizations could trigger savings on insurance coverage for MKZ coverage.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a house can help you save on insurance coverage because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Good Student Discount – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Discount for New Cars – Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% since new cars are generally safer.
- Student Driver Training – Have your child complete a driver education course in high school.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Multi-car Discount – Having more than one vehicle with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- No Charge for an Accident – A few companies will forgive one accident before your rates go up if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less for MKZ coverage than drivers with accidents.
- Paperless Signup – A few companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing over the internet.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given the whole policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way.
To see a list of insurers offering insurance coverage discounts, follow this link.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Do I just need basic coverages?
When buying the best insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions could help you determine if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in my state?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in my state?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Specific coverage details
Understanding the coverages of your insurance policy can help you determine the right coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring. Below you’ll find the normal coverages available from insurance companies.
Liability auto insurance – This coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to people or other property. This coverage protects you against claims from other people. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 100/300/100 that translate to $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things like loss of income, emergency aid and bail bonds. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
Collision coverage – This coverage covers damage to your MKZ caused by collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims like scraping a guard rail, hitting a mailbox, colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a ditch and crashing into a building. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your 2009 Lincoln MKZ.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like falling objects, a broken windshield and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical expense insurance – Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for expenses like prosthetic devices, X-ray expenses, dental work and doctor visits. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Knowledge is power
As you prepare to switch companies, never buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
You just learned a lot of information how to lower your 2009 Lincoln MKZ insurance rates. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may even find the lowest premiums are with a small local company. They may only write in your state and offer lower rates as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
More detailed insurance coverage information is located at these sites:
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area