2017 Acura ILX Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 23, 2017
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for an 2017 Acura ILX are $1,416 a year for full coverage insurance. Comprehensive insurance costs an estimated $298, collision insurance costs $530, and liability coverage costs $430. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $486 a year, and high-risk insurance costs $3,062 or more. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at up to $5,298 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,416
Rate estimates for 2017 Acura ILX Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2017 Acura ILX models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a middle-aged driver, prices range range from as low as $486 for just liability insurance to the much higher price of $3,062 for a high risk driver.
These differences illustrate why everyone should compare rates for a targeted area and risk profile, rather than using average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2017 Acura ILX Insurance
Are you regretting the purchase of overpriced car insurance? Believe me, there are lots of people in the same boat.
Companies like GEICO, Farmers Insurance and State Farm promote their brand names with ads and consumers find it hard to see past the geckos and flying pigs and take the time to shop coverage around.
Seven factors that influence insurance premiums
A large part of saving on insurance is knowing some of the elements that go into determining the rates you pay for insurance. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to lower insurance prices.
- Policy claims cost money – Auto insurance companies give the lowest premiums to policyholders who do not file claims often. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can look forward to higher rates. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
- Liability coverage limits on your policy – Your policy’s liability coverage provides coverage when a jury decides you are liable for damages caused by your negligence. It provides legal defense starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Bad drivers pay high costs – Your driving citation history has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Attentive drivers pay lower auto insurance prices as compared to careless drivers. Just one moving violation could increase your next policy renewal by as much as thirty percent. Drivers with dangerous violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions might be required by their state to file a SR-22 with their state DMV in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Prevent theft and save – Choosing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can save you some money. Advanced theft deterrents such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all help stop your car from being stolen.
- Policy add-ons can waste money – Insurance companies have many optional add-on coverages that may not really be needed but may not be useful. Insurance for things like rental car reimbursement, accidental death, and term life insurance may be costing you every month. They may seem good when you first buy your policy, but now you might not need them so remove them and pocket the money.
- Lower insurance rates with continuous coverage – Going without insurance is a fast way to pay more for insurance. Not only will you pay more, not being able to provide proof of insurance may result in fines or a revoked license.
- Low coverage deductibles mean high costs – Coverage for physical damage, aka comp and collision, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Examples of covered claims could be colliding with a building, collision with an animal, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Your deductibles are how much you are required to pay before your insurance pays a claim. The more expense you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the bigger discount you will receive on ILX coverage.
Auto Insurance Discounts
Auto insurance is not inexpensive, but you may qualify for discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some discounts apply automatically at the time you complete a quote, but some need to be requested specifically before being credited.
- Low Miles Discount – Low annual miles can qualify you for cheaper premium rates.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used car can save up to 30% because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Driver’s Ed – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them complete a driver education course as it can save substantially.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select companies reward you with a lower rate if you buy life insurance.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active deployment in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds that choose to allow companies to monitor their driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could see a rate decrease as long as the data is positive.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers who stay claim-free get the best auto insurance rates when compared with policyholders that have many claims.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
Consumers should know that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don’t profit that way. Any amount of discount will cut your policy premium.
A few popular companies and a partial list of their discounts are:
- State Farm offers discounts including accident-free, anti-theft, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and defensive driving training.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for hybrid vehicle, teen driver discount, multi-car, newly married, preferred payment discount, and new graduate.
- American Family may include discounts for defensive driver, early bird, good driver, Steer into Savings, and mySafetyValet.
- Progressive may have discounts that include good student, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and continuous coverage.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for pay in full, homeowner, early shopping, good student, and switch companies.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may offer discounts for anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, paid in full, company car, student away at school, safe driver, and teen driver.
- SAFECO has savings for homeowner, drive less, multi-car, teen safety rewards, and accident prevention training.
When quoting, ask each company or agent how many discounts you can get. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies in your state.
Tailor your auto insurance coverage to you
When it comes to choosing the best auto insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance needs to address that. These are some specific questions can help discover whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Who is covered when they drive my 2017 Acura ILX?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area.
What insurance coverages do you need?
Understanding the coverages of your insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are typical coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Liability car insurance – Liability coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people in an accident. It protects YOU against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 100/300/100 which stand for a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use a combined limit which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for things such as attorney fees, emergency aid, pain and suffering, loss of income and medical expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
Coverage for medical payments – Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses like EMT expenses, nursing services, dental work, ambulance fees and funeral costs. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers both the driver and occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Collision coverages – This will pay to fix damage to your ILX caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims such as colliding with a tree, colliding with another moving vehicle, hitting a parking meter and driving through your garage door. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive coverages – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, rock chips in glass, hitting a bird and falling objects. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Acura ILX.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Normally these limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Shop Smart and Save
When buying insurance coverage, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, drivers have reduced physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big error on their part. Your goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
In this article, we covered a lot of tips how to reduce 2017 Acura ILX insurance auto insurance rates online. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may discover the lowest auto insurance rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Regional companies often have lower premium rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
For more information, feel free to visit the resources below:
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,238|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,421|
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$104|
|5-yr Claim Free||$92|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$64|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.