Cheapest 2017 Ford Mustang Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find the cheapest rates for 2017 Ford Mustang insurance? Are you drained from scraping nickels together to buy car insurance? Your situation is no different than most other drivers. Insurance companies such as State Farm and GEICO constantly bombard you with TV and radio ads and consumers find it hard to see through the deception and take the time to shop coverage around.
You should take the time to compare prices every six months since prices change quite often. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rates on Mustang insurance a year ago a different company probably has better rate quotes today. You can search a lot of car insurance on the web, but you can learn some tested techniques to stop overpaying for insurance.
Discounts for 2017 Ford Mustang Insurance
Some companies don’t always publicize their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious insurance coverage savings.
- Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Ford could earn lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but some companies like GEICO, Progressive, and Allstate will turn a blind eye to one accident before they charge you more for coverage as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- College Student Discount – Those who attend college more than 100 miles from home without a vehicle on campus may be able to be covered for less.
- No Claims – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims are rewarded with significantly better rates on insurance coverage quotes when compared with accident-prone drivers.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or retired federal employees can earn a discount of up to 10% on Mustang insurance with some insurance coverage companies.
It’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think all those discounts mean the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way. But any discount will bring down your premiums.
Larger insurance coverage companies and some of the discounts can be found below.
- GEICO includes discounts for emergency military deployment, driver training, membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, and multi-policy.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for good drivers, good students, multi-policy, accident-free, defensive drivers, and claim-free.
- State Farm has discounts for students away at school, passive restraint, good student, Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, and accident-free.
- Progressive may include discounts for good students, online signing, homeowner, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including the age of the vehicle, type of vehicle, professional/association, accident-free, low natural disaster claims, good driver, and ease of repair.
- 21st Century discounts include theft prevention, 55 and older, early bird, defensive driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- Allstate offers discounts including premier discount, FullPay discount, auto/life discount, new car, eSmart discount, resident student, and economy car.
If you are trying to find cheaper insurance coverage quotes, ask each insurance company to give you their best rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies everywhere.
Compare Quotes for Car Insurance
There are a lot of ways to compare car insurance prices and some are less labor-intensive and much quicker. You could spend your day driving to agents in your area, or you can stay home and use the web to get the quickest rates.
All the larger companies take part in a program that enables customers to submit their information once, and each company then returns a price quote based on that data. This saves time by eliminating form submissions for each company.
To compare rates using this form now click here.
The only downside to using this type of system is you cannot specify which carriers you want pricing from. If you would rather choose from a list of companies to receive pricing from, we put together a list of low-cost car insurance companies in your area. Click here to view the list.
Whichever way you choose to compare rates, compare identical quote information with every price quote. If the quotes have different deductibles it will be next to impossible to make a fair rate comparison.
How to Lower Your Insurance Prices
Multiple criteria are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, but some are less obvious such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
The items below are just a few of the factors that factor into your rate level.
- Lower premiums for vehicles with better crash test results – Cars with high safety ratings cost less to insure. Vehicles built for safety protect occupants better and better occupant protection means your insurance company pays less which can result in lower premiums. If your Ford scored at minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may be receiving lower rates.
- Drive less and pay lower prices – Driving a lot of miles each year the higher your rate. Most insurance companies charge to insure your cars based upon how much you drive. Autos used primarily for pleasure use cost less to insure than those that get driven frequently. Make sure your policy properly reflects how each vehicle is driven. An incorrect rating for your Mustang may be wasting your money.
- Vocational stress can make you pay more – Did you know your auto insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupational choices like firefighters, executives, and dentists tend to have higher premiums than the average policyholder in part from job stress and long work hours. Conversely, careers like actors, historians, and the unemployed pay the least on Mustang insurance.
- Save by staying claim-free – If you file a lot of claims you can expect higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Insurance companies provide the most affordable rates to policyholders who only file infrequent claims. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of more catastrophic claims.
- Compare rates if you consolidate your policies – Many auto insurance companies allow lower prices to policyholders that purchase more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to as much as ten percent or more Even with this discount applied, consumers should still compare rates to guarantee they are still saving the most.
- Uninterrupted coverage lowers prices – Not having insurance is against the law and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance lapse. In addition to paying higher premiums, the inability to provide proof of insurance can result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You will then be forced to prove you have insurance by filing an SR-22 with your state department of motor vehicles.
- Defend yourself with liability – Liability coverage will afford coverage when a court rules you are at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides for a legal defense which can cost a lot. Liability is cheap compared to other policy coverages, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- How your age affects prices – Youthful drivers tend to be inattentive when at the wheel of a vehicle so auto insurance rates are higher. If you’ve ever had to add a young driver onto your auto insurance can break the bank. Mature drivers are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit.
Insurance Agents Can Help
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Every insured’s situation is different and a cookie-cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions can help discover if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- When should I drop full coverage on my 2017 Ford Mustang?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required minimum liability coverage?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Coverages That Affect 2017 Mustang GT Insurance Costs
Knowing the specifics of your car insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need and the proper limits and deductibles. Car insurance terms can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are the normal coverages offered by car insurance companies.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims like hitting a parking meter, colliding with another moving vehicle, and crashing into a building. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This coverage gives you protection when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your 2017 Ford Mustang.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for bills such as chiropractic care, doctor visits, and funeral costs. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
This coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property by causing an accident. It protects you from legal claims by others and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 100/300/100 that translate to a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, $300,000 for the entire accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as pain and suffering, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, bail bonds, repair costs for stationary objects, and loss of income. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as hail damage, damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from getting keyed, hitting a bird, and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Power to the Consumer
Some insurance providers may not provide online price quotes and usually, these regional carriers only sell coverage through local independent agents. Budget-friendly auto insurance is attainable both online as well as from insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection.
We’ve covered some good ideas on how to get a better price on 2017 Ford Mustang insurance. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get car insurance quotes from, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. You may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with a lesser-known regional company. Regional companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
Helpful learning opportunities
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area