1994 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra Insurance Cost
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Nobody I know likes paying for car insurance, especially knowing they are paying too much. Many insurance companies compete for your hard-earned dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every provider and uncover the absolute lowest rate possible.
If you are insured now or are just looking to switch companies, you can learn to find the best rates while maintaining coverages. Finding affordable coverage is not that difficult. Vehicle owners just need to learn the best way to compare prices on the web.
Why your Ford Mustang SVT Cobra insurance rates may be high
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that play a part in calculating your car insurance rates. Knowing what controls the rates you pay enables informed choices that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
- Better credit means lower rates – Your credit history is a big factor in calculating your car insurance rates. So if your credit is not that good, you could pay less to insure your 1994 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra by improving your credit score. Drivers with good credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have lower credit scores.
- Where you live is a factor – Residing in small towns and rural areas has it’s advantages when buying car insurance. Drivers who live in large cities have congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Lower population translates into fewer accidents.
- Careful drivers pay lower rates – Even one speeding ticket may increase your cost twenty percent or more. Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance than bad drivers. If you have serious violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find they need to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state DMV in order to continue driving.
- Do you know your deductibles? – Physical damage coverage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your Ford from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply are collision with another vehicle, collision with an animal, or theft. Your deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend in the event of a claim. The more expense you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your company will charge you for insurance for Mustang SVT Cobra insurance.
- Equipment add-ons that lower car insurance rates – Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
- Drive less and save money – Driving more miles in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most companies charge to insure your cars based on their usage. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Double check that your car insurance coverage properly reflects the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money. Incorrect usage on your Mustang SVT Cobra can result in significantly higher rates.
- High numbers of claims are not good – Insurance companies generally give better rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. If you frequently file small claims, you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
Save on Ford Mustang SVT Cobra insurance
Car insurance is not cheap, but you can get discounts to cut the cost considerably. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you complete an application, but lesser-known reductions have to be requested specifically prior to getting the savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you are paying more than you should be.
- No Accidents – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially as compared to frequent claim filers.
- Homeowners Discount – Owning a house may trigger a car insurance policy discount because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Government Employees – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% for Mustang SVT Cobra insurance with certain companies.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Paperwork-free – Some insurance companies may give you up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up on their website.
- Seat Belts Save – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one insurance company you will save approximately 10% to 15%.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like you could get a free car insurance policy, it just doesn’t work that way. Any amount of discount will reduce your overall premium however.
Car insurance companies that possibly offer these benefits include:
It’s a good idea to ask all companies you are considering how you can save money. Discounts may not be available everywhere.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing the best insurance coverage coverage, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s needs are different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether you could use an agent’s help.
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Learn about auto insurance coverages for a Ford Mustang SVT Cobra
Learning about specific coverages of your auto insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you’ll find the usual coverages found on most auto insurance policies.
Comprehensive insurance – This coverage will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like fire damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a bird, vandalism and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision coverages – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as sideswiping another vehicle, scraping a guard rail, hitting a parking meter and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Normally the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Liability auto insurance – Liability insurance provides protection from damage that occurs to people or other property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 100/300/100 that translate to $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000. Another option is a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for things like repair costs for stationary objects, pain and suffering, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, medical services and bail bonds. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for immediate expenses for hospital visits, surgery, prosthetic devices, nursing services and funeral costs. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Spend less. Save more.
We just covered many tips how you can lower your 1994 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra insurance rates. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the lowest premiums are with a small local company. Some small companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
Discount insurance is available both online in addition to many insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, an insured cut collision coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price.
Even more information can be found in the articles below:
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area