Cheapest 2017 Subaru Outback Insurance Rates in 2024
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 6, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Did budget coverage turn out to be an expensive car insurance policy? Say no more because there are many people just like you. Insurance companies such as Allstate and Progressive constantly blast consumers with fancy advertisements and it is challenging if not impossible to ignore the flying pigs and cute green geckos and do the work needed to find the best deal.
It’s a good idea to compare prices on a regular basis because rates fluctuate regularly. Even if you think you had the best deal for Outback insurance on your last policy other companies may now be cheaper. You can search a lot of car insurance out there, but we’re going to give you some excellent ideas to reduce your car insurance bill.
If you are insured now or need new coverage, you can use this information to find better prices while maintaining coverages. Buying car insurance is not that difficult. Consumers just need to know how to shop online.
Lower-cost insurance coverage rates with discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you can inquire about if you buy car insurance online. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you are just wasting money.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but some insurance companies may permit one accident before raising your premiums if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- Membership in Organizations – Being a member of a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break on your next insurance coverage statement.
- E-sign – Certain insurance companies give back up to $50 get car insurance on the web.
- Life Insurance Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than spreading payments over time you can actually save on your bill.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers who agree to allow data collection to spy on when and where they use their vehicle through the use of a telematics system such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate may get a rate reduction if their driving habits are good.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you aren’t that lucky.
A few companies that have these discounts include:
- State Farm
- Farm Bureau
Compare insurance coverage quotes online
Reducing your 2017 Subaru Outback insurance rates is not a difficult process. Just spend a few minutes on the computer to compare rate quotes to find the company with cheaper car insurance quotes. This can be accomplished in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- Without a doubt, the easiest way consumers can analyze rates would be an industry-wide quote request form like this one (opens in new window). This method prevents you from having to do repetitive form entry for every insurance coverage company. A single form gets insurance cost estimates from multiple companies.
- A more time consuming way to find better pricing requires you to visit each company’s website and fill out a new quote form.
- Even if you have time, the least recommended way to compare price quotes is to waste gas driving to all the different insurance agencies. Comparing online rate quotes has reduced the need for local agents unless you prefer the guidance of an agent trained in personal lines coverage. It is possible with some companies price shop online but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
Whichever way you choose to compare rates, try to keep equivalent coverage limits on every quote you get. If you have different data you will not be able to determine which rate is truly the best.
How you can control Subaru Outback insurance premiums
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that aid in calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find lower rates.
The following are a few of the things car insurance companies consider when setting your premiums.
- Better drivers pay lower premiums – Having just one citation can boost insurance rates to the point where it’s not affordable. Attentive drivers receive lower rates than bad drivers. Drivers who have dangerous tickets such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may be required to complete a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Physical damage deductibles – Your deductibles state the amount of money the insured will be required to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Coverage for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some coverage claims would be rearending another vehicle, vandalism, and damage caused by road hazards. The larger the amount you have to pay, the better rate you will receive for Outback insurance.
- How many coverages with the same company – Most insurance companies give lower prices to clients that purchase more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, you may still want to compare other insurance prices to help ensure you have the lowest rates. Consumers may find better rates by insuring with multiple companies.
- Prevent coverage lapses – Driving without insurance can get your license suspended and any future policy may cost more because you let your coverage have a gap. Not only will rates go up, not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you a license revocation or jail time. You may then be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with your state DMV.
- Little extras can really add up – Policies have extra bells and whistles you can purchase if you don’t pay attention. Insurance for things like rental car coverage, death and dismemberment, and extra life insurance coverage are probably not needed. They may seem good when discussing your needs, but now you might not need them so consider taking them off your policy.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. These are some specific questions may help highlight if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Should I rate my 2017 Subaru Outback as pleasure use or commute?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
Car insurance 101
Understanding the coverages of your policy can help you determine appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are typical coverages found on most car insurance policies.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for expenses like funeral costs, hospital visits, surgery and X-ray expenses. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover you and your occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – This coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Subaru Outback.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Collision – Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Outback from colliding with another car or object. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, colliding with a tree, crashing into a building and backing into a parked car. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability – Liability coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property that is your fault. It protects YOU against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things such as bail bonds, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, medical services, medical expenses and loss of income. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but buy higher limits if possible.
Comprehensive insurance – This covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as hail damage, hitting a bird and theft. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
A fool and his money are soon parted
You just learned many tips how you can shop for 2017 Subaru Outback insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the lowest priced insurance coverage comes from the least-expected company. These smaller insurers often have lower premium rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Budget-friendly insurance coverage is possible on the web in addition to many insurance agents, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies may not have internet price quotes and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through local independent agencies.
For more information, feel free to visit these articles:
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
What factors can affect the cost of insurance for a 2017 Subaru Outback?
Several factors can influence the cost of insurance for a 2017 Subaru Outback. Some key factors include your location, driving history, age, gender, marital status, credit score, coverage options, deductibles, and the level of insurance you choose.
Does the trim level of the 2017 Subaru Outback affect insurance costs?
Yes, the trim level of the 2017 Subaru Outback can impact insurance costs. Higher-end trims with additional features may have a higher value and be more expensive to repair or replace in the event of an accident, which could result in higher insurance premiums.
Can taking a defensive driving course lower my insurance rates for a 2017 Subaru Outback?
Yes, completing a defensive driving course can sometimes lead to lower insurance rates for a 2017 Subaru Outback. Some insurance companies offer discounts to drivers who have successfully completed an approved defensive driving course, as it demonstrates a commitment to safe driving practices.
How can maintaining a good credit score positively impact insurance rates for a 2017 Subaru Outback?
Maintaining a good credit score can have a positive impact on insurance rates for a 2017 Subaru Outback. Many insurance companies consider credit history as a factor when determining premiums. A higher credit score is generally associated with lower risk, which can lead to lower insurance rates.
Does the location where I live affect the cost of insurance for a 2017 Subaru Outback?
Yes, the location where you live can affect the cost of insurance for a 2017 Subaru Outback. Areas with higher rates of accidents, theft, or vandalism typically have higher insurance premiums. Urban areas or regions with severe weather conditions might also result in increased insurance costs.
Can installing anti-theft devices in my 2017 Subaru Outback help lower insurance rates?
Yes, installing anti-theft devices in your 2017 Subaru Outback can potentially lower insurance rates. Anti-theft devices such as car alarms, tracking systems, and immobilizers make your vehicle less attractive to thieves, reducing the risk of theft or damage. Many insurance providers offer discounts for vehicles equipped with approved anti-theft devices.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2024
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2024
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area