2018 Acura ILX Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 19, 2019
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for an 2018 Acura ILX are $1,434 a year including full coverage. Comprehensive costs around $308, collision costs $552, and liability costs around $416. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $474 a year, with high-risk insurance costing around $3,106. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at $5,342 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,434
Rate estimates for 2018 Acura ILX Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2018 Acura ILX models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a 40-year-old driver, prices range go from as low as $474 for just liability coverage to the much higher price of $3,106 for high-risk insurance.
These differences highlight why everyone should compare prices for a specific zip code and risk profile, instead of using average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2018 Acura ILX Insurance
Trying to find better insurance coverage rates for your Acura ILX? Pricey Acura ILX insurance can drain your family’s budget and maybe even restrict other spending. Performing a rate comparison is a fast and free way to ensure you are getting the best deal.
Numerous insurance companies battle for your hard-earned dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare car insurance companies and get the definite lowest price
You should take the time to compare rates quite often because rates trend upward over time. Just because you found the best rate on ILX insurance last year other companies may now be cheaper. Forget all the misinformation about insurance coverage because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to how to quote online to find great coverage at a great price.
If you currently have car insurance, you stand a good chance to be able to save some money using this strategy. Finding affordable coverage is quite easy. But vehicle owners benefit from understanding how big insurance companies market on the web.
The quickest method to compare car insurance company rates is to know most larger insurance companies provide online access to quote your coverage. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is give the companies some data such as coverage limits, how many miles driven, how old drivers are, and if you’re married. Those rating factors gets transmitted to many of the top insurers and they return rate quotes instantly.
To compare rates now, click here and find out if lower rates are available.
Get lower-cost car insurance with discounts
Not too many consumers would say car insurance is affordable, but you might be missing out on some discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain reductions will be credited at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be specially asked for in order for you to get them. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying coverage for several vehicles with one company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers who agree to allow their company to monitor driving patterns remotely such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate may get a rate reduction if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving less can qualify you for better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but a few companies such as GEICO and Liberty Mutual will allow you to have one accident before they charge you more for coverage with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used car can be considerably cheaper because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Bundle and Save – If you can bundle your auto and home insurance with one insurance company you will save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Discount for Good Grades – Being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Large car insurance companies and their possible discounts are:
- State Farm has discounts for anti-theft, student away at school, defensive driving training, multiple policy, good driver, good student, and safe vehicle.
- Esurance policyholders can earn discounts including Pac-12 alumni, DriveSense, defensive driver, online shopper, paid-in-full, homeowner, and good student.
- Progressive has savings for homeowner, multi-policy, online quote discount, online signing, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for newly married, exclusive group savings, safety features, new vehicle discount, new graduate, and multi-policy.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including anti-theft, student away at school, paid in full, mature driver, and safe driver.
- GEICO offers discounts for military active duty, air bags, five-year accident-free, defensive driver, and anti-lock brakes.
When comparing rates, check with each company or agent which discounts they offer. Some discounts listed above may not be offered in your area. If you would like to view companies that offer discounts, click here.
Tailor your insurance coverage coverage to you
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different so this has to be addressed. These are some specific questions could help you determine if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Is my 2018 Acura ILX covered for flood damage?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Why informed consumers pay less for Acura ILX insurance
Many things are considered when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are more obscure such as your marital status and annual miles driven.It’s important that you understand the factors that help calculate the price you pay for insurance. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that may reward you with cheaper rates.
- Your employer and insurance rates – Careers like lawyersairline pilots and medical professionals tend to pay higher premium rates attributed to high stress levels and long work days. Conversely, careers such as actors, historians and performers get better rates on ILX insurance.
- Prevent theft and save – Choosing to buy a car with an alarm system can get you a discount on your insurance. Anti-theft features such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all help prevent auto theft.
- You might pay higher prices if you are single – Having a spouse may earn you lower rates compared to being single. It may mean you are more mature than a single person and it’s proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Raise physical damage deductibles and save – Physical damage coverage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some examples of covered claims could be collision with another vehicle, hail damage, or theft. Deductibles for physical damage define how much you are willing to pay if a covered claim is submitted. The higher the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be on ILX insurance.
Coverages available on your policy
Having a good grasp of your policy can help you determine the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Listed below are the usual coverages found on most auto insurance policies.
Coverage for medical expenses
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for expenses such as chiropractic care, nursing services and surgery. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive auto insurance
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like hitting a bird, a broken windshield, hail damage, fire damage and damage from getting keyed. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your ILX resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for claims such as hitting a parking meter, backing into a parked car, rolling your car, crashing into a building and driving through your garage door. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Liability car insurance
Liability coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other people or property. It protects you from legal claims by others. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have values of 25/50/25 which means a limit of $25,000 per injured person, $50,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Another option is a combined limit which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as loss of income, pain and suffering, legal defense fees, repair costs for stationary objects and attorney fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Acura ILX.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is very important. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Make a quick buck
As you restructure your insurance plan, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, drivers have reduced collision coverage only to regret they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
More affordable auto insurance can be found both online and from local agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers don’t offer rates over the internet and many times these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,268|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,454|
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$106|
|5-yr Claim Free||$93|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$66|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.