Cheapest 2018 Audi SQ5 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 6, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Did a good deal on your 2018 Audi SQ5 car insurance rates turn out to be an overpriced car insurance policy? It’s a common feeling and there are lots of residents who feel the same. Insurance companies such as State Farm, Allstate, GEICO, and Progressive continually hit you with TV and radio ads and it is difficult to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and find the best price available.
It’s a good idea to compare premium rates before your policy renews since prices change frequently. Just because you found the best quotes for SQ5 insurance six months ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. You can search a lot of car insurance out there, but in this article, you’re going to get some tested techniques to quit paying high 2018 Audi SQ5 car insurance rates.
Insurance Discounts Are Available to Lower Your Rates
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there may be some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Most are applied when you quote, but some may not be applied and must be asked about prior to getting the savings.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Seniors can possibly qualify for a small discount on rates for SQ5 insurance.
- Seat Belt Usage – Forcing all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt could save 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Having all your vehicles with the same company qualifies for this discount.
- Membership in Organizations – Joining a civic or occupational organization is a simple method to lower premiums when shopping for insurance.
- Driver Education Discount – Teen drivers should complete a driver education course in school.
- Own a Home – Owning your own home or condo may trigger a policy discount on insurance because it is proof of financial responsibility.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Data Collection Discounts – Drivers who elect to allow their company to monitor driving habits by using a telematics device such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system may see discounts as long as they are good drivers.
- Good Student Discount – Excelling in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates for SQ5 insurance than drivers with accident claims.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply the whole policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
A list of companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are outlined below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including daytime running lights, membership and employees, defensive driver, military active duty, and driver training.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for a defensive driver, accident-free, good student, claim-free, multi-policy, and good driver.
- State Farm offers discounts for a good student, good driver, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, driver’s education, and student away at school.
- Progressive offers discounts including homeowner, online signing, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and a good student.
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for low natural disaster claims, multi-policy, ease of repair, accident-free, and anti-theft.
- 21st Century includes discounts for a student driver, driver training, homeowners, good student, automatic seat belts, and anti-lock brakes.
- Allstate may offer discounts for early signing, senior citizen, utility vehicle, defensive driver, and premier plus.
Check with each company to which credits you are entitled. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered in your state.
The best way we recommend to compare policy rates is to know most insurance companies participate in online systems to give you rate quotes. All you need to do is take a few minutes to give details like how many schools you completed, the ages of the drivers, if it has an anti-theft system, and the type of vehicles you drive. The data is instantly provided to all major companies and you will get price comparisons quickly.
How to Lower Your 2018 Audi SQ5 Car Insurance Rates
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are less obvious such as your marital status or how safe your car is. When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand some of the things that go into determining the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get lower premium levels.
The items below are some of the most rate-impacting factors companies use to determine your premiums.
- What are your deductibles? – Physical damage deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. Coverage for physical damage, aka comp and collision, covers damage that occurs to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be rear-ending another vehicle, damage caused by hail, and damage from wind. The higher the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the less your auto insurance will be for SQ5 insurance.
- Deter theft and pay less – Choosing a vehicle with a theft-deterrent system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar, and LoJack tracking systems all hinder car theft and help bring rates down.
- Liability protection claims can be big – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage kicks in if ever you are found to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. This coverage provides for a legal defense starting from day one. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Fewer miles means better premiums – The more miles you rack up on your Audi annually the higher the price you pay to insure it. A lot of companies calculate prices based on how the vehicle is used. Autos not used for work or commuting receive better premium rates than cars that get driven a lot. Having the wrong rating on your SQ5 may be costing you. It’s always a good idea to double-check that your declarations sheet is rated on the right rating data because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Single drivers may get higher prices – Being married may earn you lower rates compared to being single. It generally demonstrates drivers are more mature than a single person and statistics prove being married results in fewer claims.
Everyone Needs Different Insurance Coverages
When choosing adequate coverage, there really is no cookie-cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your policy should reflect that. For instance, these questions can aid in determining if your situation may require specific advice.
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Insurance Coverage Specifics
Having a good grasp of your insurance policy can help you determine the appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are the usual coverages offered by insurance companies.
Collision insurance covers damage to your SQ5 from colliding with a stationary object or another vehicle. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things such as hitting a parking meter, damaging your car on a curb, and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. You can also raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from flooding, damage from getting keyed, and a broken windshield. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
This coverage protects you from damage that occurs to people or other property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident, and property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 25/50/25 that translate to a limit of $25,000 per injured person, $50,000 for the entire accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per-person basis.
Liability coverage pays for things such as structural damage, medical services, loss of income, medical expenses, and legal defense fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Audi SQ5.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Most of the time these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Coverage for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for expenses like nursing services, X-ray expenses, doctor visits, surgery, and pain medications. They are often used to fill the gap in your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers both the driver and occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
More Savings on 2018 Audi SQ5 Car Insurance Rates
Lower-priced 2018 Audi SQ5 insurance can be purchased from both online companies as well as from independent agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who do not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
We just presented a lot of information on how to reduce 2018 Audi SQ5 car insurance rates online. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers could even find that the lowest car insurance rates come from some of the smallest insurance companies. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
Even more information is located in the articles below:
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area