Compare 2018 Dodge Charger Insurance Cost
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 22, 2019
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find the cheapest insurance rates for your Dodge Charger? Comparison shopping for cheap Driversinsurance can be slightly frustrating for beginners to online insurance quotes. Drivers have so many options available that it can turn into a difficult situation to find the best coverage rates.
It’s smart to get comparison quotes on a regular basis because prices go up and down regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rate for Charger coverage six months ago a different company probably has better premium rates today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because you’re about to learn the quickest way to find better coverage at a better price.
Choosing the best insurance company for you is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you are paying for car insurance now, you will be able to cut costs considerably using these methods. But car owners do need to know the way insurance companies sell insurance online and use this information to your advantage.
Do you qualify for discount auto insurance?
Not too many consumers would say auto insurance is affordable, but you may find discounts that may help make it more affordable. Some discounts will apply when you quote, but some discounts are required to be specifically requested prior to getting the savings. If you are not receiving all the discounts you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home can get you a discount because owning a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Organization Discounts – Being in qualifying employment or professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your policy.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking time to complete a defensive driving course could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Student Driver Training – Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course in high school.
- Accident Waiver – Not a discount per se, but companies like GEICO, Allstate and Liberty Mutual will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a set time period.
Please keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
The best auto insurance companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- Progressive includes discounts for online quote discount, multi-policy, homeowner, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for distant student, switch companies, good student, youthful driver, and early shopping.
- Farm Bureau discounts include driver training, multi-policy, youthful driver, multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, and renewal discount.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and multiple policy.
- GEICO offers discounts including driver training, good student, anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, federal employee, and anti-theft.
- SAFECO has savings for homeowner, teen safe driver, anti-theft, bundle discounts, drive less, teen safety rewards, and anti-lock brakes.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for hybrid vehicle, good student, multi-car, safety features, new move discount, newly married, and new graduate.
When quoting, ask every prospective company how you can save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply in your area.
Cheapest car insurance quotes
All major car insurance companies such as State Farm and Allstate give coverage price quotes online. Getting online rates is fairly simple as you just enter your coverage preferences into a form. Once you submit the form, their rating system will order your driving and credit reports and returns a price quote.
Online price estimates makes comparing rates easy, but the time required to go to different websites and enter the same data into a form is monotonous and tiresome. But it’s also necessary to compare as many rates as possible in order to get a lower rate.
The smarter way to compare car insurance pricing uses just one form that obtains quotes from a bunch of companies at once. This type of form saves time, eliminates repetitive work, and makes quoting online much more enjoyable. As soon as you send your information, it gets priced and you can choose any or none of the quote results. If the quotes result in lower rates, you simply finish the application and buy the policy. The whole process just takes a couple of minutes and you will find out if you’re overpaying now.
To quickly use this form to compare rates, click here to open in a new tab and submit your coverage information. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend that you enter the insurance coverages as close as possible to your current policy. This helps ensure you will receive rate comparison quotes for the exact same coverage.
Why you might pay higher rates
Many things are considered when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, but some are not as apparent such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
The itemized list below are a few of the “ingredients” used by your company to calculate your rates.
- Employer and insurance prices – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Occupations like real estate brokerspolice officers and miners usually pay higher average rates attributed to intense work situations and lots of time spent at work. Other careers like farmers, historians and the unemployed have the lowest average rates for Charger coverage.
- Vehicles with better crash test results means lower rates – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Safer cars help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and lower rates of occupant injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and lower rates for you.
- Don’t get traffic citations – Drivers with clean records pay less for auto insurance as compared to those with violations. Just one speeding ticket or other violation may cause rates to rise twenty percent or more. Drivers who have severe tickets like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding might be required by their state to maintain a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
- Frequent claims increase premiums – Insurance companies provide most affordable rates to drivers who file claims infrequently. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can expect higher rates. Insurance coverage is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- High deductibles reduce prices – Physical damage protection, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your Dodge. A few examples of covered claims are a windshield shattered by a rock, damage from fire, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Comp and collision deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a covered claim is submitted. The higher the amount you’re willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance for Charger coverage.
- Amount of liability – The liability coverage on your policy provides coverage when a court rules you are at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability is cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should carry high limits.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
What insurance coverages do I need?
When buying the best car insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
These are some specific questions may help you determine whether your personal situation will benefit from professional help.
- What is PIP insurance?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Can you really save if you switch?
Popular insurance providers such as State Farm and Allstate regularly use television, radio, and online ads. All the ads advertise the message about saving some big amount if you get a free car insurance quote and switch your coverage to them. But how can every company sell you cheaper insurance coverage? It’s all in the wording.
Insurance companies require specific criteria for the type of insured that makes them money. One example of a profitable customer may be a married female, has a clean driving record, and drives a lower-performance vehicle. Any person that fits those parameters may get the lowest rates and have a good chance to save if they switch.
Consumers who may not quite match this stringent profile will be quoted a more expensive rate and the customer not buying. The ads state “drivers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save the amount stated. This is how insurance companies can confidently make claims like that. Because every company is different, it is so important to compare many company’s car insurance rates. It is impossible to predict with any certainty which company will be your best fit.
Having a good grasp of your insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need for your vehicles. Insurance terms can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
Comprehensive insurance – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as fire damage, damage from getting keyed, damage from a tornado or hurricane, theft and hitting a bird. The maximum payout your insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for expenses like EMT expenses, hospital visits, rehabilitation expenses and funeral costs. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers both the driver and occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Liability car insurance – Liability coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property by causing an accident. It protects YOU from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 100/300/100 that means you have a limit of $100,000 per injured person, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for claims like pain and suffering, legal defense fees, court costs, repair costs for stationary objects and loss of income. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
Collision – This covers damage to your Charger resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against claims like backing into a parked car, damaging your car on a curb and driving through your garage door. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
More comparisons equals lower rates
Some companies do not provide online quoting and many times these regional carriers sell through independent insurance agents. Cheaper insurance coverage is possible on the web and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection.
While you’re price shopping online, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to save on 2018 Dodge Charger insurance. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may discover the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies.
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area