Cheapest 2018 Ford Focus RS Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 6, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Are you irritated from scraping the payment together to insure your Ford every month? You are in the same boat as many other drivers. Multiple car insurance companies compete for your business, so it can be very hard to choose a company and get the definite best rates possible.
Consumers need to price shop coverage occasionally because insurance prices fluctuate regularly. Just because you found the best rates on Focus RS insurance on your last policy you will most likely find a better rate quote today. There is too much inaccurate information about insurance online but in just a couple of minutes you can learn the easiest ways to quit paying high insurance rates.
If you have a policy now or are just looking to switch companies, you can use these tips to get lower rates and still get good coverage. Finding affordable coverage is not that difficult. Drivers just need to understand the proper way to find the lowest price online.
Get affordable rates by applying discounts
Some insurance providers don’t necessarily list all disounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious ways to save on insurance coverage.
- Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government can earn a discount up to 10% on Focus RS insurance but check with your company.
- Responsible Driver Discount – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates on Focus RS insurance than their less cautious counterparts.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not a discount per se, but some companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm will forgive one accident before your rates go up with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to the accident.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles could earn lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay less in comparison to accident-prone drivers.
- Driver Education Discount – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them complete a driver education course in school.
- Membership in Organizations – Having an affiliation with a civic or occupational organization can get you a small discount on your policy.
- Good Students Pay Less – Being a good student may save as much as 25% on a insurance quote. The good student discount can last until age 25.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Some of the insurance companies who might offer these benefits include:
- State Farm
- American Family
- Mercury Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
If you want cheaper insurance quotes, ask all the companies which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area.
How to compare insurance rate quotes
Getting a more affordable price on 2018 Ford Focus RS insurance can be relatively painless. Drivers just need to spend a few minutes on the computer comparing free insurance quotes to find out which insurance company has inexpensive insurance quotes. Price comparisons can be done in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The recommended way to get quotes for comparison is to use a rate comparison form like this one (opens in new window). This type of form keeps you from doing repetitive form entry for every company. In just a few minutes this one form will return quotes from multiple low-cost companies.
- A more time consuming way to analyze rates consists of going to each company’s website and fill out their own quote form. For instance, we’ll pretend you want to view quotes from Allstate, 21st Century and GEICO. To get each rate you have to navigate to each company’s site and repeatedly enter your information, which is why first method is reommended. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
- The hardest way to get comparison rates is actually driving to different agent offices. Comparing online rate quotes has reduced the need for local agents unless you’re the type of person who wants the professional abilities that only an agent can give. Some companies do allow you to price shop online but have a local agent actually write the policy.
It’s up to you which method you use, but be sure to compare the exact same coverage limits and deductibles for every quote you compare. If the quotes have different limits and deductibles on each one you can’t possibly make an equal comparison.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Your insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s needs are different so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- If my 2018 Ford Focus RS is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- How high should deductibles be on a 2018 Ford Focus RS?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Auto insurance coverages 101
Understanding the coverages of auto insurance can help you determine appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are the normal coverages found on the average auto insurance policy.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your 2018 Ford Focus RS.
Since many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked. Frequently these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for immediate expenses for things like rehabilitation expenses, funeral costs and EMT expenses. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Collision coverage protection
This coverage covers damage to your Focus RS resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things such as scraping a guard rail, rolling your car, sideswiping another vehicle and hitting a mailbox. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Liability insurance will cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property in an accident. It protects YOU from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show liability limits of 100/300/100 that means you have $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and property damage coverage for $100,000. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability can pay for things like bail bonds, structural damage, loss of income, emergency aid and attorney fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
Comprehensive insurance covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as damage from getting keyed, hitting a deer and theft. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
More choices the merrier
In this article, we covered some good ideas how to get a better price on 2018 Ford Focus RS insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting cheaper insurance. You may even find the best price on insurance coverage is with the least-expected company. Smaller companies often have lower rates on specific markets compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your focus should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Insitute)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest insurance rates for my 2018 Ford Focus RS?
To find the cheapest insurance rates for your 2018 Ford Focus RS, you can use the free quote tool available on our website. Enter your ZIP code to compare quotes from different insurance companies. The more quotes you compare, the better chances you have of finding lower rates.
Are all insurance discounts listed by insurance providers?
No, some insurance providers may not list all available discounts in an easily accessible manner. It’s important to ask the insurance companies directly about the discounts you may be eligible for. Certain discounts may not apply in your specific area.
How can I compare insurance rate quotes?
Comparing insurance rate quotes is relatively easy. You can spend a few minutes on the computer and compare free insurance quotes from different companies. It’s crucial to compare quotes with the same coverage limits and deductibles for an accurate comparison.
How do I know what insurance coverage is right for me?
The right insurance coverage varies for each individual. To determine the appropriate coverage for your needs, you can consider factors such as your budget, the value of your car, and your personal circumstances. If you’re unsure, it may be helpful to consult a licensed insurance agent for guidance.
What are the different coverages included in auto insurance policies?
Auto insurance policies typically include various coverages. Some common ones are:
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage: Protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when you’re involved in an accident with a driver who is uninsured or underinsured.
- Medical payments coverage and Personal Injury Protection (PIP): Cover immediate medical expenses for injuries sustained in an accident.
- Collision coverage: Covers damage to your vehicle resulting from a collision with another vehicle or object.
- Liability coverage: Protects you from claims made by other people for injuries or damage caused by you in an accident.
- Comprehensive coverage: Covers damage to your vehicle not caused by a collision, such as theft or vandalism.
Should I choose the cheapest insurance coverage available?
It’s not advisable to choose the cheapest insurance coverage solely based on price. While affordability is important, it’s crucial to ensure that you have adequate coverage to protect yourself and your assets. Cutting corners on coverage limits may lead to financial difficulties in the event of an accident.
How can I get a better price on insurance for my 2018 Ford Focus RS?
To get a better price on insurance for your 2018 Ford Focus RS, it’s recommended to obtain multiple quotes from different insurance companies. You may discover that smaller companies offer competitive rates for specific markets. However, it’s important to balance cost with sufficient coverage to protect your assets.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area