Cheapest 2017 Ford Focus ST Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 6, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Overwhelmed by the sheer number of insurance providers in your area? Vehicle owners have so many options that it can turn into a difficult mission to compare insurance rates.
How to get free insurance coverage quotes online
To get cheap car insurance quotes, there a variety of ways of comparing rates from companies that offer insurance coverage in your state. The easiest way to find the lowest Ford Focus ST rates is to perform an online rate comparison. It is quite easy and can be accomplished by using one of the methods below.
- Without a doubt, the easiest way to compare a lot of rates at once would be an industry-wide quote request form click to view form in new window. This quick form prevents you from having to do a different quote to each individual insurance coverage company. One quote request gets you price quotes from multiple low-cost companies.It’s the quickest way to get rates.
- A more difficult way to shop for insurance coverage online requires a visit to the website of each company and repeat the quote process. For sake of this example, let’s say you want to compare rates from Allstate, Esurance and Travelers. In order to compare rates, you need to spend time going to each site individually to enter the same coverage data repeatedly, and that’s why the first method is more popular. To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
- The hardest method to comparison shop rate quotes is to spend time driving to and from local insurance agencies. Shopping for insurance coverage online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you’re the type of person who wants the trained advice of a licensed agent. Some companies do allow you to price shop online but have your policy serviced through an agent.
You can choose any of those ways to find more affodable coverage, but make sure you are using identical deductibles and coverage limits on every quote you get. If you are comparing different deductibles it will be next to impossible to decipher which rate is best. Just a small difference in insurance coverages can result in a big premium difference. And when quoting insurance coverage, remember that comparing a large number of companies will increase your chances of finding the best offered rates. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide online quotes, so it’s important to compare price estimates on coverage from those companies, too.
Don’t overlook these car insurance discounts
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but you may qualify for discounts to cut the cost considerably. Many discounts should be triggered at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Student in College – Kids who live away from home at college and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking a safe driver class could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% on Focus ST coverage with select insurance companies.
- E-sign – Many insurance companies will give a small break shop car insurance on the internet.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company they may give you a discount of up to 20% off your total premium.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply the whole policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
Companies and the discounts they provide are detailed below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include accident-free, driver’s education, student away at school, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and Drive Safe & Save.
- GEICO has savings for multi-vehicle, good student, federal employee, membership and employees, daytime running lights, and defensive driver.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including good payer, multi-policy, 55 and retired, safe driver, new car, senior citizen, and teenSMART discount.
- SAFECO may include discounts for safe driver, accident prevention training, drive less, teen safe driver, multi-car, and anti-lock brakes.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for 55 and retired, driver training, multi-vehicle, renewal discount, youthful driver, and multi-policy.
- Progressive offers discounts including online quote discount, good student, multi-vehicle, online signing, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
- AAA includes discounts for AAA membership discount, good driver, anti-theft, good student, and multi-car.
When comparing rates, check with every insurance company to give you their best rates. Some credits might not be offered in your area.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Why smart buyers pay less for Ford Focus ST insurance
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that are used to determine the price you pay for car insurance. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that may reward you with lower premium levels.
- Costs are affected by your address – Residing in a small town is a good thing when trying to find low car insurance rates. Residents of big cities have to deal with more auto accidents and a longer drive to work. Fewer people translates into fewer accidents.
- Get married and pay less – Having a significant other can get you a discount on your car insurance bill. Having a significant other generally demonstrates drivers are more mature than a single person and statistics prove married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Do you know your deductibles? – Physical damage insurance, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Some examples of covered claims would be collision with another vehicle, flood damage, and rolling your vehicle. Physical damage deductibles define the amount the insured will be required to pay if you file a covered claim. The more money you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be on Focus ST coverage.
- Vehicles with better crash test results cost less to insure – Vehicles that have high safety ratings cost less to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies passed on to you as lower rates.
- Car insurance policy lapses increase premiums – Going without insurance will be a fast way to increase your car insurance rates. And not only will your rates increase, not being able to provide proof of insurance might get you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You will then be forced to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with your state DMV.
- Tickets inflate prices – Your driving citation history has a huge affect on how much you pay. Good drivers receive lower rates than their less careful counterparts. Only having one driving citation can increase rates by as much as twenty percent. Drivers unfortunate enough to have severe violations like DUI or willful reckless driving are required to maintain a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive.
- Save money by eliminating extra coverages – There are a lot of extra coverages that may not really be needed if you aren’t careful. Insurance for personal injury protection, better glass coverage, and additional equipment coverage could be just wasting money. These coverages may sound good at first, but if you’ve never needed them in the past consider taking them off your policy.
When to get professional advice
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For example, these questions might help in determining if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- How much liability coverage do I need in my state?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my 2017 Ford Focus ST?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.
Are insurance coverage companies telling the truth?
Companies like Allstate and Progressive constantly bombard you with ads on television and other media. They all advertise claims that you can save if you get a free car insurance quote and switch your coverage to them. That’s great but how can every company offer drivers better rates? Here is the trick they use.
Insurance providers look for specific characteristics for the type of insured that will most likely be profitable. One example of a driver they prefer might be between the ages of 30 and 45, has no claims, and the vehicle is rated for pleasure use. A customer who matches that profile gets the lowest car insurance rates and is almost guaranteed to cut their rates substantially.
Potential customers who cannot meet those standards will have to pay more expensive rates and this can result in the customer not purchasing. If you pay attention, the ads say “drivers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save the amount stated. That’s why insurance companies can confidently make claims like that.
That is why you really should get as many free car insurance quotes as possible. It’s just not possible to know which company will provide the lowest premium rates.
Auto insurance coverage information
Learning about specific coverages of auto insurance can be of help when determining appropriate coverage for your vehicles. Auto insurance terms can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
Liability coverage – This will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 100/300/100 which stand for $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Occasionally you may see a combined limit which provides one coverage limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers things such as funeral expenses, pain and suffering, attorney fees and repair costs for stationary objects. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers – This coverage provides protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked. Normally the UM/UIM limits do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Collision coverages – Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Focus ST caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things like colliding with a tree, hitting a parking meter, sustaining damage from a pot hole, colliding with another moving vehicle and driving through your garage door. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Medical expense insurance – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for short-term medical expenses such as nursing services, funeral costs and rehabilitation expenses. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) – This will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like damage from a tornado or hurricane, fire damage and falling objects. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Make a quick buck
People who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including policy non-renewal, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, unfair underwriting practices or even high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching car insurance companies can be less work than you think.
Some insurance providers do not provide online quoting small insurance companies sell through independent agents. Cheaper car insurance can be found online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis.
As you restructure your insurance plan, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed full coverage and learned later that they should have had better coverage. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Additional car insurance information is located at the links below
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Focus in Arlington? (ArlingtonCoverage.com)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I get free insurance coverage quotes online?
To get free insurance coverage quotes online, you can use various methods to compare rates from different companies. The easiest way is to perform an online rate comparison. Make sure you use identical deductibles and coverage limits for each quote to accurately compare rates.
Are there any car insurance discounts I shouldn’t overlook?
Yes, there are several car insurance discounts that can help you reduce the cost. While some discounts are automatically applied when you request a quote, others may require specific requests. Keep in mind that most discounts only apply to specific coverage types and may not apply to your entire policy.
Why do smart buyers pay less for Ford Focus ST insurance?
Smart buyers pay less for Ford Focus ST insurance because they have a good understanding of the factors that influence their premium rates. By being aware of these factors, they can make informed choices that lead to lower premiums.
When should I seek professional advice for choosing insurance coverage?
Choosing insurance coverage depends on your specific needs, and there isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan that fits everyone. If you’re unsure about your coverage needs or have specific questions, it may be beneficial to seek advice from an insurance agent who can provide personalized guidance.
How do insurance companies determine their rates, and can I trust their claims?
Insurance companies determine rates based on various factors and risk assessments. They target specific characteristics that make certain types of insured individuals more profitable. However, it’s essential to compare quotes from multiple insurance companies to find the best premium rates for your specific circumstances. Be cautious of claims made by insurance providers in advertisements, as they may not apply to everyone and could be based on specific driver profiles.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area