2018 Jaguar XJ Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 1, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2018 Jaguar XJ are $1,838 a year including full coverage. Comprehensive insurance costs around $414 each year, collision insurance costs $836, and liability insurance costs around $430. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $486 a year, and high-risk insurance costs $4,006 or more. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at up to $6,666 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,838
Rate estimates for 2018 Jaguar XJ Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2018 Jaguar XJ models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For the average driver, prices range range from as low as $486 for a discount liability-only rate to a high rate of $4,006 for a driver that may need high-risk insurance.
These differences highlight why all drivers should compare prices for a specific zip code and risk profile, rather than relying on average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2018 Jaguar XJ Insurance
Searching for low-cost insurance for a new or used Jaguar XJ can normally be difficult, but you can use the following methods to make it easier. There is a better way to shop for insurance so we’re going to tell you the absolute fastest way to compare rates on a Jaguar and locate the best price possible from local insurance agents and online providers.
How insurers determine Jaguar XJ insurance premiums
Part of the insurance coverage buying process is learning some of the elements that go into determining your premiums. When you understand what influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you better insurance coverage rates. Many different elements are used when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but other factors are more transparent like where you live or your financial responsibility.
Listed below are most of the major factors insurance coverage companies consider when setting your premiums.
- Too many claims will drive prices up – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can look forward to either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance companies give better rates to policyholders who are claim-free. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
- Does your occupation raise your rates? – Careers such as military generals, executives and stock brokers generally pay higher average rates attributed to job stress and lots of time spent at work. Conversely, jobs such as professors, engineers and homemakers generally pay rates lower than average on XJ insurance.
- Cheaper to insure women? – Statistics demonstrate that females take fewer risks when driving. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Males and females cause accidents at a similar rate, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. Not only that, but men also get ticketed for serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 tend to get in the most accidents so it costs more to insure them.
- Your address can modify premiums – Living in a rural area has definite advantages when it comes to insurance coverage. Drivers in populated areas have to deal with more aggressive driving styles and more time behind the wheel. Lower population translates into fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Compare rates if you bundle your policies – Most insurers apply better rates to policyholders that have more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can be five, ten or even twenty percent. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to check prices from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal.
Lower rate quotes with discounts
Some insurers do not list every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down a few of the more well known and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using when you buy insurance coverage online.
- Full Payment Discount – If you can afford to pay the entire bill as opposed to paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one is not really a discount per se, but some insurance companies may permit one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims for a specific time period.
- Membership in Organizations – Being in qualifying clubs or civic groups is a good way to get lower rates on your next renewal.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Safe drivers may save up to 50% more on XJ insurance than drivers with accidents.
- Own a Home and Save – Being a homeowner can save a few bucks because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies give discounts for renewing your policy before your current policy expires. It could save around 10% when you buy insurance coverage online.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple cars on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Active Military Service – Being on active duty in the military could trigger a small discount.
One last thing about discounts, some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, that’s just not realistic.
Insurance companies that may include these benefits may include but are not limited to:
If you are trying to find inexpensive insurance coverage quotes, ask every company to apply every possible discount. Some discounts might not apply in your area.
Can you really save $452 a year?
Consumers can’t escape the ads that claim the best car insurance rates by Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. They all seem to convey the message about savings if you switch to their company.
Is it even possible that every company can claim to save you money? It’s all in the wording.
Companies have an ideal profile for the type of customer that makes them money. One example of a profitable insured might be described as over the age of 40, has never had a claim, and does not commute to work. A customer getting a price quote who fits those characteristics will probably get the lowest premium rates and have a good chance to save money with a new company.
Potential customers who fall outside these criteria will probably have to pay higher prices and this results in business going elsewhere. The ads state “drivers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” can save as much as they claim. That’s the way insurance companies can confidently state the savings. Because of these techniques, you need to compare price quotes frequently. Because without a comparison, you cannot know which insurance companies will have the best premium rates for your profile.
What is the best insurance coverage?
When it comes to choosing the best insurance coverage for your vehicles, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions might point out whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete your zip code. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Detailed coverages of your auto insurance policy
Learning about specific coverages of auto insurance helps when choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Jaguar XJ.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Auto liability insurance
Liability insurance can cover damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers claims such as bail bonds, medical services, repair costs for stationary objects, pain and suffering and emergency aid. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
This will pay to fix damage to your XJ caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things such as crashing into a ditch, hitting a parking meter, scraping a guard rail, damaging your car on a curb and crashing into a building. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like hitting a deer, hail damage and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum payout a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical expense coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for immediate expenses for things like pain medications, chiropractic care, funeral costs and hospital visits. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Knowledge is power
You just read a lot of information how to save on 2018 Jaguar XJ insurance. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the best car insurance rates are with a smaller regional carrier.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as not issuing a premium refund, delays in responding to claim requests, extreme rates for teen drivers and even being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies can be less work than you think.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,904|
|Los Angeles, CA||$3,141|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$147|
|5-yr Claim Free||$122|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$92|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.