Cheapest 2018 Jeep Cherokee Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 6, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Have you fallen victim to overpriced insurance coverage? Believe me, there are lots of people in the same boat. Consumers have many car insurance companies to insure vehicles with, and even though it’s nice to have multiple companies, too many choices makes it more difficult to get the best deal.
First Step: Get free insurance coverage quotes
There are a lot of ways to compare insurance coverage prices but one way is less labor-intensive and much quicker. You can waste hours talking about coverages with local insurance agents in your area, or you can utilize online quoting for quick rates.
Most of the best insurance companies are enrolled in a marketplace that enables customers to submit their information once, and at least one company returns a rated price based on the submitted data. This eliminates the need for quotation requests to every company.
To use this form to compare rates click here to open in new window.
The only drawback to doing it this way is buyers cannot specifically choose which providers to get pricing from. If you prefer to choose from a list of companies for rate comparison, we put together a list of the cheapest insurance coverage companies in your area. View list of insurance companies.
However you get your quotes, ensure you’re using equivalent coverage limits and deductibles on every quote. If you compare mixed coverages you can’t possibly make a fair rate comparison.
Discounts for lower-cost car insurance rates
Some insurers don’t always advertise all their discounts very clearly, so here is a list a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to you.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers who stay claim-free are rewarded with significantly better rates on car insurance quote in comparison to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up can save 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or retired federal employment can save as much as 8% for Cherokee coverage but check with your company.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to scrutinize vehicle usage remotely such as Progressive’s Snapshot might get better premium rates if they show good driving skills.
- One Accident Forgiven – but companies like GEICO and Allstate will turn a blind eye to one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if your claims history is clear prior to being involved in the accident.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Save over 55 – Older drivers may be able to get a small discount on rates for Cherokee coverage.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to participate in a local driver’s education class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
You should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way. But any discount will definitely lower the cost of your policy.
If you would like to choose from a list of companies that offer multiple discounts, click here.
You may need specialized car insurance coverage
When buying adequate coverage, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Every situation is different so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions might help in determining whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Is my Jeep Cherokee covered if I use it for business?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If you can’t answer these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Auto insurance coverages
Knowing the specifics of your auto insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Below you’ll find the normal coverages found on the average auto insurance policy.
Comprehensive auto coverage – Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as theft, damage from flooding and hail damage. The maximum payout your auto insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and damage to your 2018 Jeep Cherokee.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Liability car insurance – Liability insurance provides protection from damage that occurs to other people or property in an accident. It protects YOU against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see values of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things such as loss of income, pain and suffering, structural damage and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Collision coverages – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as colliding with a tree, scraping a guard rail, colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a building and rolling your car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for bills such as funeral costs, rehabilitation expenses and ambulance fees. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
More comparisons equals lower rates
When shopping online for auto insurance, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where an insured cut physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
Discount 2018 Jeep Cherokee insurance is attainable online as well as from independent agents, so get free car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not offer rate quotes online and these smaller companies work with independent agencies.
We’ve covered many ideas to get a better price on 2018 Jeep Cherokee insurance. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest car insurance rates come from the smaller companies. These companies often have lower premium rates on specific markets compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
For more information, feel free to visit the articles below:
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I ensure I have the best auto insurance coverage for my 2018 Jeep Cherokee?
To ensure you have the best auto insurance coverage for your 2018 Jeep Cherokee, it’s important to:
- Compare quotes from multiple insurance companies to find competitive rates.
- Review the coverage options and limits offered by each insurer.
- Consider your specific needs and circumstances, such as your driving habits, usage of the vehicle, and financial situation.
- Assess the insurer’s reputation for customer service, claims handling, and financial stability.
- Seek advice from a licensed insurance agent to address any concerns or questions you may have.
Can I get insurance coverage for my 2018 Jeep Cherokee if I have a DUI or need an SR-22?
If you have a DUI conviction or require an SR-22 filing, it may affect your ability to obtain insurance coverage. However, there are insurance companies that specialize in providing coverage for drivers with these circumstances. It’s recommended to seek out insurers who offer DUI or SR-22 insurance and compare quotes to find the most suitable and affordable option for your 2018 Jeep Cherokee.
Are there additional coverages or endorsements I might need for my 2018 Jeep Cherokee?
Depending on your needs and circumstances, you may require additional coverages or endorsements for your 2018 Jeep Cherokee. Some common options include:
- Rental Car Reimbursement: This coverage helps cover the cost of a rental car while your Jeep Cherokee is being repaired after an accident.
- Roadside Assistance: This coverage provides assistance in case of breakdowns, flat tires, or other roadside emergencies.
- Gap Insurance: If you’re financing or leasing your Jeep Cherokee, gap insurance covers the difference between the vehicle’s actual cash value and the amount you owe if it’s totaled.
- Extended Warranty: An extended warranty can provide coverage for repairs or replacements beyond the original manufacturer’s warranty.
How can I find an insurance agent to discuss my car insurance needs?
If you have specific questions about your car insurance or prefer personalized advice, you can reach out to a licensed insurance agent in your area. You can complete a short form or access online directories to find agents near you. Speaking with an agent can help you understand your coverage options better and ensure you’re adequately protected.
Should I sacrifice coverage to reduce my auto insurance premiums?
While it may be tempting to reduce coverage to lower your premiums, it’s generally not recommended. Cutting essential coverage could leave you financially vulnerable in the event of an accident or other damages. It’s crucial to strike a balance between affordable premiums and adequate coverage. Comparing quotes from different insurers can help you find a reasonably priced policy that still offers the necessary coverage.
How can I get a free auto insurance comparison for my 2018 Jeep Cherokee?
To get a free auto insurance comparison, you can enter your ZIP code into online platforms that provide quotes from multiple insurance companies. These platforms allow you to compare rates and coverage options easily. By comparing multiple quotes, you can find the best insurance rates for your 2018 Jeep Cherokee.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area