Cheapest 2018 Kia Niro Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Sep 2, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want the cheapest insurance rates for your Kia Niro? Have you finally had enough of wondering where the money will come from to keep your car insured? Your situation is no different than most other people.
You have multiple insurers to insure vehicles with, and even though it’s nice to have a choice, more choices can make it harder to find the lowest rates.
It is always a good idea to quote other rates once or twice a year because insurance prices go up and down regularly. Just because you found the lowest price on Niro insurance two years ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Don’t believe everything you read about insurance on the web, but you can learn some of the best ways to find cheap insurance.
The purpose of this post is to let you in on the best way to quote coverages and some tips to save money. If you have car insurance now, you will be able to cut costs considerably using these tips. Although vehicle owners must learn how companies compete online and use this information to your advantage.
Informed decisions result in lower insurance premiums
Lots of things are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious like an MVR report, although some other factors are less apparent such as your credit history or how financially stable you are.
- City traffic equals higher prices – Choosing to live in a small town can save you money when insuring your vehicles. People in densely populated areas have to deal with more auto accidents and more severe claims. Less people living in that area means fewer accidents.
- Save money with higher physical damage deductibles – Deductibles for physical damage are how much you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage protection, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of covered claims could be colliding with a stationary object, animal collisions, and damage from wind. The higher the amount the insured is willing to pay, the lower your rates will be on Niro insurance.
- Bundle home and auto and save – Most insurance companies will award better rates for people who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, you may still want to compare other insurance prices to help ensure you have the lowest rates. Consumers may find lower rates by buying car insurance from a different company.
- Maintain car insurance coverage – Having a gap between insurance policy dates is a guaranteed way to increase your renewal premiums. In addition to paying higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you fines or a revoked license. You may need to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with your state motor vehicle department.
- Teen drivers pay higher rates – Mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents and receive fewer citations.Beginning drivers have been known to be careless and easily distracted with other occupants in the car and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
- Tickets hurt – Good drivers receive lower rates compared to drivers with tickets. Just one moving violation can bump up the cost substantially. People who have multiple violations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding are required to complete a SR-22 with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
- Safer vehicles cost less to insure – Safe vehicles get lower rates. Highly rated vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and better occupant protection means lower claim amounts and more competitive rates for policyholders. If the Kia Niro scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov you are probably receiving a discount.
- Car insurance rates can be impacted by your job – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for car insurance? Jobs such as judgesair traffic controllers and accountants generally pay higher premiums than the average policyholder attributed to intense work situations and long work days. On the flip side, careers like professors, engineers and retirees generally pay rates lower than average on Niro insurance.
The best way we recommend to compare rate quotes takes advantage of the fact car insurance companies participate in a system to compare rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide details like whether you have decent credit, if you are currently licensed, if you lease or own, and whether you drive to work or school. That rating data is instantly submitted to all major companies and you get price estimates almost instantly.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Do you qualify for discounts?
Some providers don’t always publicize all their discounts very well, so we researched some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts you could be receiving when you buy car insurance online.
- Accident Waiver – Not necessarily a discount, but a handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before your rates go up with the catch being you have to be claim-free before the accident.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Seniors may be able to get better insurance coverage rates on Niro insurance.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less on Niro insurance compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Early Switch Discount – A few insurance coverage companies give discounts for switching companies before your current policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Multiple Vehicles – Having multiple vehicles with the same company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you may save nearly 15% which can help you find cheaper car insurance.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way.
A few popular companies and the discounts they provide are shown below.
- State Farm has discounts for multiple autos, anti-theft, good student, good driver, safe vehicle, and defensive driving training.
- Esurance may have discounts that include emergency road assistance, online quote, homeowner, claim free, multi-car, and defensive driver.
- Progressive discounts include online signing, continuous coverage, good student, online quote discount, and homeowner.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including new move discount, newly married, preferred payment discount, hybrid vehicle, and new graduate.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers premium reductions for mature driver, good student, multi-policy, safe driver, and air bags.
- GEICO offers discounts for multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, good student, membership and employees, daytime running lights, and air bags.
If you need low cost car insurance quotes, ask every company to give you their best rates. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policies in your state. To see companies with discount rates, click here to view.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same car insurance coverage
When buying the best car insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is unique and your policy should reflect that. For example, these questions may help you determine if you will benefit from professional help.
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Specifics of your insurance policy
Having a good grasp of your policy can help you determine which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring. These are typical coverage types found on the average insurance policy.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for bills for things like funeral costs, chiropractic care and prosthetic devices. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
This coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people. It protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see values of 25/50/25 that translate to a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, $50,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as structural damage, pain and suffering, bail bonds and attorney fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but buy higher limits if possible.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family and damage to your Kia Niro.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Normally these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as hitting a deer, damage from flooding and a broken windshield. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision coverage pays for damage to your Niro resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things such as backing into a parked car, hitting a mailbox, scraping a guard rail, sideswiping another vehicle and driving through your garage door. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
The bottom line
Cost effective 2018 Kia Niro insurance is attainable from both online companies in addition to many insurance agents, so you need to quote car insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who may not offer rates over the internet and these smaller companies only sell through independent agents.
In this article, we covered a lot of ways to save on 2018 Kia Niro insurance. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting cheaper car insurance. Consumers could even find that the best rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies. Regional companies often have lower auto insurance rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
As you restructure your insurance plan, don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost while still protecting your assets.
Use our FREE quote tool to compare rates now!
Additional detailed information is available in these articles:
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area