2018 Nissan Rogue Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 19, 2019
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2018 Nissan Rogue are $1,392 a year with full coverage. Comprehensive costs around $248, collision costs $494, and liability coverage costs around $470. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $536 a year, with high-risk insurance costing around $3,028. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at $5,374 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,392
Rate estimates for 2018 Nissan Rogue Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2018 Nissan Rogue models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a driver in their 40's, prices range go from as low as $536 for the bare minimum liability coverage to a much higher rate of $3,028 for a driver who has had serious violations or accidents.
These differences demonstrate why anyone shopping for car insurance should compare prices for a specific zip code and risk profile, rather than using average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2018 Nissan Rogue Insurance
I can’t think of anyone who fancies paying their premiums for auto insurance, in particular when the cost is too high. Vehicle owners have so many insurance companies to pick from, and although it’s nice to have a selection, lots of choices makes it harder to find a good deal.
Consumers need to do rate comparisons occasionally because auto insurance prices change regularly. Just because you found the lowest rates on Rogue coverage two years ago a different company probably has better premium rates today. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because it’s time to teach you the best way to save on auto insurance.
Insurance quotes and discounts
Companies do not list the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to bring down your rates.
- Accident Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents can earn big discounts in comparison with policyholders that have many claims.
- Student Discounts – This discount can save 20 to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discounted price on car insurance if you buy a life policy as well.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car instead of a used car can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but companies like Libery Mutual, GEICO and Allstate permit an accident before your rates go up so long as you haven’t had any claims for a specific time period.
- Pay Early and Save – By making one initial payment instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So when it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way.
To view insurers with significant discounts, click here to view.
How car insurance companies determine Nissan Rogue insurance costs
Many things are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, but other criteria are less apparent such as your marital status or your commute time.One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance coverage is to to have a grasp of some of the things that aid in calculating the level of your policy premiums. When you understand what influences your rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to better insurance coverage rates.
- Safeguard your assets with liability protection – Your insurance coverage policy’s liability coverage is the protection in the event that a court rules you are at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. Liability provides legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. It is affordable coverage compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Save money by raising deductibles – Physical damage protection, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers your vehicle from damage. Some coverage claims are a windshield shattered by a rock, collision with an animal, and windstorm damage. The deductibles state the amount of money you are required to spend before your insurance coverage pays a claim. The more damage repair cost you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the better rate you will receive on Rogue coverage.
- GPS tracking and theft deterrents lowers insurance coverage rates – Selecting a car model that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Anti-theft features such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can help prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
- When should you file a claims? – Insurance companies give lower rates to policyholders who are claim-free. If you frequently file small claims, you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance coverage is intended for larger claims.
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
When choosing coverage for your vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. Every insured’s situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. These are some specific questions may help you determine whether or not you may require specific advice.
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Does my 2018 Nissan Rogue need full coverage?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
But the ad said I’d save 15% in 15 minutes!
Consumers can’t get away from all the ads for auto insurance savings by companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. All the companies have a common claim about how much you will save if you change your auto insurance policy to them.
How is it possible that every company can charge lower premium rates? You have to listen carefully.
Companies have a preferred profile for a prospective insured that makes them money. A good example of this type of risk profile might be described as between the ages of 30 and 50, insures multiple vehicles, and has excellent credit. A driver that matches those criteria will get very good premium rates and therefore will cut their rates substantially.
People who don’t qualify for these criteria will see higher prices and this results in the customer buying from a different company. The ad wording is “drivers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that kind of money. That’s why companies can advertise the savings.
Because each company has a different risk profile, it’s extremely important to get price quotes at each policy renewal. Because without a comparison, you cannot know which company will have the best car insurance rates.
Understanding the coverages of insurance aids in choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are the usual coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as damage from getting keyed, hitting a deer, damage from a tornado or hurricane and rock chips in glass. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for expenses for ambulance fees, rehabilitation expenses, prosthetic devices, EMT expenses and funeral costs. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Nissan Rogue.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Frequently these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Coverage for liability
This coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property that is your fault. It protects you from legal claims by others. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 100/300/100 that translate to $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use a combined limit which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers things like attorney fees, funeral expenses, structural damage, loss of income and pain and suffering. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things such as scraping a guard rail, damaging your car on a curb and colliding with another moving vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Shop around and save
As you prepare to switch companies, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of information how to save on 2018 Nissan Rogue insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting cheaper car insurance. Drivers may discover the best price on insurance is with a small mutual company. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Additional insurance information can be found below:
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,199|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,379|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$100|
|5-yr Claim Free||$90|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$61|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.