Cheapest 2019 Nissan Rogue Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 6, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Drivers have many options when trying to find low-cost Nissan Rogue insurance. They can either spend hours driving around to compare prices or utilize the internet to get rate quotes.
There is a better way to find insurance online and you need to know the absolute fastest way to quote coverages for a Nissan and obtain the lowest price from local insurance agents and online providers.
Get lower rates with these insurance coverage discounts
Buying insurance coverage is not cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will be applied at quote time, but a few must be specifically requested before you will receive the discount.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying insurance for several vehicles with one company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Save with a New Car – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can save you some money because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Sign Online – Some insurance coverage companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up on your computer.
- Good Student – Getting good grades may save you up to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Auto/Life Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get better insurance coveragerates if you take out some life insurance too.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some insurance coverage companies reward drivers for switching companies prior to your current policy expiring. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Payment Method – If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- Defensive Driver – Taking time to complete a course that instructs on driving safety could cut 5% off your bill depending on where you live.
- Accident Waiver – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like Liberty Mutual, Allstate and State Farm allow you one accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
A list of companies and the discounts they provide are included below.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including good student, homeowner, online signing, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for defensive driver, good student, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, bundle, driver training, and air bag.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for multi-policy, multi-car, anti-theft, ease of repair, accident-free, low natural disaster claims, and good student.
- GEICO offers discounts for seat belt use, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, driver training, air bags, and five-year accident-free.
- AAA includes discounts for good student, multi-policy, education and occupation, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, and good driver.
- State Farm has savings for driver’s education, student away at school, defensive driving training, good driver, and passive restraint.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company or agent how you can save money. Some discounts listed above might not be offered on policies in your area. To locate insurance companies who offer insurance coverage discounts, enter your zip code here.
Nissan Rogue insurance rate factors
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that go into determining your premiums. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could help you find lower insurance prices.
- Higher premiums for tough jobs – Do you work in a high-stress field? Jobs like real estate brokers, business owners and financial analysts usually pay higher rates than the rest of us attributed to stressful work requirements and long work hours. On the other hand, jobs like professors, students and homemakers have lower than average premiums on Rogue insurance.
- An active insurance claims history can cost you more – Auto insurance companies give the best rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Your insurance policy is designed for larger claims.
- Compare rates if you bundle your policies – Most larger insurers apply lower prices to clients who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you already get this discount, consumers should still check prices from other companies to ensure the best deal.There is a chance you can save more without the discount by buying insurance from more than one company.
- If you don’t need it don’t buy it – Insurance policies have a lot of extra bells and whistles that you can get tricked into buying if you aren’t diligent. Coverages for roadside assistance, better glass coverage, and membership fees are some examples. These may sound like a good investment at first, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so think about removing them and cutting costs.
- A linsurance policy lapse is a bad thing – Having an insurance coverage lapse is a quick way to pay more for insurance. In addition to paying higher premiums, the inability to provide proof of insurance could result in a revoked license or a big fine.
- The more you drive the more you pay – The higher the mileage driven each year the more you will pay for insurance. A lot of companies price each vehicle’s coverage partially by how you use the vehicle. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use qualify for better rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Verify your insurance coverage is showing the right rating data, because it can save money. An incorrectly rated Rogue can result in significantly higher rates.
Insurance can get complicated
When choosing the best insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For example, these questions may help you determine whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Is my 2019 Nissan Rogue covered for flood damage?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Is my trailer covered?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- Am I covered by my spouse’s policy after a separation?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete your zip code. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Car insurance 101
Learning about specific coverages of your auto insurance policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things like falling objects, damage from a tornado or hurricane and rock chips in glass. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Collision coverage protection
This coverage pays for damage to your Rogue resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things such as backing into a parked car, crashing into a building and hitting a parking meter. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
This protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Nissan Rogue.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Frequently these limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Medical costs insurance
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for immediate expenses like pain medications, chiropractic care, hospital visits, doctor visits and surgery. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
This provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property that is your fault. This coverage protects you against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see limits of 25/50/25 which means a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Another option is a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against things like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, structural damage, pain and suffering, court costs and funeral expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Save your hard earned cash
We’ve covered a lot of ways to reduce 2019 Nissan Rogue insurance auto insurance rates online. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the most savings is with a small mutual company.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s very important that you do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Insureds who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as delays in responding to claim requests, high prices, denial of a claim or even extreme rates for teen drivers. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new car insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
For more information, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find low-cost Nissan Rogue insurance?
You can find low-cost Nissan Rogue insurance by comparing prices from different insurance companies. You can either spend time driving around to get quotes or use the internet to get rate quotes.
Are there discounts available for insurance coverage?
Yes, there are discounts available for insurance coverage. Some discounts are applied automatically at the time of the quote, while others need to be specifically requested. These discounts can help lower the cost of certain coverages.
What factors affect Nissan Rogue insurance rates?
Several factors can affect Nissan Rogue insurance rates, including your driving record, the location where you live, the coverage options you choose, your age, and the type of car you drive.
What is comprehensive coverage?
Comprehensive coverage pays for damages that are not caused by a collision, such as damage from falling objects, tornadoes, hurricanes, or rock chips in glass. You need to pay a deductible before the coverage applies.
What is medical costs insurance?
Medical costs insurance, also known as Personal Injury Protection (PIP), covers immediate expenses like medical bills, hospital visits, and surgery. It can be used in addition to your health insurance or as a standalone coverage.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area