Subaru Subaru Crosstrek Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 20, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Finding better insurance prices for a new or used Subaru Crosstrek can be a lot of work, but you can use these tips and make it easy. There is a better way to find insurance online and we’ll show you the quickest way to get price quotes for a Subaru and locate the lowest possible price from local insurance agents and online providers.
If you have a current insurance policy or are looking for a new policy, you can learn to find better prices and still get good coverage. Locating more affordable insurance coverage is quite easy. Drivers just need to understand the best way to compare rates online.
How to Shop Insurance Coverage Online
Performing a rate comparison is a ton of work if you don’t know the most efficient way to do it. You could waste time discussing policy coverages with insurance companies in your area, or you could use online quotes to maximize your effort.
Many of the larger companies are enrolled in a marketplace where insurance shoppers enter their coverage request one time, and each participating company then returns a price quote based on that data. This prevents consumers from doing quote requests for each company you want a rate for.
To use this form to compare rates click here to start a free quote.
The one disadvantage to using this type of system is you cannot specify which providers to get pricing from. So if you prefer to pick individual companies to compare, we have a listing of the cheapest insurance coverage companies in your area. Click here to view list.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just try to use the same coverage information on every quote. If you enter different coverage information then you won’t be able to truly determine the lowest rate.
Car Insurance Companies Offer Many Discounts
Car insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of quoting, but less common discounts must be requested specifically prior to getting the savings.
- Theft Deterrent System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen less frequently and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Defensive Driving Course – Passing a course teaching defensive driving skills could cut 5% off your bill and also improve your driving technique.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you combine your auto and home policies and place coverage with the same company you could save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving could cut 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Distant Student – College-age children who live away from home at college and don’t have a car can receive lower rates.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you may qualify for a small decrease in premiums on Crosstrek insurance.
- Multiple Cars – Buying insurance for all your vehicles with the same company qualifies for this discount.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver complete a driver education course in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Homeowners Discount – Just owning your own home can save you money because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one is not really a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies may permit one accident without getting socked with a rate hike as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
For a list of car insurance companies that offer some of these discounts, follow this link.
Do I just need basic coverages?
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
These are some specific questions could help you determine whether you might need professional guidance.
- Who is covered when they drive my 2018 Subaru Crosstrek?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Subaru Crosstrek Insurance Price Factors
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning some of the factors that help calculate your premiums. If you have some idea of what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to lower premium levels.
Your 2018 Subaru Crosstrek insurance cost will be impacted by many factors. Shown below are a few of the “ingredients” used by insurance companies to determine prices.
- Costs also based on gender – Statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women cause at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. They also get higher numbers of serious violations such as reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 are several times more likely to be in an accident and thus pay the highest rates.
- Defend yourself with liability insurance – Liability insurance is the protection if ever a court rules you are at fault for personal injury or accident damage. This coverage provides legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability is cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Physical damage deductibles – Protection for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be a dented fender, hitting a deer, or theft. The deductibles you choose define how much you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. The more money you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be on Crosstrek insurance.
- Choose high IIHS safety ratings and save – Cars with five star safety ratings get lower rates. Highly rated vehicles reduce injuries and fewer injuries means less money paid by your insurance company which can mean better rates for you. If your Subaru Crosstrek earned at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Youthful drivers cost more – Inexperience drivers are proven to be less responsible when driving therefore car insurance rates are much higher. More mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to file fewer claims , and are generally more financially stable.
- Having a spouse brings a discount – Being married can actually save you money on your policy. It generally demonstrates drivers are more mature and it’s statistically proven that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Tough job may mean higher car insurance rates – Careers like lawyers, business owners and emergency personnel usually pay higher rates than the rest of us attributed to job stress and incredibly demanding work hours. Other occupations such as actors, historians and homemakers get better rates on Crosstrek insurance.
- Cheap prices for being claim-free – Auto insurance companies provide cheaper rates to people who only file infrequent claims. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can pretty much guarantee increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your insurance policy is intended for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Parts of Your Insurance Policy
Understanding the coverages of an insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for claims such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, damaging your car on a curb, crashing into a ditch and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like damage from flooding, fire damage, a broken windshield, falling objects and damage from getting keyed. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Liability coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people in an accident. It protects YOU from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as medical expenses, medical services and loss of income. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage kick in for expenses for X-ray expenses, prosthetic devices, EMT expenses, surgery and hospital visits. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. They cover you and your occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Take This to The Bank
People change insurance companies for any number of reasons including questionable increases in premium, extreme rates for teen drivers, denial of a claim and even high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason, switching insurance companies can be easy and end up saving you some money.
We’ve covered some good ideas how you can shop for 2018 Subaru Crosstrek insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding cheaper auto insurance. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a small mutual company.
When buying insurance coverage, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at the best price and still be able to protect your assets.
For more information, take a look at these articles:
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area