Cheap 2019 Ford Explorer Insurance Cost
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 6, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want better auto insurance rates? Drivers have lots of choices when trying to find the best price on Ford Explorer insurance. They can either spend hours struggling with agents getting price quotes or save time using the internet to make rate comparisons.
There are both good and bad ways to shop for auto insurance and you need to know the best way to get price quotes for a new or used Ford and locate the lowest price either online or from local insurance agents.
It is always a good idea to do price comparisons every six months because auto insurance prices fluctuate regularly. If you had the lowest price for Explorer insurance at your last renewal other companies may now be cheaper. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re about to find out the tricks you need to know to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
How to compare insurance quotes
Finding a lower price on 2019 Ford Explorer insurance is an easy way to save money. Consumers just need to take a couple of minutes getting comparison quotes to discover which company has low cost auto insurance quotes. This can easily be done by following the guidelines below.
- One of the best ways to compare a lot of rates at once is a comparison rater form. This type of form saves time by eliminating separate quotes for each price estimate. Taking the time to complete one form will return quotes from several companies. Recommended for those who want to invest the least amount of time.
- A harder way to find better pricing is to take the time to go to the website of each company to complete a price quote. For sake of this example, let’s say you want comparison quotes from Nationwide, State Farm and Allstate. In order to get each rate, you would have to spend time on each company’s site and enter your policy data, which can get rather old.
- The least efficient way to find cheaper rates is making phone calls or going to insurance agencies in your area. Comparing rates online eliminates the middleman unless you have a need for the extra assistance that only a licensed agent can provide. You can, however, compare online quotes and still use a local agent.
Which method you use is up to you, but make darn sure you compare apples-to-apples coverage limits and deductibles for every company. If you use different values for each quote you can’t possibly determine the lowest rate for your Ford Explorer.
Brand name doesn’t guarantee savings
Consumers can’t get away from ads for the lowest price insurance coverage from the likes of Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. They all seem to say the same thing that drivers can save some big amount if you just switch to them.
How is it plausible that every one can say the same thing? This is the way they can do it.
All the different companies quote their cheapest rates for the type of driver that is profitable for them. An example of this type of insured might be described as over the age of 35, has no tickets, and the vehicle is rated for pleasure use. Any new insured that fits those parameters receives the best rates and will also save quite a bit of money when switching.
Insureds who do not match those standards will probably have to pay a higher rate and this can result in the customer buying from a different company. Company advertisements say “people who switch” but not “everyone who gets a quote” save that kind of money. That’s the way companies can make the claims of big savings.
Because of these techniques, you really should do a rate comparison at every renewal. It’s impossible to know which insurance coverage company will give you the biggest savings.
Learn how to find car insurance for less
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning the rating factors that help determine the rates you pay for car insurance. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs.
- Cheaper rates using alarms and GPS tracking – Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Theft prevention devices such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all hinder your vehicle from being stolen.
- Frequent car insurance claims increase prices – Insurance companies award better rates to insureds that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can pretty much guarantee much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
- Liability coverage limits on your policy – Liability coverage will protect you in the event that a court rules you are at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense coverage to defend your case. Liability is cheap compared to comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Expect high rates for teens – Teen drivers have been known to get distracted easily in a vehicle so they pay higher car insurance rates. Adding a inexperienced driver to your policy can be very expensive. More mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, are lower risk to insure and receive fewer citations.
Take policy discounts and save
Insurance coverage is not inexpensive, but companies offer discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Certain discounts will be applied when you purchase, but once in a while a discount must be asked for before you get the savings.
- Theft Deterent System – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen with less frequency and will save you 10% or more.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new car can be considerably cheaper because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Club Memberships – Participating in qualifying clubs or civic groups could qualify you for a break on your policy.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower rates.
As is typical with insurance, most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you aren’t that lucky. Any amount of discount will bring down your policy cost.
Large insurance coverage companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are:
- The Hartford offers discounts for driver training, bundle, defensive driver, air bag, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, and good student.
- American Family has discounts for accident-free, air bags, early bird, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- Progressive has savings for multi-policy, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, good student, online quote discount, online signing, and homeowner.
- Travelers may offer discounts for payment discounts, home ownership, hybrid/electric vehicle, good student, multi-policy, save driver, and early quote.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include mature driver, youthful driver, business and professional, electronic funds transfer, alternative fuel, teen driver, and pay in full.
- USAA may include discounts for defensive driver, driver training, vehicle storage, loyalty savings, and safe driver.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including newly married, new vehicle discount, exclusive group savings, multi-car, newly retired, and safety features.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all the companies which discounts they offer. Discounts might not apply in your area.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When buying adequate coverage, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out your zip code. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Insurance coverage basics
Knowing the specifics of your insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Liability coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people in an accident. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see liability limits of 50/100/50 that means you have a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as loss of income, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and pain and suffering. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Explorer resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things like sustaining damage from a pot hole, colliding with a tree and crashing into a ditch. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Ford Explorer.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Normally the UM/UIM limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Medical expense coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for immediate expenses such as hospital visits, prosthetic devices, rehabilitation expenses and pain medications. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as theft, damage from getting keyed and damage from flooding. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Pennies from heaven
Affordable 2019 Ford Explorer insurance is attainable both online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies may not have rate quotes online and these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent agents.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of information how to get a better price on 2019 Ford Explorer insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding the cheapest auto insurance. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates come from an unexpected company.
Insureds leave their current company for a number of reasons such as lack of trust in their agent, extreme rates for teen drivers, policy cancellation or questionable increases in premium. Whatever your reason, switching car insurance companies can be pretty painless.
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area