2019 Ford Fusion Energi Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 9, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2019 Ford Fusion Energi are $1,458 a year for full coverage insurance. Comprehensive insurance costs an estimated $306, collision costs $596, and liability insurance costs around $398. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $460 a year, with high-risk insurance costing $3,170 or more. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at $5,426 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,458
Rate estimates for 2019 Ford Fusion Energi Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2019 Ford Fusion Energi models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a driver in their 40's, prices range go from as low as $460 for the bare minimum liability coverage to a much higher rate of $3,170 for a driver who has had serious violations or accidents.
These differences illustrate why anyone shopping for car insurance should compare prices for a targeted area and risk profile, rather than relying on price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2019 Ford Fusion Energi Insurance
Searching for lower priced insurance coverage on the web can seem to be difficult for consumers that are not comfortable with quoting and comparing prices on the web. With such a big selection of agents and online companies available, how are we expected to even start to compare every company in order to find better rates?
Lower your insurance rates
Multiple criteria are used when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, although some other factors are not as apparent such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating.
The items below are some of the items utilized by car insurance companies to help set prices.
- Age of drivers impacts rates – More mature drivers tend to be more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.Teenage drivers are statistically proven to be careless and easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle so they pay higher insurance coverage rates.
- Too many claims and you’ll pay more – Car insurance companies generally give lower rates to policyholders who are not frequent claim filers. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can definitely plan on increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
- Being married can lower rates – Having a significant other may earn you lower rates on your insurance coverage policy. It translates into being more financially stable it has been statistically shown that being married results in fewer claims.
- Theft deterrents save – Buying a car with advanced anti-theft systems can help bring down rates. Systems that thwart theives like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms all hinder your car from being stolen.
- Never have insurance coverage lapses – Driving without insurance is against the law and any future policy may cost more because you let your insurance lapse. And not only will insurance be more expensive, failure to provide proof of insurance may earn you fines and jail time. You will then be forced to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with your state DMV.
- Cheaper rates with high comp and collision deductibles – Physical damage protection, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Examples of some claims that would be covered would be a broken side mirror, damage caused by hail, and rolling your vehicle. The deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. The more damage repair cost the insured has to pay upfront, the less your insurance coverage will be for Fusion Energi insurance.
- Pleasure use saves money – Driving more miles each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. A lot of companies rate vehicles based on their usage. Autos that do not get driven very much qualify for better rates compared to those used for work or business. It’s a smart idea to ensure your insurance coverage coverage states the correct usage. Improper usage on your Fusion Energi is just wasting money.
- Tickets and citations cost more than a fine – A bad driving record can have a huge impact on auto insurance premiums. Attentive drivers get better rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Having a single moving violation can increase the cost of insurance by twenty percent. Drivers who have severe violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find they need to file a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to continue driving.
Discounts for affordable car insurance rates
Buying car insurance is not cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Many discounts should be triggered at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be inquired about before being credited.
- Pay Early and Save – By making one initial payment instead of paying each month you can avoid the installment charge.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having an actively deployed family member may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Student in College – who live away from home to go to college without a vehicle on campus could qualify for this discount.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying a policy with multiple cars with the same company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Professional Memberships – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization can get you a small discount on car insurance.
- Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify for a discount when you quote auto insurance for Fusion Energi insurance with select insurance companies.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Require your teen driver to sucessfully take a drivers education course in school.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can combine your home and auto policy and insure them with the same company you could earn a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
Remember that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
To see a list of insurance companies offering car insurance discounts, enter your zip code here.
Insurance in the media
Companies like State Farm and Allstate seem to constantly run television, radio, and online ads. All the companies advertise claims about how much you will save just by moving to them. How is it possible that every company can make the same claim?
Many companies can use profiling for the type of driver that makes them money. For instance, a driver they prefer could possibly be between the ages of 30 and 45, has never had a policy lapse, and chooses high deductibles. A propective insured who matches that profile is entitled to the best price as well as save when they switch companies.
Consumers who fall outside these stringent criteria may be forced to pay more expensive rates and ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The wording the ads use say “drivers who switch” but not “all drivers who get quotes” save the amount stated. That is how insurance companies can make those claims.
This really emphasizes why drivers must quote coverage with many companies. Because you cannot predict the company that will give you lower premium rates than your current company.
Tailor your insurance coverage coverage to you
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For instance, these questions might help in determining whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Does my 2019 Ford Fusion Energi need full coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete your zip code.
Coverages available on your auto insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of your policy can help you determine appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your 2019 Ford Fusion Energi.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Most of the time these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Comprehensive auto insurance
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as a broken windshield, rock chips in glass, hail damage and damage from flooding. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Liability car insurance
Liability insurance can cover damage that occurs to a person or their property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see values of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers things such as medical services, pain and suffering, attorney fees, medical expenses and legal defense fees. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
Coverage for collisions
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Fusion Energi from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things like colliding with another moving vehicle, driving through your garage door and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for expenses like hospital visits, chiropractic care, X-ray expenses and nursing services. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Make an honest buck
Drivers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, policy non-renewal, policy cancellation and even being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching auto insurance companies is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
When shopping online for auto insurance, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The aim is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
In this article, we presented a lot of ways to lower your 2019 Ford Fusion Energi insurance rates. The key thing to remember is the more you quote auto insurance, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper auto insurance. You may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from the least-expected company.
More information can be read below:
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,307|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,496|
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$111|
|5-yr Claim Free||$95|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$69|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.