2019 Honda CR-V Insurance Quotes – 9 Ways to Save
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Buyers have lots of choices when searching for low-cost Honda CR-V insurance. They can either spend hours contacting agents to compare prices or save time using the internet to get rate quotes.
There are both good and bad ways to shop for insurance so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to compare rates for a Honda and locate the lowest price either online or from local insurance agents.
Do you qualify for these nine discounts?
Some insurers don’t always list all available discounts very well, so we researched a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden discounts that may be available.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Good Student – Maintaining excellent grades may save as much as 25% on a insurance coverage quote. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Having multiple cars with one company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Sign Early and Save – A few larger companies allow discounts for switching to them before your current expiration date. It could save around 10% when you buy insurance coverage online.
- Cautious Driver Discounts – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% for CR-V coverage compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning your own home or condo can save you money because of the fact that having a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Student in College – Youth drivers who live away from home at college without a vehicle on campus could qualify for this discount.
- Federal Government Employee – Federal government employees can save as much as 8% for CR-V coverage with a few insurance companies.
- Organization Discounts – Being a member of a professional or civic organization could trigger savings on your bill.
Please keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck. But any discount will positively reduce the amount you pay for coverage.
A list of companies and their possible discounts include:
- American Family discounts include mySafetyValet, bundled insurance, air bags, TimeAway discount, multi-vehicle, Steer into Savings, and good student.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for driver training, 55 and retired, good student, safe driver, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm includes discounts for Drive Safe & Save, multiple autos, safe vehicle, multiple policy, accident-free, and good driver.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including payment discounts, driver training, continuous insurance, home ownership, and save driver.
- The Hartford offers discounts including vehicle fuel type, good student, bundle, air bag, defensive driver, and anti-theft.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, membership and employees, anti-theft, defensive driver, five-year accident-free, and daytime running lights.
- Progressive may include discounts for online signing, homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
If you want cheap insurance coverage quotes, ask each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered in your area. For a list of insurance companies with discount insurance rates, enter your zip code here.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same insurance coverage coverage
When choosing coverage, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if you will benefit from professional help.
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and enter your zip code. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Are you falling for claims of savings?
Consumers can’t escape the ads for insurance savings by Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. All the ads make an identical promise about savings after switching your insurance coverage to their company.
How does each company make almost identical claims? Here is how they do it.
Many companies have a preferred profile for a prospective insured that will most likely be profitable. An example of this type of driver could possibly be married and over the age of 30, insures multiple vehicles, and the vehicle is rated for pleasure use. A customer getting a price quote who fits those characteristics is entitled to the best price and will most likely pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Consumers who may not quite match this stringent profile will get higher premiums and ends up with business not being written. The ads state “customers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that kind of money. That’s the way insurance companies can make those statements.
This illustrates why it is so important to compare many company’s car insurance rates. Because without a comparison, you cannot know which company will give you the biggest savings.
Insurance coverages 101
Having a good grasp of insurance can help you determine the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your CR-V from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as driving through your garage door, rolling your car, backing into a parked car and hitting a mailbox. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive auto coverage – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like vandalism, rock chips in glass, hitting a bird and falling objects. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Most of the time these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Coverage for liability – This coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property that is your fault. It protects you from claims by other people. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have values of 100/300/100 which means a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for claims like legal defense fees, medical services and funeral expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Med pay and PIP coverage pay for immediate expenses such as dental work, X-ray expenses, chiropractic care and surgery. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Buy Smart and Save
People who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, lack of trust in their agent, extreme rates for teen drivers and delays in responding to claim requests. Regardless of your reason, switching auto insurance companies is less work than it seems.
We just covered a lot of information how to reduce 2019 Honda CR-V insurance premium rates online. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where someone dropped full coverage and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your focus should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area