Honda Honda CR-V Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 30, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find cheaper insurance rates for your Honda CR-V? No car owner gets a kick out of paying for insurance, especially when the price is too high. With so many options when it comes to insurance, it’s nearly impossible to locate a lower cost insurance company.
How to compare insurance quotes
Most larger insurance companies make it easy to get coverage prices from their websites. Doing online price comparisons is pretty painless as you just type in the coverages you want on the page. When complete, the company’s rating system collects information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price based on many factors. Online quotes makes it a lot easier to compare rates but having to visit each company’s website and repetitively fill out multiple forms gets old quite quickly. But it’s also necessary to get many rate quotes in order to get the lowest price.
A more efficient way to find cheaper rates requires only one form that gets prices from several different companies. It saves time, eliminates repetitive work, and makes online price comparison much more efficient. Immediately after submitting the form, it is rated and you are able to buy any of the returned quotes. If you find a better price you simply finish the application and buy the policy. This process can be completed in less than 10 minutes and may save quite a bit of money.
To find out what other companies charge, simply enter your zip code here and enter your vehicle and coverage information. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you copy your coverages just like they are on your policy. This helps ensure you will have a fair comparison for the exact same coverage.
Big brands don’t always mean big savings
Consumers can’t avoid all the ads that claim the best prices by Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. All the companies make an identical promise that drivers will save a bundle after switching your policy.
That’s great but how can every company claim to save you money? Here is the trick they use.
All the different companies have specific guidelines for the type of customer that earns them the highest profit. For example, a driver they prefer may need to be a married male, has no prior claims, and drives newer vehicles. Any driver who matches those parameters will most likely get cheap prices and will most likely cut their rates substantially.
Consumers who fall short of these stringent criteria may be required to pay more expensive rates with the end result being the customer buying from someone else. If you pay attention, the ads say “customers who switch” not “everyone who quotes” save that kind of money. That is how insurance companies can lure you into getting a quote. Because of the profiling, it’s extremely important to get car insurance quotes as often as possible. It’s just too difficult to predict with any certainty which company will fit you best based on your risk profile.
Car insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that you may not even know about. Some discounts will apply when you purchase, but once in a while a discount must be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Larger car insurance companies have lower premium rates if you buy a life policy as well.
- Homeowners Pay Less – Owning a house can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Membership in Organizations – Joining specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations can get you a small discount on your policy.
- Government Employees – Employees or retirees of the government could provide a small rate reduction on CR-V coverage but check with your company.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less on CR-V coverage than less cautious drivers.
- No Accidents – Drivers who stay claim-free can earn big discounts when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags may get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Pay Early and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you may have a lower total premium amount.
One last thing about discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
Larger car insurance companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for type of vehicle, accident-free, multi-car, location of vehicle, and good driver.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for switch companies, homeowner, distant student, alternative fuel, mature driver, pay in full, and electronic funds transfer.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for safe driver, renewal discount, driver training, multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, and youthful driver.
- State Farm has discounts for student away at school, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, driver’s education, passive restraint, and good driver.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including passive restraint, multi-policy, auto/life discount, good payer, and eSmart discount.
- GEICO may offer discounts for emergency military deployment, military active duty, daytime running lights, defensive driver, driver training, and anti-lock brakes.
When quoting, ask all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Discounts may not be available everywhere.
Insurance agents can help
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique and your policy should reflect that. For instance, these questions may help you determine whether you may require specific advice.
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out your zip code. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Coverages available on your insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of a insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Listed below are the normal coverages found on the average insurance policy.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for immediate expenses for things like funeral costs, surgery, rehabilitation expenses, ambulance fees and doctor visits. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision coverages – This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for claims like colliding with a tree, sideswiping another vehicle, driving through your garage door, backing into a parked car and hitting a parking meter. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Auto liability insurance – Liability coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to people or other property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see values of 100/300/100 which stand for $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000.
Liability can pay for things such as loss of income, attorney fees and bail bonds. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – This provides protection from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Honda CR-V.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Comprehensive insurance – Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as falling objects, vandalism and rock chips in glass. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Make a quick buck
As you shop your coverage around, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits only to discover later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Some insurance companies do not provide online quoting and these smaller providers sell through independent insurance agencies. Lower-priced insurance coverage is possible from both online companies in addition to many insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis.
Additional information can be read on the following sites:
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area