2019 Mazda CX-5 Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Apr 9, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2019 Mazda CX-5 are $1,356 a year with full coverage. Comprehensive costs approximately $294 each year, collision costs $506, and liability costs $398. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $460 a year, with high-risk insurance costing around $2,928. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at $5,060 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,356
Rate estimates for 2019 Mazda CX-5 Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2019 Mazda CX-5 models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a 40-year-old driver, prices range go from as low as $460 for just liability coverage to a high rate of $2,928 for high-risk insurance.
These differences demonstrate why all drivers should compare rates using their specific location and risk profile, instead of using price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2019 Mazda CX-5 Insurance
High-priced insurance can stress out your savings and maybe even restrict other spending. Price shopping at each renewal is an excellent way to cut your insurance bill.
Many car insurance companies compete for your insurance dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every insurer to get the best rate
You need to compare premium rates once or twice a year because insurance prices trend upward over time. Even if you got the best rates for CX-5 insurance two years ago other companies may now be cheaper. There are a lot of ways to save on insurance on the internet, but you can learn some good information on how to quit paying high insurance rates.
If you have car insurance now, you will be able to save some money using these tips. Buying car insurance is not rocket science. But drivers need to learn the way insurance companies price insurance differently and apply this information to your search.
How to get car insurance price quotes
Many insurance companies make it easy to get insurance quotes online. The process is pretty painless because you just enter your coverage information on the page. When the form is submitted, the company’s rating system will order credit information and your driving record and provides a quote determined by many factors. Online price estimates makes it a lot easier to compare rates but the time required to go to each company’s website and repetitively type in your information is monotonous and tiresome. But it’s also necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you are searching for the lowest price.
There is a better way!
A more efficient way to locate the lowest prices makes use of a single form that gets price quotes from more than one company. The form is fast, requires much less work on your part, and makes online price comparison much easier to do. Immediately after you send the form, your coverage is rated and you are able to buy your choice of the pricing results. If a lower price is quoted, you simply finish the application and buy the new coverage. The entire process takes just a few minutes to complete and can result in significant savings.
To use this form to compare rates, simply enter your zip code here and submit your coverage information. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you complete the form with the limits and deductibles just like they are on your policy. This makes sure you will have a rate comparison for similar insurance coverage.
Auto insurance ads bend the truth
Companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive seem to constantly run television, radio, and online ads. They all tend to make the same promise that you can save just by moving your policy. How does every company cost less than your current company? Here is the trick they use.
Different companies give the best rates for the type of driver that earns them the highest profit. One example of this type of risk profile might be described as a married male, has a low-risk occupation, and drives less than 5,000 miles a year. A customer getting a price quote who matches those parameters will probably get cheap car insurance rates and will probably cut their rates substantially.
Potential customers who are not a match for these standards must pay higher prices and this can result in business going elsewhere. The wording the ads use say “drivers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save money. That is how insurance companies can make claims that they all have the best car insurance rates. This emphasizes why you absolutely need to compare price quotes frequently. Because you never know with any certainty which company will have the lowest rate quotes.
Insurance rate influencing factors
Many different elements are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, although some other factors are less apparent such as your marital status or your vehicle rating.Part of the insurance coverage buying process is learning the factors that aid in calculating the price you pay for insurance coverage. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in lower rates.
The items below are most of the major factors used by your company to calculate your prices.
- Pay more by driving carelessly – How you drive impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Having just one driving citation may cause rates to rise twenty percent or more. Drivers with clean records get better rates as compared to careless drivers. Drivers with careless violations such as DUI or reckless driving might be required by their state to complete a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Better prices for continuous coverage – Letting your insurance expire is a fast way to increase your rates. And not only will your rates increase, not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Cars with good safety ratings save money – Cars with five star safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles reduce injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries translates into savings for insurance companies which can mean better rates for you. If your Mazda CX-5 is rated at a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Lower deductibles cost more – Physical damage deductibles represent how much money you are required to pay if the claim is covered. Physical damage insurance, also called ‘full coverage’, insures against damage to your car. Some coverage claims are rearending another vehicle, fire damage, and damage caused by road hazards. The more damage repair cost you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the lower your rates will be for CX-5 insurance.
Take policy discounts and save
Car insurance can be pricey, but discounts can save money and there are some available that many consumers don’t even know exist. Most are applied when you complete an application, but some discounts are required to be asked about prior to receiving the credit.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some larger companies reward drivers for signing up before your current expiration date. You may see this discount when you get insurance coverage quotes online.
- Professional Organizations – Belonging to a qualifying organization may earn a discount on your next renewal.
- Active Service Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Good Students Pay Less – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll and complete driver’s education as it can save substantially.
- College Student Discount – Children who live away from home at college and leave their car at home can receive lower rates.
- Paper-free Discount – Some larger companies will give a small break shop insurance coverage online.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers who don’t have accidents can save substantially as compared to drivers with a long claim history.
One last thing about discounts, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way.
For a list of companies offering car insurance discounts, enter your zip code here.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When buying adequate coverage, there is no one size fits all plan. Every situation is different so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if you could use an agent’s help.
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete your zip code.
Auto insurance coverages and their meanings
Knowing the specifics of auto insurance can be of help when determining which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Auto insurance terms can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Listed below are typical coverage types offered by auto insurance companies.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Mazda CX-5.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Comprehensive auto insurance
This coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a deer and falling objects. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Collision coverage protection
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your CX-5 from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things like sideswiping another vehicle, damaging your car on a curb, driving through your garage door and backing into a parked car. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from older vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Liability insurance protects you from damage that occurs to people or other property in an accident. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 50/100/50 which means a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and property damage coverage for $50,000.
Liability insurance covers claims such as structural damage, pain and suffering, medical services and attorney fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Coverage for medical expenses
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for immediate expenses such as nursing services, hospital visits, pain medications and ambulance fees. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers you and your occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Be a smart shopper
We just showed you some good ideas how to save on 2019 Mazda CX-5 insurance. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Drivers may discover the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company. Regional companies may have significantly lower car insurance rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
As you quote insurance coverage, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$2,148|
|Los Angeles, CA||$2,322|
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$98|
|5-yr Claim Free||$87|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$61|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.